Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SWR meter

castle2012 wrote: »
    All pirates in Dublin off air except hot fm

Phever and Trax on now

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sunnyboy10

JDxtra wrote: »
    That depends on musical taste, which is very subjective. We're lucky to have a few extra operators in addition to the legals - it gives some variety oustide of the mainstream.

I understand where your coming from that it’s good to have additions to the legals but please forgive the majority of those pirates that are on the airwaves in Dublin at present just continuesely play material that sounds the same e.g. a drum beat that goes fast and then slows down another words absolute rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Bandscan from today...

87.6 Chill FM
    91.0 Hot FM
    91.6 Now FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Easy
    94.3 Phever
    101.2 Relay of CharityRadio.ie
    105.7 Retro Now
    107.1 Trax

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Have The Cube just been relaying last week or so then?

Have The Cube just been relaying last week or so then?
    Since at least December 5th according to their Facebook page. Haven't checked it too often to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Bandscan from today...

87.6 Chill FM
    91.0 Hot FM
    91.6 Now FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Easy
    94.3 Phever
    105.7 Retro Now
    107.1 Trax

Unbelievably, I picked up most of these at least once on my car radio between last night and this morning between Marlay Park, Ballinteer and Dundrum, and all playing music! The only ones I could not get were Chill FM and Retro Now (those two I never can) and Retro FM. Maybe I will pick up Retro FM later. I just picked up Easy last night near Marlay Park direction and there was a presenter - Paul Wilson, I presume. I also heard Energy Power AM on 1395 kh. All the FM stations had RDS and had good reception.

EDIT: I did hear Retro FM later. In fact, I ended up hearing all of those I mentioned hearing already around Nutgrove and Ballinteer this afternoon. That's 8 pirates (including Energy) in one day, so far. That's the most pirates that I have heard playing music in one day in quite a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

IRADIO on 105.0 and East Coast on 99.9 both off air after the storm.

The Cube relayed Charity Radio until 10pm switching to a relay of All 80s, Energy was also a relaying Charity Radio and reverted to Energy programming after 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

It will be great too hear broadcasts of the 30 year pirate.ie tribute on New years Eve, hopefully some operator's will get together on various frequencys and relay the audio. I think Now Fm are one of the best on air at the moment.

Now fm are having major outages every single day they really need to sort that out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Bandscan from today...

87.6 Chill FM
    91.0 Hot FM
    91.6 Now FM
    92.0 Retro FM
    93.2 Easy
    94.3 Phever
    105.7 Retro Now
    107.1 Trax

Unbelievably, I picked up most of these at least once on my car radio between last night and this morning between Marlay Park, Ballinteer and Dundrum, and all playing music! The only ones I could not get were Chill FM and Retro Now (those two I never can) and Retro FM. Maybe I will pick up Retro FM later. I just picked up Easy last night near Marlay Park direction and there was a presenter - Paul Wilson, I presume. I also heard Energy Power AM on 1395 kh. All the FM stations had RDS and had good reception.

EDIT: I did hear Retro FM later. In fact, I ended up hearing all of those I mentioned hearing already around Nutgrove and Ballinteer this afternoon. That's 8 pirates (including Energy) in one day, so far. That's the most pirates that I have heard playing music in one day in quite a long time!

It was after midnight last Saturday when I briefly heard a station on 87.6 southbound on the M50 between Junction 12 (Firhouse / Ballyboden) and Junction 13 ( Dundrum / Ballinteer), before I was asked to change station! It had no RDS but it must have been Chill FM. So, what I can say is that, within a 24-hour period between Saturday morning and just going into Sunday, I heard 9 different pirates. I really can't remember the last time I managed that!

• Advertisement

Now fm off air a few days. They were all go on Saturday pushing hard for charity donations and then they disappeared. No messages posted online other than happy Christmas. Errr, happy Christmas where are ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

SWR meter wrote:
    Now fm off air a few days. They were all go on Saturday pushing hard for charity donations and then they disappeared. No messages posted online other than happy Christmas. Errr, happy Christmas where are ye?

Now FM are finished, I reckon they should pack up shop and forget about it . They haven't got anywhere in terms of penatration for a number reasons . But the main one, No consistency since day one in there broadcasting ( on/off air the whole time ) .Also for a station covering the whole of Dublin they only have 1600 likes (I think that's the worst I have seen for a pirate on air months ) . But playing chart music when all the legals do this .Where did they think they where going to get Listers from ??

I wonder if the Now FM name has become a problem.

Great catchy name, but Sky own the "Now TV" brand. You may think sure what has that got to do with anything - but just look back at a case from 2013 when Sky successfully challenged Microsoft's use of the "Skydrive" name because it "had caused confusion among the public". Microsoft had to rename their product to OneDrive (see https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-23530337).

Sky/Now TV are very active with promotions in the Irish market at the moment, so you never know - we know they certainly aren't afraid to throw their weight around and get lawyers involved.

