Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

msg11 wrote: »
    If I have the time I will do full one

Dublin Pirates

North Dublin 22/04/2013

87.6 POLSKIE (LEGO) WEAK
    88.1 NRG (ENERGY) STRONG
    91.6 EASY91.6 (EASY) STRONG
    93.2 P.D.N (PLAY DANCE NETWORK) STRONG
    99.5 REAL80S (RELAY) WEAK
    107.1 ID RADIO (TONIC RADIO) STRONG

Interesting when you note that almost every pirate in that list is gone (Easy being the exception.) Shows the short life span most pirates have
    Phever is P.D.N. in another guise,
    When you think how many stations have come and gone in that time - Non Stop 90s probably making the biggest impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

tonik play and nrg were good stations tbh. tonik had a good run of it and had a good dj lineup especially in the first few years.
    If only them guys where still around they really how to run a pirate. The ones on now could learn a thing or two

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Infoanon wrote: »
    Phever is P.D.N. in another guise,
    When you think how many stations have come and gone in that time - Non Stop 90s probably making the biggest impact

True to both statements

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

castle2012 wrote: »
    If only them guys where still around they really how to run a pirate. The ones on now could learn a thing or two

NRG Radio was a great station at that time, the majority of the so called radio stations on at this time ( better known as Boom Boom Boom radio ) are just utter rubbish that nobody listens too.

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    castle2012 wrote: »

NRG Radio was a great station at that time, the majority of the so called radio stations on at this time ( better known as Boom Boom Boom radio ) are just utter rubbish that nobody listens too.
    While I like trax. In terms of live stations I Couldn't agree more. It's a pity Nrg never had a close down show . They just disappeared. But definitely the most professional of the pirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,869 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Great station NRG FM, and The Storm before it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Storm in the North East seem to be doing some sort of 80's tribute right now - some 80s music and jingles

kazoo106 wrote: »
    Storm in the North East seem to be doing some sort of 80's tribute right now - some 80s music and jingles

pirate.ie broadcasting December 1988 recordings.

Nope not that - seems to be in house stuff mixed with full 80's music

Oh yeah I know, Storm is broadcasting 80s with Radio Carousel idents/jingles

• Advertisement

Yeah - sounds good, heard some Boyneside and Telstar Jingles too - brings me back - especially with the music

JDxtra wrote: »
    Great station NRG FM, and The Storm before it as well.
    Ah yes the storm Dublin. Another great

Tribute FM is being relayed across Dublin on 93.2 FM. Also relayed from Dundalk on 104.2 FM. Sounding great, well done.

Now also on 101.2 FM in Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

JDxtra wrote: »
    Now also on 101.2 FM in Dublin!

Also on 101.4 now.

Tribute FM on 88.1 now and sounding good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Last night, when driving on the M50 southbound near Lucan, I picked up a station with an RDS displaying "All 80s" which was relaying Energy Power AM. I don't know what frequency that was - would that be the one around the Liffey Valley area on 105.7? If so, that was my first time ever picking it up!

A bit later on that same journey last night, I picked up "Tribute" on 93.2 (RDS of "Easy, i.e. Easy Radio, which had been on the previous day) and 101.2 (RDS of "Memories").

Today around Dundrum / Ballinteer, I picked up "Tribute" (with that RDS) on two FM frequencies. I don't know which ones, but they were coming in very strong. Initially, Energy AM had its own programming on 1395kh AM, but later on the afternoon it too was relaying Tribute.

Initially this afternoon, I picked up a station with RDS of "Tribute", playing the '80s pirates. That must have been on 88.1 FM.

At the same time, there was another station with the same RDS of "Tribute" with a relay of CharityRadio.ie. This was also on Energy (Power) AM on 1395 kh. What I would say was happening there was that some pirate on FM was in fact relaying Energy, which happened to be relaying Charity Radio! This was probably 101.2, as they have been relaying Energy lately. Later this evening, all three frequencies (FM and AM) were playing the same 1980s pirates "Tribute".

Initially this afternoon, I picked up a station with RDS of "Tribute", playing the '80s pirates. That must have been on 88.1 FM.

At the same time, there was another station with the same RDS of "Tribute" with a relay of CharityRadio.ie. This was also on Energy (Power) AM on 1395 kh. What I would say was happening there was that some pirate on FM was in fact relaying Energy, which happened to be relaying Charity Radio! This was probably 101.2, as they have been relaying Energy lately. Later this evening, all three frequencies (FM and AM) were playing the same 1980s pirates "Tribute".

101.4 also on West Dublin, it's great when all operators get together which is happening more often these days.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    101.4 also on West Dublin, it's great when all operators get together which is happening more often these days.

I heard Tribute a short time ago on the following frequencies: 88.1 (RDS Tribute), 92.0 (No RDS), 93.2 (RDS Easy), 101.2 (RDS Tribute) and on 1395 AM. The most consistently heard ones around my area were 88.1, 101.2 and 1395 AM. Along with 101.4, that is a total of 6 frequencies. There has been a lot of cooperation between the oldies-leaning stations since this time last year. A lot of the operators and presenters would know each other and quite often overlap.

• Advertisement

I heard a new station tonight on 105.7 with an RDS of "TheBeach". It was strong around the Stillorgan area. It was playing chilled out jazz funk, for want of a better way of describing it. When I first came upon it, "Test Tx" was being displayed. Did anyone else hear it or does anyone know anything about this station?

Also, I picked up a blank carrier with RDS showing "XMAS". Surely Christmas FM are technically breaking the law if they have not switched off their transmitter, since their 30-day licence finished on the 27th of December. Or could it be that someone else is now on 105.2 and my car radio display is the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I heard a new station tonight on 105.7 with an RDS of "TheBeach". It was strong around the Stillorgan area. It was playing chilled out jazz funk, for want of a better way of describing it. When I first came upon it, "Test Tx" was being displayed. Did anyone else hear it or does anyone know anything about this station?

Also, I picked up a blank carrier with RDS showing "XMAS". Surely Christmas FM are technically breaking the law if they have not switched off their transmitter, since their 30-day licence finished on the 27th of December. Or could it be that someone else is now on 105.2 and my car radio display is the problem?
    Blank carrier is the 99.5 TX - won't cause too much upset

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

ENERGY AM LIVE ALL DAY TODAY ON 1395AM 92.0FM 93.2FM AND 101.2FM ALSO ON SHORTWAVE

paulwilson wrote: »
    ENERGY AM LIVE ALL DAY TODAY ON 1395AM 92.0FM 93.2FM AND 101.2FM ALSO ON SHORTWAVE

I heard Energy AM earlier today on 101.2 FM and 1395 kh AM. It figures that the other frequencies would also be relaying it. It reminds me of Fun Radio from this time last year. One of the presenters mentioned the different frequencies but omitted 92.0 and shortwave - maybe they were not on those at the time. He did thank "the guys at Easy Radio", i.e. 93.2! Is the shortwave frequency Energy's own one? The 101.2 frequency had an RDS of "ENERGY". At one stage, the presenter on Energy actually said Energy FM!

Tribute FM continued on 88.1. I also briefly heard what I presume is "TheBeach" on 105.7 - there was no RDS when I picked it up.

I heard Energy AM earlier today on 101.2 FM and 1395 kh AM. It figures that the other frequencies would also be relaying it. It reminds me of Fun Radio from this time last year. One of the presenters mentioned the different frequencies but omitted 92.0 and shortwave - maybe they were not on those at the time. He did thank "the guys at Easy Radio", i.e. 93.2! Is the shortwave frequency Energy's own one? The 101.2 frequency had an RDS of "ENERGY". At one stage, the presenter on Energy actually said Energy FM!

Tribute FM continued on 88.1. I also briefly heard what I presume is "TheBeach" on 105.7 - there was no RDS when I picked it up.

Also 101.5 Fm

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SATNAV

had a quick look at energy FB page this afternoon and they had a full lineup today , but they said it was a once off , I could also pick them up on SW, I heard Brian Kelly & Paul Murray who are regulars on Energy am today so it must be some tie up like last year with Fun FM.
    Sounded very good on AM & FM, was listening in Town.

Pirate radio predictions for 2019? Mine are:
    Dublin - Hot, Now and Fresh leave the airwaves, the oldies stations become one (maybe)?
    Cork - sprog box 104.9 either goes off air or gets hit

Dublin - Hot, Now and Fresh leave the airwaves, the oldies stations become one (maybe)?

Last year, I predicted that there would be no new dance pirates. I got that wrong, so I will hold off on that! I think Now may be gone already, though. On the oldies front, I can see Energy(AM) having a semi-permanent arrangement on FM, as they seem to have been connected to 101.2 for a while now. I can definitely see more joint-ventures, i.e. joint broadcasts, taking place. Anybody notice that it's not just the music played on these stations that are "oldies"?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Fresh fm and Now fm gone in 2018 so they dont count . Hot fm not sustainable and predict this will be gone too. Something new in the dance space will pop up as always. Cant see anything big happening as anything that costs big money and plays adverts doesnt last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

Whats sprog box 104.9 do you mean Dhr?

Advertisement