Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

Hearing Energy AM Dublin on FM , I think its the Cube are relaying Energy from the SDR on www.pirate.ie ???
    Sounds Good .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Infoanon wrote: »
    Scrolling RDS is not allowed in Ireland by the BAI - though it is used widely across Europe. East Coast had scrolling early on but like all the pirates - KIC / Energy where told to switch it off.

Reason is that it can be distracting to drivers, or so they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

SATNAV wrote: »
    Hearing Energy AM Dublin on FM , I think its the Cube are relaying Energy from the SDR on www.pirate.ie ???
    Sounds Good .

Where is this SDR Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Shame pirate.ie doesn’t have an FM SDR. There’s none in Ireland that I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

or even globaltuners. lots of good ones on there but nothing irish unfortunately.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Now fm Dublin 91.6 on a carrier this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Is an online FM SDR possible though? The ones I have seen targeted other parts of the band. I wouldn't mind having a go at setting one up.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Is an online FM SDR possible though? The ones I have seen targeted other parts of the band. I wouldn't mind having a go at setting one up.

Sure. Have a look at Globaltuners

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

pure fm wrote: »
    99.6 who is it could they not move to 99.3 fm right on top of Xmas fm

Yes I have heard it too absolutely crazy thing to do, Xmas fm on 99.5 and radio ???? on 99.6 . I think radio ???? will get a visit from comreg without a shadow of a doubt in the next day or two. Xmas fm getting wiped out coming into Bray

Heard it too needs to go off asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

SWR meter wrote: »
    Think it is a very crazy move i beleive it is from fresh fm the one on 99.5 a bit back he is just bringing the heat down on the rest of us scarey **** with his bold move could he not stay of till at least xmass is over not many more broadcasts left from them then switch bsck on makes perfect sense and very helpful to the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Think it is a very crazy move i beleive it is from fresh fm the one on 99.5 a bit back he is just bringing the heat down on the rest of us scarey **** with his bold move could he not stay of till at least xmass is over not many more broadcasts left from them then switch back on makes perfect sense and very helpful to the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    Yes I have heard it too absolutely crazy thing to do, Xmas fm on 99.5 and radio ???? on 99.6 . I think radio ???? will get a visit from comreg without a shadow of a doubt in the next day or two. Xmas fm getting wiped out coming into Bray

and the difference between soutd Dublin on 93.9 getting wiped out from rte s bray relay on same frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

turbocab wrote: »

and the difference between soutd Dublin on 93.9 getting wiped out from rte s bray relay on same frequency
    Bray is not South Dublin Radios service area.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

93.9 is also Greystones, rather than Bray

Greystones and Dundrum should be sufficiently far apart given that DSFM is a 100W operation and not from a high site.

marno21 wrote: »
    93.9 is also Greystones, rather than Bray

Greystones and Dundrum should be sufficiently far apart given that DSFM is a 100W operation and not from a high site.

Do you not understand that frequency overlapping should never happen even if one station is in North Wicklow and one in South County Dublin also that ridiculous carry on, on 99.6 fm with overlapping that was interfering with a legitimate licensed station on 99.5 fm that also should never happen absolute crazy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Do you not understand that frequency overlapping should never happen even if one station is in North Wicklow and one in South County Dublin also that ridiculous carry on, on 99.6 fm with overlapping that was interfering with a legitimate licensed station on 99.5 fm that also should never happen absolute crazy.
    I understand about frequency overlapping, however there isn't an unlimited amount of frequencies in the Dublin area, and DSFM should be perfectly audible within it's target service area.

Look at 105.0/105.2 between TXFM and iRadio, or 103.1/103.2 between FM104 and Dublin City FM

Hot fm no live shows this week and internet stream has been playing different music

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Hot fm no live shows this week and internet stream has been playing different music

Hopefully the end is near...

Hopefully the end is near...

Think it is TBH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Think it is TBH
    Start to finish it was a disaster.

Think it is TBH

time will tell but i honestly wouldn't bank on it tbh. we have been predicting it's end for months now and it's still here unfortunately.

they have at least 2 streams from what i can find.
    the main one being promoted seems to be from fk's studio and the other from the studio in dublin. the dublin studio comes through both when in use, so i presume fk's server relays the one from the dublin studio during live shows from dublin.
    the smarter thing would be to link the dublin studio to the main server and relay fk's output through the automation, that way there is consistent output on the main online stream and fm all of the time. lots of automation software has some sort of facility to play an internet stream, even the free version of zara.

Is there a major difference between their online and FM content?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Is there a major difference between their online and FM content?

No, their both crap.

they have at least 2 streams from what i can find.
    the main one being promoted seems to be from fk's studio and the other from the studio in dublin. the dublin studio comes through both when in use, so i presume fk's server relays the one from the dublin studio during live shows from dublin.
    the smarter thing would be to link the dublin studio to the main server and relay fk's output through the automation, that way there is consistent output on the main online stream and fm all of the time. lots of automation software has some sort of facility to play an internet stream, even the free version of zara.

Any link for the stream not listed on their site?

Any link for the stream not listed on their site?

http://91.121.178.222:8746/listen.pls

It was shared by one of the Hot djs and on this site a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

All pirates in Dublin off air except hot fm

castle2012 wrote: »
    All pirates in Dublin off air except hot fm

That’s good to know 80% of them play rubbish anyway including hot fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

That’s good to know 80% of them play rubbish anyway including hot fm

That depends on musical taste, which is very subjective. We're lucky to have a few extra operators in addition to the legals - it gives some variety oustide of the mainstream.

Advertisement