Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

very brief glimpse of gameplay here. Loads of people complaining about the leg kicks but from 3 seconds of footage, I can't see the problem.

Pre Alpha Gameplay reveal demo on the 20th August. Sounds like it might look a bit shyte and they want feedback on what they should improve. Release date of the game is Spring 2014 so plenty of time to work on it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    very brief glimpse of gameplay here. Loads of people complaining about the leg kicks but from 3 seconds of footage, I can't see the problem.

From that brief clip, it looked like the stun time was longer than the kick animation, so it would be possible to spam it.

But my god, the lighting in this game is amazing, looks so realistic.

The debut Gameplay of EA UFC will be streamed live from Germany shortly. Can be watched in the link below. EA showcasing their new games.

http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/?sf16271566=1#

It's on now

• Advertisement

Only small bit of gameplay but it looked very impressive, especially the guillotine choke.

Best part though was at the start, they said they have fighters representing (so many different countires) and in the background, there was an Irish flag so hopefully that means McGregor is in, EA Sports won't confirm it for me.

Short gif until youtube vid is released.

ibhkhukyrdNiR9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Is it just me or do those characters look less lifelike than the previous games?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Is it just me or do those characters look less lifelike than the previous games?

The game is 9 months away so those videos aren't finalized renders.
    Preview clips at these things are usually slightly unfinished.

Ronda Rousey announced she is in the game! Excellent addition of female fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Ronda Rousey announced she is in the game! Excellent addition of female fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Some new roster pics.

aNImAUs.jpg
    5Brb39G.jpg
    rAI35ud.jpg
    BuoX1l1.jpg

Costas looks class.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im actually a bit concerned at how little gameplay footage has been shown for this so far.

Yeah, it's due out in a couple of months. Plus the new engine they are using for their sports games doesn't inspire confidence. I hear Fifa 14 next gen is much different and the new NBA Live has been a complete flop.

If it was some random developer i'd be worried, but EA Canada have a decent record with fighting games.

I thought Fight night Champion was great so that fills me with hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yeah, it's due out in a couple of months. Plus the new engine they are using for their sports games doesn't inspire confidence. I hear Fifa 14 next gen is much different and the new NBA Live has been a complete flop.

FIFA 14 next gen is absolutely fantastic and is so much better than the 360/PS3 version. NBA Live was always going to be a disaster.

Incredibly excited for this new UFC game, but have we even got a confirmed release date yet?

I read somewhere its due out march but can see it being pushed back. I'm sure the striking will be class but would love to see a vid showing the ground game. Not sure if id prefer stick or button striking tho.

Also on the official forums, its hinting that there will be story mode as well as career mode like fight night champion. Just as long as you can take McGregor on a title run, i'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I read somewhere its due out march but can see it being pushed back. I'm sure the striking will be class but would love to see a vid showing the ground game. Not sure if id prefer stick or button striking tho.

Also on the official forums, its hinting that there will be story mode as well as career mode like fight night champion. Just as long as you can take McGregor on a title run, i'll be happy.

If they started the career mode by putting you in a fight to get into the Ultimate Fighter house, where you then have to win the Ultimate Fighter and start your UFC career... Then I will throw my money at them.

Also, for those who hate EA and expect in-game purchases, this is much less common in EA Sports games. FIFA, Madden, and NBA only have in-game purchases for additional Ultimate Team packs which you absolutely don't have to buy. I would expect a full active UFC roster, then maybe a legends DLC down the line.

Yeah, one of the biggest request on official forums is to have some form of ultimate fighter in there. Would probably fit best in the story mode where drama and feuds happen in the house and continue in the octagon.

• Advertisement

Two more fighters revealed!.
    Forrest Griffin and Korean Zombie :D

t5HCRSE.jpg
    blVdFV6.jpg

Forest looks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

if you said that was a photo i probably wouldnt have looked twice

More new pics.

XusvPde.jpg
    SZhYTC7.jpg

And Now!!!! :D
    vbgTRy9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pictures look great but mean absolutely nothing until we see them move

New pics!

Z54N6pO.jpg
    2jrLzOU.jpg

New pic!

s2nq5D5.jpg

And Cung Le

cung.jpg

There is a press only event happening tomorrow in Germany where journo's will be shown a gameplay demo and devs will be answering their questions. Hopefully we will see some previews soon. Also, I read McGregor's face was scanned by EA but also they scanned 200 fighters but only making 100 fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

There is a press only event happening tomorrow in Germany where journo's will be shown a gameplay demo and devs will be answering their questions. Hopefully we will see some previews soon. Also, I read McGregor's face was scanned by EA but also they scanned 200 fighters but only making 100 fighters.

They'll probably charge for extra fighters after a month or so

Advertisement