Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I like Murph but I think The Football Show definitely works better without him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I love these two cards from the website:

eoin-mcdevitt-scaled.jpgken_early_scaled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

I hate the bloody Shane Curran jingle!

I've heard it one too many times.....and it w-w-w-w-won't be the last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Who's the lad who thought Fergie threw a hairdryer at Beckam?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Vincent Browne

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

McConville's story about that club championship game was hilarious.

Especially the part about the lad taking the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

McConville's story about that club championship game was hilarious.

Especially the part about the lad taking the phone call.

Gas alright, Got a few looks on the bus when I was listening to this story!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Haha, it is hilarious.

(The Spillane jingle after is good too)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I was sitting in a computer lab in college when I heard it. Could not stop laughing for ages. Completely lost it at the "Two pallets?" part. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Just laughed my way through airport security because of it.

They swabbed my luggage, I don't think it was related. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I enjoyed Ken giving out about Lampard's "conflicted" emotions the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Just laughed my way through airport security because of it.

They swabbed my luggage, I don't think it was related. :-)

Funniest part when Murphy said "two pallets of diesel or whatever"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

I enjoyed Ken giving out about Lampard's "conflicted" emotions the other day.

Yes that was certainly one of his best ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Just settling down to catch up on some unlistened podcasts and there's only 3 available on the Irish Times and Soundcloud. Have they got rid of their archive for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

IT is due to paywall again before the end of the year - sticking the archive behind it might give "added value" to encourage subscriptions?
    Travel and Business podcast archives are intact so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

styron wrote: »
    IT is due to paywall again before the end of the year - sticking the archive behind it might give "added value" to encourage subscriptions?
    Travel and Business podcast archives are intact so far.

Sent them an email and they said it was just a technical hitch. They didn't realise there was a problem. All back now so I'm happy!

I normally tend to agree with Ken but...

I love cheese pizza... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I normally tend to agree with Ken but...

I love cheese pizza... :(

That is a child's repast.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not ashamed to say I burst out laughing at Ken's comparison of Hans Moleman and
    Steven Gerrard in midfield
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭boccy23

I have to say, I could do without Murph except for his GAA contribution. The tripe he was talking about with regard to South African rugby versus Ireland was terrible. He adds very little to anything other than GAA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

I like McDevitt, on tv however he seems a little cringe in his interactions with the audience. Great with interviews, not so much when reading the autocue (its very clear that hes a novice and is concentrating on it something shocking! he often ploughs on with it when the audience are clapping).

But all in all its early days for them but its an enjoyable show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Does anybody on this thread listen to the show via the Stitcher podcast app? Find that the sound quality on the app poor tbh, Think the tinny sound is quite distracting.

I listen through podcast republic, only drawback is it doesn't seem to update new episodes until a few hours or even the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭bren2001

adamski8 wrote: »
    I listen through podcast republic, only drawback is it doesn't seem to update new episodes until a few hours or even the next day.

When you open the app you can manually look for an update by pulling down from the top. Updates at the same time as soundcloud for me.

Apologies if this has been asked a zillion times before, but what is the significance of the "Second Captains" quote from Staunton?

I just barely remember it was a running joke used when they were trying to come up with a Twitter account name.

Is it the disdain Staunton shows to Ken Early's question?

(I've spent way too much time analysing this every time I listen)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

Whats the best app to download their podcast from soundcloud?

bren2001 wrote: »
    When you open the app you can manually look for an update by pulling down from the top. Updates at the same time as soundcloud for me.
    I know that but it doesn't seem to work very often!

Yeah the second captains thing is pretty self explanatory and i don't think its need over analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I use DoggCatcher and it usually updates at around 1-2 and 5-6 on a Monday and Thursday. Not sure how it compares with the Soundcloud upload times.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭otterj

otterj wrote: »
    Whats the best app to download their podcast from soundcloud?

For android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement