Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

bren2001 wrote: »
    They did. It was called Off the Ball. They fell out with management and made a few demands and left. Show still runs with new presenters, its still very good imo.

Apart from Parkinson who's unlistenable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Slobbery

bren2001 wrote: »
    They did. It was called Off the Ball. They fell out with management and made a few demands and left. Show still runs with new presenters, its still very good imo.

That wasn't prime time - i am talking drive time radio

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Apart from Parkinson who's unlistenable.
    i'm actually flabbergasted as to how or why he is on the radio. Aside from Laois and Everton , he hasn't a clue about anything else but yet feels he has an opinion on everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

PIORUN wrote: »
    i'm actually flabbergasted as to how or why he is on the radio. Aside from Laois and Everton , he hasn't a clue about anything else but yet feels he has an opinion on everything!

His gormless boob routine also makes otherwise-okay presenters act like complete tools. All that "what's he going to say next?" stuff from Ger and Joe is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Do people dislike Barry Glendenning? I thoroughly enjoy him on Football Weekly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

callaway92 wrote: »

Totally agree. He's brilliant.

His gormless boob routine also makes otherwise-okay presenters act like complete tools. All that "what's he going to say next?" stuff from Ger and Joe is awful.

Totally agree with this too. He has some moderately amusing moments, but it's all fairly cringeworthy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Burst out laughing at the exchange on today's football show:

Ken: "It wasn't so bad back then, after the second game they could..."
    slight pause
    Eoin: (casually) "Go out on the rip-roaring piss?"

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Jesus I love Barry glendenning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

callaway92 wrote: »
    I always felt he was so out of place and they'd constantly throw him in as comedic relief that wasn't funny at all, in spite of how good an Offaly hurling story it is. He's a better Colm Parkinson basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭PIORUN

Denis Hickie just had to get his little dig in at Munster there a the end...good man , up the guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Jesus I love Barry glendenning!

Yeah...always prefer the Guardian podcast when he's on it.

I think he's actually quite an intelligent, informed & articulate journalist who's happy to play the comic relief role on the podcast.

Whereas Parkinson (and to a slightly lesser degree, Murph) are basically barstooling spoofers. Parkinson is just about tolerable when he's talking about GAA but when he starts chipping in on other sports it's really cringey.

Murph has deteroirated too in the last few months imho - his schtick is getting a bit annoying at this stage and his humour is a increasingly laboured and very hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Murph has deteroirated too in the last few months imho - his schtick is getting a bit annoying at this stage and his humour is a increasingly laboured and very hit and miss.

It's not even that he's not especially funny, what annoys me more is that his interruptions derail some potentially interesting discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,026 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Info on new footie podcast up but not podcast itself. Come on lads get the finger out...

It's up now. Isn't it usually 6pm it goes up?

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    It's up now. Isn't it usually 6pm it goes up?

Yes it went up a couple of minutes after I posted actually. I was just being
    AgileBlog-6-20.jpg

Well, they have enough material for a year's worth of musical interludes now with Ken's American accent. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Duffman can never die, only the actors who play him. Oh yeah :pac:

"You get this kind of craic Götterdämmerung to which the Ireland under Jack Charlton team unfortunately succumbed":D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

"You get this kind of craic Götterdämmerung to which the Ireland under Jack Charlton team unfortunately succumbed":D

That was hilarious. The whole Alan McLoughlin interview and the bit after it were excellent. Really good show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Does anyone know the name of the song cut together with the rugby "get the dirty git off" interlude?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Does anyone know the name of the song cut together with the rugby "get the dirty git off" interlude?

It's an Oasis song right? Think it's Columbia...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ChadHogan

Anyone have a you tube clip of the original commentary and incident for the Columbia interlude?

I'd be fascinated to see the incident that provoked such outrage from the commentator?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

ChadHogan wrote: »
    Anyone have a you tube clip of the original commentary and incident for the Columbia interlude?

I'd be fascinated to see the incident that provoked such outrage from the commentator?

http://youtu.be/o58stoJJ5No

1:20, :D

McDevitt on The Works now talking about sports books.

Just mentioned Paul Kimmage there.

I would love it if Kimmage decided to chase Sepp, the b*stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Did McDevitt refer to Tanni Grey-Thompson as an upstanding citizen on yesterday's podcast? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Is it just me or does Eoin sound a bit hyper in the last few podcasts? Like he's overdosing on caffeine or something...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Always better when Eoin is in the presenters chair but I think Mark Horgan is a very worthy stand in. He doesn't grate, has a good sense of humour and asks pertinent questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement