Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vigil for mothers and unborn babies in Knock with alleged PAEDO protector Sean Brady

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,387 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: Do any of you people know who Charles Whitman was? None of you dumbasses knows? Private Cowboy?

Private Cowboy: Sir, he was that guy who shot all those people from that tower in Austin, Texas, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: That's affirmative. Charles Whitman killed twelve people from a twenty-eight-story observation tower at the University of Texas from distances up to four hundred yards. Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was? Private Snowball?

Private Snowball: Sir, he shot Kennedy, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: That's right, and do you know how far away he was?

Private Snowball: Sir, it was pretty far! From that book suppository building, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: All right, knock it off! Two hundred and fifty feet! He was two hundred and fifty feet away and shooting at a moving target. Oswald got off three rounds with an old Italian bolt action rifle in only six seconds and scored two hits, including a head shot! Do any of you people know where these individuals learned to shoot? Private Joker?

Private Joker: Sir, in the Marines, sir!

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman: In the Marines! Outstanding! Those individuals showed what one motivated marine and his rifle can do! And before you ladies leave my island, you will be able to do the same thing!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

:D

Sacrilege! :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

ninja900 wrote: »
    Sacrilege! :pac:

Can't be sacrilege. It's funny!

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    That actually explains why I have never experienced god - the mere sight of a fender stratocaster makes me run for the hills.
    And how you feel about the Cream-era SG and 335? His first mistake was leaving the Les Paul behind when he left the Bluesbreakers... :D

Actually, come to think of it.... after Cream he was a member of Blind Faith. Maybe that was where the rot set in?

Blind Faith...

• Advertisement

Best not to mention 'that' album cover. Oops I just mentioned it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

swampgas wrote: »
    Do you honestly believe that the many victims of clerical abuse, including the 100 or so victims of Brendan Smyth, would agree with you? Sean Brady should have resigned, in disgrace, ages ago.
    Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Smyth
    I'm thinking of walking into my local Garda station and reporting Brady as an "accessory after the fact" in the crime of sexual abuse of a minor, as perpetrated by Smyth. Do people think the DPP would prosecute this one?

ninja900 wrote: »
    Best not to mention 'that' album cover. Oops I just mentioned it.
    Feck. Forgot the artwork was a little... well, let's just say Brady would probably move the photographer to another parish.

In my defence, I did suggest the rot set in with the onset of 'Blind Faith'!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

endacl wrote: »
    And how you feel about the Cream-era SG and 335? His first mistake was leaving the Les Paul behind when he left the Bluesbreakers... :D

Actually, come to think of it.... after Cream he was a member of Blind Faith. Maybe that was where the rot set in?

Blind Faith...

I am part of the 'punk' generation which revolted against the endless bloody 'virtuoso' guitar solos...this is not to say I hate all guitar solos - just the ones that seemed never ending...and were playedon fender stratocastors. I hate bloody fender stratocastors as they hit these high screechy notes that hurt my ears.

Advertisement