Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

All80s on 93.2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

ITV2 wrote: »
    All80s on 93.2

RDS is All 80s and radio text says All80sJukebox.com.

wonder for how long ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭DopeTech

ITV2 wrote: »
    wonder for how long ?

Probably until tomorrow and it'll be back to Easy if it's anything like the 10 other times before this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Won't be home til Thursday so I'll check then. Someone more local may be able to advise.

Listening to Klub now on 87.50. Strong signal in Cork city but no RDS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Listening to Klub now on 87.50. Strong signal in Cork city but no RDS.
    Seems as strong as ever though at the same time, although it defo had RDS earlier. Currently seem to be playing the same few hour Long playlist on a loop

Easy Radio have a message on their Facebook page about the end of their FM transmissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

JDxtra wrote: »
    Easy Radio have a message on their Facebook page about the end of their FM transmissions.

Like what Terminator says;

'I'll be back'.

all silent this afternoon on 93.2

All 80s back now. Did they have a temporary licence before? Odd they would choose this path now.

• Advertisement

All 80s back now. Did they have a temporary licence before? Odd they would choose this path now.

It's just a relay of the online stream afaik.

odd stream to relay.. i'm sure dusty will be happy.........

Is all80sjukebox another one of Enda Caldwells stations? Sounds like he's doing some of the imaging and the website has similarities to the ns90s website.

The web site is done by different people. Haven't heard too much of the All 80s imaging. Would be interested to see if they mention FM at all.

The web site is done by different people. Haven't heard too much of the All 80s imaging. Would be interested to see if they mention FM at all.

Ah ok, just thought they looked a little similar, done in the same kind of style. Then I heard Enda on it and thought this must be his next project after non-stop 90s. Pity they didn't bring noughty! to the fm, that had great potential I thought.

Cork city today
    87.5 Klub FM
    87.8 Vibe FM
    97.6 Cityview probably, old music with no RDS
    104.9 DHR
    No Caroline all afternoon, paying closer attention Vibe's sound quality is very similar to that of Play, a station that was on 87.8 around October last year.

I live in Waterford where as of yet no DAB is available. However the other day I tried to tune in to one of the DAB stations on the offchance that The Cork city transmitter might be receivable. I got no signal from any of them but several UK dab stations were also displayed in the list along with the usual Irish ones, although none of these had any signal either. Note the fact that The names of the stations were coming up in an area where dad is never receivable and yet I have never seen them being displayed in areas where I can pick up dab signals. Can anyone explain this? Surely these UK stations are not part of an Irish multiplex?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I live in Waterford where as of yet no DAB is available. However the other day I tried to tune in to one of the DAB stations on the offchance that The Cork city transmitter might be receivable. I got no signal from any of them but several UK dab stations were also displayed in the list along with the usual Irish ones, although none of these had any signal either. Note the fact that The names of the stations were coming up in an area where dad is never receivable and yet I have never seen them being displayed in areas where I can pick up dab signals. Can anyone explain this? Surely these UK stations are not part of an Irish multiplex?
    Atmospheric conditions allowing very weak reception of a UK multiplex. Not strong enough for audio decoding though. Same can happen with Freeview signals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Al 80s Jukebox now on 93.2 - decent audio but could be better weak signal in places - no real format as of yet (ie random 80s songs at the moment)

• Advertisement

Heat FM in Dublin seem be having transmission issues, audio is cutting/breaking up. The online stream doesn't have the issue - but it is the same song on repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Cork city today
    87.5 Klub FM
    87.8 Vibe FM
    97.6 Cityview probably, old music with no RDS
    104.9 DHR
    No Caroline all afternoon, paying closer attention Vibe's sound quality is very similar to that of Play, a station that was on 87.8 around October last year.

Caroline was on Easter Sunday and Monday on 106.7.

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Caroline was on Easter Sunday and Monday on 106.7.
    Yeah think they only broadcast on weekend and holiday issues

all80's 93.2fm (Dublin) seems to be off air.

Heat FM's stream back to normal now.
    Is Kiss FM still on 105.7fm in Tallaght?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

Kiss Fm on 101.4 last few weekends and some nights.

SoulCity now on 105.2 in Dublin.

There are 2 stations on 105.7 at the moment - one if No.1 FM, have not been able to ID the other - dance music !

SoulCity now on 105.2 in Dublin.

Is this the former 93.2 rig ?

Audio is low - good to hear Soulcity back on

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Is this the former 93.2 rig ?

Audio is low - good to hear Soulcity back on
    When I press the old Easy radio (93.2) preset in my car, SoulCity comes on.

Audio was a little high when it was Easy, I haven't measured it on SoulCity yet. Good to have something new and different on the band.

Advertisement