Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

xtal191 wrote: »
    They'll probably charge for extra fighters after a month or so

And to be honest, id pay to play as mcgregor, hope he's in the main roster tho and not just dlc.

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrr

ea-sports-ufc-frank-mir.jpg

and Aldo

ea-sports-ufc-jose-aldo.jpg

Lamas

ea-sports-ufc-ricardo-lamas.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So far the fighters look fantastic.
    But they really need to start showing gameplay.

Well today is Spring so they have til the end of april. I read before it will be a mid march release. They will have to show a gameplay vid soon. Maybe if they press give a good review on what they saw, EA might release the gameplay demo earlier.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Spring in America begins March 20/21st - they also stated when they announced the game that it wouldnt be released before the end of March 2014. Hopefully the lack of info doesnt mean its going to be delayed and we start to see some info soon and can hope for a demo some time mid March.

• Advertisement

The press event in Germany has an NDA for the 10th Feb so expect to see some previews next hopefully with the gameplay demo they got to see!

I also read the leg kicks that everyone complained about have been changed.

Cub
    ea-sports-ufc-cub-swanson-01.jpg

Scotty
    ea-sports-scott-jorgensen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Apparently CVG will have a hands on preview up today. Game looks great from that but need to see gameplay fighting!

• Advertisement

Not sure if I like this.
    So first things first: the stick-flicking dynamics of EA MMA - originally ported over from the Fight Night series - have been ditched in favour of the more intuitive buttons-for-limbs dynamic that'll be familiar to players of Tekken and THQ's UFC games.

Otherwise it looks and sounds great. Can't wait to make a 300Ib Heavyweight and have him flying off the cage :D

Gamespots reviewer asked the devs about career mode and if your stats decrease as your fighter gets older.dev said stats don't decrease but your health meter will start to drop. It doesnt depend on age tho, more of the beating you and damage you took through your career. Sounds class. He also confirmed there will be training mini games for development points.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Gamespots reviewer asked the devs about career mode and if your stats decrease as your fighter gets older.dev said stats don't decrease but your health meter will start to drop. It doesnt depend on age tho, more of the beating you and damage you took through your career. Sounds class. He also confirmed there will be training mini games for development points.

I really like that idea.
    Very similar to FN3 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

No TRT exemptions?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    No TRT exemptions?

TRT will be in a DLC pack.

A dev has said there will be 2 gyms (very different from the last games). Your home gym and 1 gym he can't mention yet but in a German preview a dev said the 2nd gym is the TUF gym so looks like TUF will be in in some way or form. Previews look like Pro's will come to your home gym to train and teach you moves.

Taken from the latest trailer, the closest bit of gameplay we have so far

ir3kv5phdatpH.GIF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Taken from the latest trailer, the closest bit of gameplay we have so far

ir3kv5phdatpH.GIF

Don't even look like he connected properly!!

I think Sonnen was already in the crumbling animation so Evans punch in the vid wasn't connecting properly, I mean, was that really the best clip they had to add to the video?

Also, official forums going mental over the pic of Jones performing the Darce choke. Apparently he's holding his wrist instead of his bicep (I don't practice martial arts so I dunno how he is suppose to be holding it :o)

• Advertisement

I think Sonnen was already in the crumbling animation so Evans punch in the vid wasn't connecting properly, I mean, was that really the best clip they had to add to the video?

Also, official forums going mental over the pic of Jones performing the Darce choke. Apparently he's holding his wrist instead of his bicep (I don't practice martial arts so I dunno how he is suppose to be holding it :o)

Yeah he's already falling before both punches are thrown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Getting worried about the lack of game play, like you said is this the best gameplay to add to the video.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I dont recall there every being much gameplay videos before any previous versions - mostly screenshots till the demo came out. Any release date confirmed yet or is it still 'Spring'?

I had read before mid March but the latest preview was from Beta build and all the pics say 'work in progress' I'd say it will be May before we see it. I'm glad they are tweaking stuff and trying to get things right but I would love to see a gameplay fight of what they have at the moment.

The official forums are going mental as well complaining about nearly everything they have been reading about. Auto parry system, takedowns, ground game, sub system, etc.

The official forums are going mental as well complaining about nearly everything they have been reading about. Auto parry system, takedowns, ground game, sub system, etc.

I've been on those FIFA,Fight Night forums and there horrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Is there a link to that thread, or even the pic. Can't find it.
    Basically, you won't finished the choke by grabbing the wrist. It's not a position Jones would end up in. Most likely people are crying about a minor issue though.

The pic is 2 pages back. Its mentioned in a few different threads under general discussion where 'bjj experts' went ape that EA didn't know how to pull off a darce but then someone said that a dev stated the poc is mid animation.

I stopped checking the official forums, the amount of uproar over features that we didn't even have info about, petitions to change stuff we havent even seen, awful stuff. devs must be pissed off reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

This one I assume

image_314725_940.jpg

Yeah, its not a real D'arce choke. Thump should be out, than it needs to be on his bicep. The last bit might seem minor, but the difference in space is huge.

I think the mid-animation excuse is a bit of a cop out. He would really grab his forearm for very long, except maybe setting up. And if that was the case, it would have moved to the bicep before he rolled. Evens wouldn't be half out.

But, it's a minor thing, and it'll be fixed I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Pickett and Cain screenshots

eas-ufc-brad-pickett.jpg

eas-ufc-cain-velasquez-01.jpg

• Advertisement

Mark Hunt

nospring_hunt_15.jpg

Advertisement