Sunnyboy10 wrote: »
    Do you not understand that frequency overlapping should never happen even if one station is in North Wicklow and one in South County Dublin also that ridiculous carry on, on 99.6 fm with overlapping that was interfering with a legitimate licensed station on 99.5 fm that also should never happen absolute crazy.

I hear 99.6 fm back on the airwaves all be it a very poor signal and horrible audio the sounds is like something out of a tin can and the transmitter what can I say a biscuit tin job and again this guy sticking up his two fingers at a legitimate radio station and causing interference to them when is this guy ever going grow up and be a bit more mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Do you not understand that frequency overlapping should never happen even if one station is in North Wicklow and one in South County Dublin also that ridiculous carry on, on 99.6 fm with overlapping that was interfering with a legitimate licensed station on 99.5 fm that also should never happen absolute crazy.

I hear 99.6 fm back on the airwaves all be it a very poor signal and horrible audio the sounds is like something out of a tin can and the transmitter what can I say a biscuit tin job and again this guy sticking up his two fingers at a legitimate radio station and causing interference to them when is this guy ever going grow up and be a bit more mature.
    His name is up on line hopefully some of the pirate s might give him a warning. He is bringing trouble to all pirates

Have Now returned

Have Now returned

Nothing on 91.6 but stream is up

99.6 is still on today

The Fresh fm operator gets what he deserves at this stage not even hard to track down this signal in Sandyford

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is there proof that it is fresh fm behind these transmissions?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

is there proof that it is fresh fm behind these transmissions?

Yes antenna even visible it is known who this is

• Advertisement

SWR meter wrote: »
    Yes antenna even visible it is known who this is

Is it still relaying DanceOne?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fresh dj

No pal fresh fm ain't in sandyford get your facts right before you start talking about fresh fm and anyway if you have a problem get onto comreg

U have a bit of a BIIGIG MOUTH

WITH UR speculation pal get it riright

Stop talking about sunthinkable that's nothing to do with you

FRESHFM IS X WELL AWARE.

OF WHEN IT'S OK TO BE ON OFF ON OFF ON OFF

ZONE AND FOOD FOR TAUGHT

Fresh dj wrote: »
    No pal fresh fm ain't in sandyford get your facts right before you start talking about fresh fm and anyway if you have a problem get onto comreg

FRESHFM IS X WELL AWARE.

ZONE AND FOOD FOR TAUGHT
    I find it very hard to believe what you are now typing on boards at this time basicically all rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Fresh dj wrote: »

FRESHFM IS X WELL AWARE.

ZONE AND FOOD FOR TAUGHT
    STRANGE TO THINK THAT WAS OUT THAT WAY IN MY CAR LOCKED IN VERY STRONG ON MY SCANER RIGHT CLOSE TO THAT ANTENA IF I CAN LOCATE IT THEN IM SURE ANYONE ELSE CAN IN THE NO OF TRANSMITION SIGNALS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jaysis lads, chill the beans.

You know there is a PM button to take things out of public domain.

If someone is idiotic enough to leave a TX online while a licence station is having issues in an area, then they are going to lose there gear if Comreg decide.

Just don't air it for everyone to see online.

Do the mods come in here at all is my question?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Fresh dj

I find it very hard to believe what you are now typing on boards at this time basicically all rubbish

Monday life any. Of you get a real hobby weirdos

Energy AM being relayed on 101.2 over Dublin with RDS as "ENERGY". It's not a relay from studio, it's actually a relay of the AM signal on FM. Not sure I understand why - surely if someone wants the AM sound they would just listen on AM? Anyways, it's there this evening not sure how long it will continue. 101.2 was relaying Charity Radio recently as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Energy AM being relayed on 101.2 over Dublin with RDS as "ENERGY". It's not a relay from studio, it's actually a relay of the AM signal on FM. Not sure I understand why - surely if someone wants the AM sound they would just listen on AM? Anyways, it's there this evening not sure how long it will continue. 101.2 was relaying Charity Radio recently as well.
    Is it possibly a relay of a low quality stream - theres a delay approx 25 seconds between the AM and the FM stream, the high frequencies feel too good for AM and there's a noticeable hum that is not on AM .

As an aside it is possible to relay AM on FM with good enough quality to fool people - Novas last day on air in 86 was all AM sourced.

msg11 wrote: »
    If I have the time I will do full one

Dublin Pirates

North Dublin 22/04/2013

87.6 POLSKIE (LEGO) WEAK
    88.1 NRG (ENERGY) STRONG
    91.6 EASY91.6 (EASY) STRONG
    93.2 P.D.N (PLAY DANCE NETWORK) STRONG
    99.5 REAL80S (RELAY) WEAK
    107.1 ID RADIO (TONIC RADIO) STRONG

Interesting when you note that almost every pirate in that list is gone (Easy being the exception.) Shows the short life span most pirates have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

tonik play and nrg were good stations tbh. tonik had a good run of it and had a good dj lineup especially in the first few years.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement