Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

castle2012 wrote: »
    The pirate selection in Dublin has gone very poor .it's a real shame At one stage I could fill the pre set in my car with high powered stations . Phever seems to be the only high powered left . Have to say I'm missing nrg , tonik and the classic dance station rince. Hopefully someone will fill the gap soon
    we are pushing 1,2kw at the moment with a posibile view two increasing the output in the coming days

castle2012 wrote: »
    The pirate selection in Dublin has gone very poor .it's a real shame At one stage I could fill the pre set in my car with high powered stations . Phever seems to be the only high powered left . Have to say I'm missing nrg , tonik and the classic dance station rince. Hopefully someone will fill the gap soon
    we are pushing 1,2kw at the moment with a posibile view two increasing the output in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Read on another thread that there is now a Newstalk transmitter on 106.4, for nw Cork if I remember rightly. Does this mean the end of Caroline and Hazard, or is there anywhere else on the band for them to go? Couldn't Caroline move to 106.7 when its free of temps?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Read on another thread that there is now a Newstalk transmitter on 106.4, for nw Cork if I remember rightly. Does this mean the end of Caroline and Hazard, or is there anywhere else on the band for them to go? Couldn't Caroline move to 106.7 when its free of temps?
    Hazard has plenty of frequencies to move to. Mallow isn't too busy frequency wise. Caroline will have to give up 106.4 but sure Klub's frequency is now free. 107.0 is also doable now in the city as 107.0 and 107.2 aren't allocated to any transmitters near the city. The only ones receivable in the city area being 107.4 Mullaghanish 107.6 Dungarvan and the city TX itself on 107.8.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

easyradio wrote: »

Easy Radio have been off air since yesterday Monday 13th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

EasyRadio stream is offline also - I guess they are doing upgrade work as previously mentioned.

Back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Spirit Radio now on another new transmitter 88.0 FM - from Tralee Co. Kerry area ??

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

Antenna wrote: »
    Spirit Radio now on another new transmitter 88.0 FM - from Tralee Co. Kerry area ??

The Lord will provide.

Whats the story in cork?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Rock Solid wrote: »
    The Lord will provide.

Lord above, seriously. How many transmitters do these guys need? They easily have 4 FM frequency's in Dublin alone. I honestly, do not understand why it is they are even on the FM band. If there was a case for an online station, that is it.

Mass is being relayed on 88.0 from a church - best I can tell is it's West Dublin or North Kildare. It's on right now, kids are practicing for their confirmation.

Heat 99.5 seem to be having issues of late - it's transmitting now, but no audio - just slight noise.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Lord above, seriously. How many transmitters do these guys need? They easily have 4 FM frequency's in Dublin alone. I honestly, do not understand why it is they are even on the FM band. If there was a case for an online station, that is it.

I think it's a plan to fill up the Fm band to stop pirates going on air. They cover more of the country than 4FM.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

TallGlass wrote: »

They have 1 frequency in Dublin, 89.9. They also have 90.1 in Bray and 92.2 in Kildare which both spill into Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

marno21 wrote: »
    They have 1 frequency in Dublin, 89.9. They also have 90.1 in Bray and 92.2 in Kildare which both spill into Dublin.

One might question if the Bray and north Kildare (KFM site) Spirit transmitters could have been put on the SAME frequency considering the geography of north Co. Wicklow in between them, and that the Dublin 89.9 would anyway be covering areas of Co. Dublin that might then be a 'mush zone' of a mixture of the Bray/north Kildare sites.

BTW their 549kHz MW from Co. Monaghan was reportedly off-air for periods of time recently
    see 15/03-2017 under
    http://mediumwave.info/news.html

One might question if the Bray and north Kildare (KFM site) Spirit transmitters could have been put on the SAME frequency considering the geography of north Co. Wicklow in between them, and that the Dublin 89.9 would anyway be covering areas of Co. Dublin that might then be a 'mush zone' of a mixture of the Bray/north Kildare sites.

Would've been a good idea, especially seeing as 90.1 from Bray interferes with reception of BBC Radio 2 from Divis. There's likely more listeners to the R2 feed from Divis than there is to Spirit on 90.1. 4FM's Bray/Saggart relays are both on 94.6
    BTW their 549kHz MW from Co. Monaghan was reportedly off-air for periods of time recently
    see 15/03-2017 under
    http://mediumwave.info/news.html

Anyone know what power the 549 TX is putting out at the minute?

Whatever power its on it certainly isn't covering the nation
    Would've been a good idea, especially seeing as 90.1 from Bray interferes with reception of BBC Radio 2 from Divis. There's likely more listeners to the R2 feed from Divis than there is to Spirit on 90.1. 4FM's Bray/Saggart relays are both on 94.6

less than 5kws apparently.....staggering how many FM outlets they have been allowed

Rhythm 105 audio recordings on Easy from early evening Wednesday - back to Easy programming today.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    less than 5kws apparently.....staggering how many FM outlets they have been allowed
    More to come yet apparently.

More to come yet apparently.

Yet other stations who have expressed an interest in adding relays hit a brick wall.......wonder how Spirits 200kw AM outlet is coming along.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Infoanon wrote: »
    Rhythm 105 audio recordings on Easy from early evening Wednesday - back to Easy programming today.

Normal service has resumed as of this evening. Wonder will we hear rhythm 105 show up for a permanent slot on the vacant 105.2?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 dabfan

RTE Lyric appeared on the "DB Digital Broadcast" DAB Trial on both DAB and DAB+ a number of weeks ago. On in Dublin and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rhythm 92.0fm

hi all

it wont be 105.2 anyways

it wont be 105.2 fm anyways

Really? Depending on the strength of your signal 105.2 would be a lot safer than 92 with spirit from Kildare only 0.2mhz away

Really? Depending on the strength of your signal 105.2 would be a lot safer than 92 with spirit from Kildare only 0.2mhz away
    I have two disagree with the above comment depending where you are coming from in the city 92.0 is useable we had soul city on 2.4kw Erp in Dublin never interfered with spirit they are nass newbridge on the 92.2

• Advertisement

easyradio wrote: »
    I have two disagree with the above comment depending where you are coming from in the city 92.0 is useable we had soul city on 2.4kw Erp in Dublin never interfered with spirit they are nass newbridge on the 92.2

That's true 91.9 or 92.0 are clear across most of Dublin also 102.9, 104.1, 105.3 are clear. Iradio strong on 105.0 in Tallaght and surrounding areas.

Advertisement