Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Rory playing my golf, into bunker off the tee, second into another fairway bunker and then next into greenside bunker!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Hard to put my finger on it.

But something nice about seeing them in real Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Some low scoring today - hope Peter Lawrie has another good round. What a difference it would make to him to be in the mix at this event.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,818 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Do the greens look strange ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Strange is one way of describing them. Other ways would be patchy, diseased, horrid, like a pitch and putt course etc.

• Advertisement

Yes, slow too but appear to be rolling well, lads leaving putts well short at times on opening stretch...

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

I agree with McGinley - hate seeing Rory trying to play big fades/draws. He seems much better when playing fairly straight shots. Hopefully he figures it out today.

I fear Rory has taken a lot on with 5 in a row, I hope he gets through this and has something left in reserve for the Irish...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

HighLine wrote: »
    The greens are looking very patchy and multicoloured... did the commentators mention if they have a disease?

Imported grass with the native grass trying to come through as well I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nice round of 64 by Graeme Storm today, slightly better than the 78 he shot yesterday tongue.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

What was jiminez saying during interview? Can't understand a word.

Sponsors will be disappointed Rory won't be in for the weekend.

Looks like GMac will make it, just about. And Peter Lawrie will be there too. Great day from Shane Lowry.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭zizou_

vienne86 wrote: »
    Sponsors will be disappointed Rory won't be in for the weekend.

Looks like GMac will make it, just about. And Peter Lawrie will be there too. Great day from Shane Lowry.

Good to see McGrane get in at level par. Bit better than last week when he walked in after 17

zizou_ wrote: »
    Good to see McGrane get in at level par. Bit better than last week when he walked in after 17

He could do with a good week. His season hasn't really got going at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Miguel has just made ANOTHER ace. Some man.

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/602088263629737984

HighLine wrote: »
    Miguel has just made ANOTHER ace. Some man.

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/602088263629737984

A record 10th on the European tour :) 3rd this season!!
    I see Eamonn Darcy in 3rd place with 7!

Tommy Fleetwood has had an albatross on the 4th and Gregory Havret holed out for an eagle 2 on the 8th.

All happening on the front 9 today :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Lowry on a move today. Eagle at the 12th has brought him right in to the mix. Could be line for another big result at Wentworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Dont know if already mentioned, but the state of Tommy Fleetwood's hair ffs

Lowry's career record here is unreal.

2010 - T65th, €9,450
    2011 - T4th, €191,100
    2012 - T68th, €8,775
    2013 - T12th, €70,436
    2014 - 2nd, €527,770

Total of €807,531 pocketed from this event alone. Might take it over the 1 million mark tomorrow :)

Peter Lawrie recovered well from his early bogey and double. I'd love to see him move up tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great round today from Darren clarke, 7 birdies and just the one bogey for a round of 66.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Great round today from Darren clarke, 7 birdies and just the one bogey for a round of 66.

Amazing given Clarke's pure talent that he hasn't had a top 10 on the European Tour since he won the Open in 2011.

Amazing given Clarke's pure talent that he hasn't had a top 10 on the European Tour since he won the Open in 2011.

Often wondered about that. Does he have trouble concentrating or something? He seems very streaky.

What a brutal photo to run with for the winner, Getty as used by the BBC and others!!!

_83202363_an1.jpg

Peter Lawrie picked up €13,750 for his week's work. I know he needs rather more than that, but still a decent enough week for him.

Disappointing end to the Irish Open for Paul McGinley, having to withdraw before his 4th round with a back injury.

Had been in a good position as well in T24th.

So this week we have the Nordea Masters, and Peter Lawrie has got himself into the field - he has done very will getting invites this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

So this week we have the Nordea Masters, and Peter Lawrie has got himself into the field - he has done very will getting invites this year.

Think I heard he's a committee member of some group which helps get him the invites.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

No invite needed this week, he actually got in through Category 20. It will get him into Austria the following week as well.

• Advertisement

No invite needed this week, he actually got in through Category 20. It will get him into Austria the following week as well.

He did reasonably well in the early part of the season, but he could do with a good week now.

Advertisement