Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

Ya I havent watched a jot this weekend but had been following scores never expected that from DJ, even when he is off if is usually grinding it out well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone can have a bad day at the office

Rikand wrote: »
    Anyone can have a bad day at the office

Ah ya I know its just DJ has been so super solid for such a long time, except at match play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,626 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nice for C.T. Pan, been up there a few times but blew it up to this. Looked like Lowry at one stage, looked like Pan, then Kuchar then Pan again. It's a tough course, DJ got owned by the course today, Poulter too.

Very early days but Sungjae Im trying to lock up a tour card for his buddy Whee Kim is nice to see :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Louis and Charl are having some nightmare on the first hole, two balls out of bounds. 5th shot off the tee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

I just watched all of Rory's round, back nine ridiculous 31 to finish -5 and one shot ahead of the field right now.
    Great to see Seamus Power off to a good start as well, he's had a couple of good weeks. If he gets in a position where his tour card is safe you'd never know how good he could get with the pressure off.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aurora1966

eagle eye wrote:
    I just watched all of Rory's round, back nine ridiculous 31 to finish -5 and one shot ahead of the field right now. Great to see Seamus Power off to a good start as well, he's had a couple of good weeks. If he gets in a position where his tour card is safe you'd never know how good he could get with the pressure off.

Spot on eagle, Power has huge ability and it will show more when the pressure comes off him for sure. Every round he plays must feel like the back 9 on Sunday in a way. Also Rory has an affinity with the Wells Fargo and the fans love him there. He's always up there, course suits his game.

Rory let a potential great round fall apart with a double bogey and then single bogey over his last two holes.
    Seamus Power is -1 today after four holes for -3 and a tie for tenth.
    I just feel like Jason Day is going to go low today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,082 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

eagle eye wrote: »
    I just feel like Jason Day is going to go Slow today.

FYP.:pac:

How is Dufner who shot 71 yesterday in the last group today and Dahmen who shot 70 in the second last group?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

eagle eye wrote:
    How is Dufner who shot 71 yesterday in the last group today and Dahmen who shot 70 in the second last group?

If they are on the same score, it is based on who put their card in first yesterday. Presumably Dufner did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭Trampas

In same group so who finished first

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Poor bogey from Seamus on 2. Hopefully not the start of a Sunday capitulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

This event is so f###ing slow! Must be at least 20 minutes since Rory finished 6. Only played second into 7 now. If he can make eagle this gets interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Barnaboy wrote:
    This event is so f###ing slow! Must be at least 20 minutes since Rory finished 6. Only played second into 7 now. If he can make eagle this gets interesting.

Even birdie would have helped. His putting is woeful; neither line or pace.

Rory having a bit of a tin cup moment there.

Max Homa was a consistently average to poor on the PGA tour up until today. A fantastic performance in every facet of the game today. Credit where it is due, he could be a new big name to keep an eye on, has been working in his confidence and mental game.
    Really enjoyed watching Joel Dahmen too, I've seen him a couple of times but we got to see a lot of him today and yesterday. He sees like a nice guy, never loses the plot, does some human things when he shaves the hole with a putt and there's the hat.

Edit to add: Very impressed with Homa's caddy too.

Homa played class from start to finish. Deserved winner!

Dahmen was dah man all day. Love a guy that just plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Rory did a Rory

Seamie did a Seamie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Harrington just held his second to go into top 30 after a great finish to his round yesterday.

Power just made birdie to move inside cut mark.

Edit: eagle followed by birdie for Harrington into top 20

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Some round from Kang

• Registered Users Posts: 7,574 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

There's something so hollow about these tournaments where everyone is 15 or 20 under. Hollow isn't the right word but they're missing something when it's this easy.

The rain made it easy for them. This course is normally a lot tougher than that.
    The one thing I took out of that tournament is the improvement in Koepka's putting. It makes a hell out for a difference going into next week, he is my favourite for the PGA Championship.

The rain made it easy for them. This course is normally a lot tougher than that.
    The one thing I took out of that tournament is the improvement in Koepka's putting. It makes a hell out for a difference going into next week, he is my favourite for the PGA Championship.

The rain may day 3 a shoot out but last years score wan't far off.

Its a course with wide open fairways and massive greens it kinda is what it is but defiantly feels quite souless.

Kopeka putted well alright but he was on his favorite surface nexts weeks is bent I think he does gain less on them.

I wouldn't imagine visually(mentally) this would be good prep for next week but these guys are top professionals so it may not matter

Some 4 days from Piercy. not a single drop shot in the 72 holes. first time its happened in 9 years on the PGA tour

The rain may day 3 a shoot out but last years score wan't far off.

Its a course with wide open fairways and massive greens it kinda is what it is but defiantly feels quite souless.

Kopeka putted well alright but he was on his favorite surface nexts weeks is bent I think he does gain less on them.

I wouldn't imagine visually(mentally) this would be good prep for next week but these guys are top professionals so it may not matter

I was wrong about the putting surface its 95% POA (with some bent)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Who will win the PGA at Bethpage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Who will win the PGA at Bethpage?

Brooks, unfortunately.

• Advertisement

HighLine wrote:
    Brooks, unfortunately.

Why say unfortunately? The guy is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't do tantrums, always seems like he wants to win like Tiger.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement