Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭Farmer Ed

jaymla627 wrote: »
    If only it was that easy lakeland won't touch glanbia suppliers even ones with no msa signed, nice gentleman's agreement between the two

Only hope is when gentlemen fall out. Must say I've yet to meet a supplier who switched to Arrabawn who is not happy about having moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was talking to Glanbia rep here recently, he reckons Lakelands solids tests aren't as good as Glanbia's and any dual supplier would say Glanbia are better , can any one comment on that? Is it true?
    What difference does that make to base price, that's up to farmers themselves to improve on?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,241 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mooooo wrote: »
    What difference does that make to base price, that's up to farmers themselves to improve on?
    No he was saying farmers supplying both glanbia and lakelands said that on the same day collection glanbia constituents are higher :confused: I know its up to the farmer to improve their solids. Why would the test results differ on same day collection?

To be fair Id like to see testing being all done independently, but all things being equal. Of course Co Ops in areas that farmers can keep cows at grass for longer
    are always more likely to have higher solids.

boggerman1 wrote: »
    When can I switch to lakelands quickly.glanbia will find some excuse mot to rise for a couple of months.
    Are you in their catchment area?

• Advertisement

No he was saying farmers supplying both glanbia and lakelands said that on the same day collection glanbia constituents are higher :confused: I know its up to the farmer to improve their solids. Why would the test results differ on same day collection?

Did you say he was a "Glanbia" rep?

Farmer Ed wrote: »
    Did you say he was a "Glanbia" rep?
    yes :D thats why I was asking was it true

yes :D thats why I was asking was it true

I guess it must be true so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Ah i get ya know, Surely if that was the case the farmers would have raised the issue? Now if there were odd milkings for one collection and even for the other there may be differences but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

Glanbia increasing milk price by 1 cent.
    This is not a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭mf240

Was talking to Glanbia rep here recently, he reckons Lakelands solids tests aren't as good as Glanbia's and any dual supplier would say Glanbia are better , can any one comment on that? Is it true?

A Gambia rep wouldn't tell lies about another company hardly.

Does that seem likely?

Sure there a great bunch of lads, if anything there disarmingly honest;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Glanbia increasing milk price by 1 cent. This is not a joke.

Good news hopefully rises till spring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Fair play is right. Around here Lakelands used to be known as the poor man's CO-op...
    I was just thinking about Lakelands, would the huge rise in spot prices in England have put pressure on them to up price to secure supply and stop it travelling to England for processing?

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    This is not a joke.
    23cpl including 2 cpl co-op bonus

mf240 wrote: »
    A Gambia rep wouldn't tell lies about another company hardly.

Does that seem likely?

Sure there a great bunch of lads, if anything there disarmingly honest;):rolleyes:
    This was after he asked me had I any interest in the milk flex scheme, I said I am keeping my options open by not signing up to anything. 10 years is too long to sign into an agreement imo

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    This is not a joke.

Poor old ranger will be devastated if milk recovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Hope it keeps rising!!

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Anyhow I'm off to Mercia for the glorious thirteenth...:) I need the break.

Enjoy a ray of hope...everybody needs a ray of hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭blackdog1

pedigree 6 wrote:
    Glanbia increasing milk price by 1 cent. This is not a joke.

Probably be a while before Dairygold follow suit although they have a good incentive to increase with the revolving fund currently suspended

To those that thanked this post...

"Markets can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent"...

Gloat not.

Dawggone wrote: »

Gloat not.

That's nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Hope it keeps rising!!

A rising tide lifts all boats.

Anyhow I'm off to Mercia for the glorious thirteenth...:) I need the break.

Enjoy a ray of hope...everybody needs a ray of hope.

What's the glorious13th about

What's the glorious13th about

12th really, but not starting until 13th!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Gloat not.

There was no malice in it. Rangler has been slightly reveling in his harbinger of disaster role lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Broken hearted i am, 30 years profiteering and you only have to suffer for two years.........just ain't fair.
    I still reckon it's a dead cat bounce........that's a term my accountant used when my AIB shares dropped to 80c and gave a slight rise in 2008
    At least I took his advice and didn't buy them at 80c

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭orm0nd

rangler1 wrote: »
    Broken hearted i am, 30 years profiteering and you only have to suffer for two years.........just ain't fair.
    I still reckon it's a dead cat bounce........that's a term my accountant used when my AIB shares dropped to 80c and gave a slight rise in 2008
    At least I took his advice and didn't buy them at 80c

I think you're safe enough for the time being, this "rebound" will be a very lazy curve,

And here was me thinking that the recovery was all IFA's doing! Keep the recovery going Rangler. Fearlessly on the side of "some" farmers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Any news from Arrrabawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Why oh why does this point scoring crap have to go on. Accept the rise and get on with it. Milk will rise monthly and the turn around will be quick. This is not a demand thing it's a cutback in supply.

For the dooms dayers price will rise quickly and fall quickly and deeply so be prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭rangler1

Why oh why does this point scoring crap have to go on. Accept the rise and get on with it. Milk will rise monthly and the turn around will be quick. This is not a demand thing it's a cutback in supply.

For the dooms dayers price will rise quickly and fall quickly and deeply so be prepared

Milk at 25c/ltr is way better money maker than lamb at €5/kg or grain at €140/ton, so count your blessings

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭OverRide

rangler1 wrote: »
    Milk at 25c/ltr is way better money maker than lamb at €5/kg or grain at €140/ton, so count your blessings

Trouble is,you don't seem to differentiate between money maker and a fair days pay
    No point lauding the former when milk won't do the latter unless you're a processor manager who gets paid and bonused at the farmers expense even when products are selling poorly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement