Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Only Irish interest this week in S Africa is McGrane, Clarke and Hoey. McGrane on +4 after 14.....seems to be having a sluggish start to his season.

I see Peter Lawrie has another start this week in Madeira. He is getting more starts that I was expecting this season, though I expect that he won't have so many once we get into the better tournaments.

Madeira Open delayed start this morning......this tournament seems to be dogged by weather delays every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Reduced to 54 holes already.

Reduced to 54 holes already.

I seem to remember us discussing this sort of thing last year......the weather seems to be a real problem for this event.

• Advertisement

And still play is suspended in Madeira. This seems to be a bit of a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I would have thought Portugal would have decent weather this time of year!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    I would have thought Portugal would have decent weather this time of year!

It's quite some way from Portugal!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

vienne86 wrote: »
    It's quite some way from Portugal!

Ah yes! Point still stands.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Peter Lawrie in good shape at -1 after 10 holes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

Seems like the weather gods don't like Portuguese golf. Last year's Portugal Masters was reduced to 36 holes. This week's tournament seems likely to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

abff wrote: »
    Seems like the weather gods don't like Portuguese golf. Last year's Portugal Masters was reduced to 36 holes. This week's tournament seems likely to follow suit.

Anyone know what effect that has on the prize fund/world ranking points?

I'm fairly sure that the prize money is reduced by 25%, but full world ranking points apply. Can anyone confirm/refute?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Goldenjohn

I'm fairly sure that the prize money is reduced by 25%, but full world ranking points apply. Can anyone confirm/refute?

Cheers, hOpefully the Irish lads can have a good finish so

Peter Lawrie and Kevin Phelan looking good.

....and another delay in Madeira this morning. Starting at 10 now, apparently.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

has to be more than a joke at this stage...with such deep fields in the US at the minute the Euro tour is pale in comparison anyways

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

....and another delay in Madeira this morning. Starting at 10 now, apparently.

1pm now. Farcical.

On the Wikipedia page for the world rankings, it states that world ranking points are reduced by 25% if the tournament is reduced to 36 or fewer holes. But I think this is incorrect. Alexander Levy got 24 points for winning the Portugal Masters last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

Tournament has been cancelled according to the European tour website

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

On the Wikipedia page for the world rankings, it states that world ranking points are reduced by 25% if the tournament is reduced to 36 or fewer points. But I think this is incorrect. Alexander Levy got 24 points for winning the Portugal Masters last October.

I don't know if it was the case for the PM but ranking points are fixed and given minimum points regardless of fields and length of play from time to time, to promote the game and get tournaments up and going etc.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Tournament has been cancelled according to the European tour website

Poor sods who got themselves there to play - what a waste of time and money.

Poor sods who got themselves there to play - what a waste of time and money.

So no prize money, no world ranking points, nothing?:mad:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So no prize money, no world ranking points, nothing?:mad:

I'd imagine that the level of players who'd be playing there would include quite a lot who could do with a few quid and could have done without shelling out for a trip to Madeira for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

They are looking at rescheduling it later in the year I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

On to Agadir this week.

Peter Lawrie gets in with an invite (again!), also features Hoey, McGrane, Maybin and Phelan.

Kevin Phelan last man in on the entry list, thanks to Gregory Havret having to withdraw after picking up a calf injury playing indoor soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

pistol_75 wrote: »
    They are looking at rescheduling it later in the year I think.

Rescheduled for end of July, same week as Paul Lawrie's new match play event.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭paulos53

4 birdies in 5 holes has moved Kevin Phelan within 1 shot of the lead

EDIT: It was 5 birdies in 6 holes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

paulos53 wrote: »
    4 birdies in 5 holes has moved Kevin Phelan within 1 shot of the lead

Pity shottracker isn't available on European tour - that would be a nice shot tracker and scorecard to see :)

• Advertisement

Very disappointed for Damien McGrane. Having hauled his way back into the top 40 after a poor opening round, he played his last six holes in three over, with bogeys on two of his last three holes (including his 18th) to miss the cut by one shot.

Advertisement