Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAMSAT 2014?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Confused1987

Anyone know if there is FREE student car parking in UCD? Website is unclear as regards this. Thanks

The majority of parking in UCD is free but it is quite confusing if you haven't been there! So if you go in the front gate the car parks in front of you are pay and display but around by Quinn business school or beside engineering is free EXCEPT for the front row, nearest the road!

I would say just make sure to ask anyone walking by before you leave your car, just to be sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Cymini Sectores

ACER might surprise us and release the results Friday week the 16th rather than the late May period explicitly stated on its website.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pharmacrunch

Ive beaten off the nerves for the past few months - didnt even think about the results just focused on work , today however I find myself quite nervous for some reason!

Only a week (hopefully) to go !

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭HopefulGEM

Best of luck with the results guys! Apparently there's a drop in applications this year so hopefully points won't, at least, rise on last year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Johnnybriggs

Ok, so I've heard on good authority (from a colleague in Australia) that ACER are releasing GAMSAT Australia results on Friday May 16th. I think last year Irish ones were released on the Monday, so maybe we'll have results out on Monday 19th May.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hi All.

New to this and want to attempt it next year.

Could anyone give a broad breakdown of the format of the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Academia

Hi All.

New to this and want to attempt it next year.

Could anyone give a broad breakdown of the format of the exam.

Welcome aboard sReq | uTeK! By visiting this forum, you are a step closer to success. There are very useful information about the GAMSAT if you take time to read the threads. A quick google search will tell you the exam is made up of 3 sections: 1) Comprehension passage 2) Essay writing 3) Science. It's a demanding exam to say the least. It will be judicious to attempt a trial run in September in UK, visit gamsat.acer.edu.au for details.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flimoflabo

Hey guys.

Firstly, best of luck in the results to you all.

Secondly, it appears GAMSAT have released the results every third Friday in May for the last three years. Would any of you know what time GAMSAT release the results on (presumably) Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭RainBow_xo

flimoflabo wrote: »
    Hey guys.

Firstly, best of luck in the results to you all.

Secondly, it appears GAMSAT have released the results every third Friday in May for the last three years. Would any of you know what time GAMSAT release the results on (presumably) Friday?

Thank you! Best of luck to you too!
    I think Irish gamsatters receive results in the early hours of Monday morning (the Monday after the Friday), well according to previous years' threads. The Australian candidates seem to be the ones with access on the Friday :) hope that clears it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 flimoflabo

RainBow_xo wrote: »
    Thank you! Best of luck to you too!
    I think Irish gamsatters receive results in the early hours of Monday morning (the Monday after the Friday), well according to previous years' threads. The Australian candidates seem to be the ones with access on the Friday :) hope that clears it up.

Thank you RainBow_xo

I imagine it will be 7am? As that is the time that keeps appearing on threads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

flimoflabo wrote: »
    Thank you RainBow_xo

I imagine it will be 7am? As that is the time that keeps appearing on threads?

HI,

I actually think my results were made available at 2am last year. People had their results at 5 anyway.

HI,

I actually think my results were made available at 2am last year. People had their results at 5 anyway.

2am on the Friday or Monday?

These results need to hurry up and be released, it's actually driving me insane! I know people will say you shouldn't think about it but it is impossible when it is so close and so much rides on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 RD/ID

!

I think last year was Monday but so hard to tell. Why do ACER make everything so uncertain! I'm still setting my alarm for tomorrow morning!

Just to confirm as this is my first time, I presume you get an email from ACER as the result is updated on your profile? I can't sit there all night updating my profile, would lose my mind!!!

Just to confirm as this is my first time, I presume you get an email from ACER as the result is updated on your profile? I can't sit there all night updating my profile, would lose my mind!!!

You do get an email but I'm not sure when. Judging by last year and the year before, results were made available early Monday morning and the email came a little later. I am just going by the thread from 2013 as I'm new to this as well. Have a look though yourself.

I actually think the sadists known as 'ACER' make you fly over to Australia to get them in person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Paddy_mac

Best of luck everyone but since we're scored against each other, I hope you all did terribly😋. I hope I meet some of you next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Academia

Sitting here waiting for this result, I'm just thinking my previous score is sufficient to get a place in September. However ACER hurry up!

I've got the results!!! 61, 65 and 58! Absolutely delighted!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 med65

Well done Johnnybriggs!!
    Anyone else get them? No sign my way...

• Advertisement

No show yet!

I've got nothing.

Results will be out monday folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Someone post the percentile curve when the results come out please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mecci

I've got the results!!! 61, 65 and 58! Absolutely delighted!!! :)

Congrats Johnnybriggs great result ....I take it you're in Australia?

The Aussie results have been up for a good few hours...surely it can't be that much more hassle to just click the button and give us ours?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 person78

Our percentile curve was released yesterday

registration.acer.edu.au/images/results/percentile-curve-ireland-2014.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19 MathsMedMixed

person78 wrote: »
    Our percentile curve was released yesterday

registration.acer.edu.au/images/results/percentile-curve-ireland-2014.png

Interesting curve! It shows that a score for September UK exam has a lower percentile when compared to similar scores this March. I think it means the results this March are poorer than those for September.

No, Im Irish! Has anyone else got results yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

These results need to hurry up and be released, it's actually driving me insane! I know people will say you shouldn't think about it but it is impossible when it is so close and so much rides on it!!

The last 2 years it's been on the monday. Which was really annoying 2 years ago cos they were released in Oz on the friday.

Advertisement