Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Listening to that Shut-Up-Phil audio, all I could picture was Gareth Keenan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The new 24 hour Off The Ball radio station

*Shudders*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

If they replay Dog Chat or Murph's Country Pages then it won't be all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Only caught Tuesday’s show now. Ken at the end with the soiling charge “roll the window down, I think I’m about to win the World Cup” was fantastic. Burst out laughing in the middle of the street cue some very strange looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Jesus the stuff out of Neville's trap is never ending... Self important twat

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Jesus the stuff out of Neville's trap is never ending... Self important twat

My jaw dropped slightly to hear that journo say that she had found him more impressive as the tournament went on. Wasn't comfortable talking about his salary, either. Jumped the fence, baby, to quote Eamo.

Obrieski wrote: »
    Only caught Tuesday’s show now. Ken at the end with the soiling charge “roll the window down, I think I’m about to win the World Cup” was fantastic. Burst out laughing in the middle of the street cue some very strange looks!

Just let a loud laugh out on the dart.. few surprised looks

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Murph was very passionate on the GAA championship structures, and I must say, it’s hard to disagree with what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Two very early pods released in the last two days. They're really living the dream. Finishing up for the weekend on a Wednesday and get to talk about sport for a living.

dulux99 wrote: »
    Two very early pods released in the last two days. They're really living the dream. Finishing up for the weekend on a Wednesday and get to talk about sport for a living.

Delighted for them, given I'm getting at the very least what I paid for, in any event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

If they replay Dog Chat or Murph's Country Pages then it won't be all bad.

Or administrator of the week

corwill wrote: »
    Delighted for them, given I'm getting at the very least what I paid for, in any event.

Oh yeah definitely. My post was praising them not criticising.

Handball has been definitively overtaken by whinging as the third code in the GAA. What'll it be like when Eddie Brennan gets around to getting into it? My ears will be bleeding uncontrollably.

Really hoping for some Nick Krygios chat next week. This is the type of story that's right up their alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

The Office/Phil Neville audiobed is fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The Office/Phil Neville audiobed is fantastic.
    Mark needs to lower the volume of the song, I couldn't hear a lot of the phil quotes. Could be my car stereo though. But great to see Phil Neville getting called out constantly on the show

Cienciano wrote: »
    Mark needs to lower the volume of the song, I couldn't hear a lot of the phil quotes. Could be my car stereo though. But great to see Phil Neville getting called out constantly on the show

nah it's bang on - the levels are fine

it's also hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Slight oddity (to me) in this week's football show. Richie mentioned overhearing discussions of the Women's World Cup "while getting a haircut.":confused: I always assumed guys like him just kept going with the razor up past their ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

SC are the only people who made me have any kind of interest in the womens WC. Decent pod today, I like Richie as a Ken replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Wanting to see Phil Neville fail and having to live with his 'Brendan Rodgers lite' act forever more ignited my interest in the tournament. Plus, in fairness the England/USA match was very exciting and had a great atmosphere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Oluwashina was good on the African Cup of Nations Friday.

No word of the lads filling in on Radio One over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Oluwashina was good on the African Cup of Nations Friday.

No word of the lads filling in on Radio One over the summer.

They tweeted today that they're back on Radio 1 starting this Saturday

Talk about timing :o

Richie's delivery of 'You're a moron' when talking about people being upset about Alex Morgan's celebration was fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

The Phil Neville / Brent audiobed is a corker, had me in stitches

... "while getting a haircut.":confused: I always assumed guys like him just kept going with the razor up past their ears.

Lazy fuppers like me prefer to let a barber sweep up the mess. I have a clippers, but you'd be finding wee hairs all over the place for ages after, no matter how careful I was.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

corwill wrote: »
    Lazy fuppers like me prefer to let a barber sweep up the mess. I have a clippers, but you'd be finding wee hairs all over the place for ages after, no matter how careful I was.

Life hack: Cut your hair while standing in the bath. Sweep up the hairs with a dustpan and brush and wash the remainder down the sink. Problem solved. :cool:

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Life hack: Cut your hair while standing in the bath. Sweep up the hairs with a dustpan and brush and wash the remainder down the sink. Problem solved. :cool:

Oh, I've tried it, still looks like someone slaughtered a family of hedgehogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Talk about timing :o

Richie's delivery of 'You're a moron' when talking about people being upset about Alex Morgan's celebration was fantastic.

I think Richie was making too big a deal about it tbh. I use a good bit of social media and it was the vast minority and pretty much zero football fans had a problem with the tea celebration. You'll always have a tiny minority on twitter looking for a reaction by being a contrarian, but why give them so much airtime? The only person who I saw complain about it was another female footballer, Lianne Sanderson. No England fans seemed to have a problem with it.
    And I think Richie is letting the Americans a way with a bit, especially the Thailand game. Imagine Manchester United against Aldershot Town in the FA cup 3rd round and Alexis Sanchez celebrating united's 10th goal in the same way as Rapinoe. Would Richie be telling people that's a brilliant winning mentality? I think it's being a knobend, man or woman.

I was hoping USA would win the final, mostly because it annoyed a certain section of the USA population, but I can understand why anyone wouldn't support them. And for a guy who was giving out about how women are treated differently to men, he spend about 20 minutes focusing on the gender of the players rather than the actual game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Alex Morgan is DEADLY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement