Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hunger: Sean Kelly's Autobiography Out 31st May

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

mr lee wrote: »
    ok,maybe ignorant wasnt the best way to put it so i'll put it another way,he was verbally abusive to me when i was doin my job,

Youre not a traffic warden,speed cop etc are ya?Post was very vague -maybe best left so -but am certainly curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭fat bloke

mr lee wrote: »
    maybe so fat bloke,could you like or respect someone that would treat you like that

Short answer, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Did he touch your bum on a podium..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

Were you one of his domestiques....?

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

Must have been a majorly difficult job...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Sammy7p

So has the book been released? Amazon is saying

Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Sammy7p wrote: »
    So has the book been released? Amazon is saying

Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

he mentioned on Eurosport a while back that he wasn't sure of the release date but that it would most likely be in July, to coincide with the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazermc wrote: »
    The cover photo on the book is fantastic - post Paris Roubaix I am guessing
    swan_kelly_3_zps90710c85.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

I'll never understand how Irish people so easily forgive cheaters/corrupt people. I wonder if he'll even mention the positive drug tests: as said above, he's still embedded in professional cycling so probably wouldn't want to ruffle any feathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

swan_kelly_3_zps90710c85.jpg
    I doubt it's Paris-Roubaix, the background doesn't look very PR like, probably a montain stage from one of the grand tours, he did win the green jersey a few times on the TdF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I doubt it's Paris-Roubaix, the background doesn't look very PR like, probably a montain stage from one of the grand tours, he did win the green jersey a few times on the TdF.
    I think bazermc may have been referring to the picture in the OP's link which features Kelly with a muddy face and I think was used as a publicity shot for the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RyanAndrew

June 17 | Hardback | ebook | 320 pages | £18.99
    Foreword by Bradley Wiggins, 2012 Tour de France winner
    Epilogue by Robert Millar, 1984 Tour king of the mountains
    Add to basket
    Free delivery to UK addresses. Please note, this book will be published around June 17.

http://pelotonpublishing.co.uk/sean-kelly-autobiography/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Anyone reading it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

If it doesnt cover his cheating its not worth reading for me. If he`s going to gloss over that its hard for me to believe anything else hes got to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

My guess is that it's on his way to winning stage 12 at the 1982 Tour de France. He was riding for Sem-France Loire and that is a green version of their jersey. No real reason to think that it's stage 12 other than that's the mountain stage he won so it makes sense.

Skip to 34min to see the final few k of the stage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSz75KxE5nY

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pierredieterle

Sean Kelly fans, I invite you to visit the website about my uncle Jean de Gribaldy, with lots of rare Sean pics... :)

www.jeandegribaldy.com

jean%20de%20gribaldy%20sean%20kelly%20super%20prestige%20pernod.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

happytramp wrote: »
    My guess is that it's on his way to winning stage 12 at the 1982 Tour de France. He was riding for Sem-France Loire and that is a green version of their jersey. No real reason to think that it's stage 12 other than that's the mountain stage he won so it makes sense.

Skip to 34min to see the final few k of the stage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSz75KxE5nY

The 'feet' and 'miles' are very off putting - what is 5246feet in meters? :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭happytramp

Sean Kelly fans, I invite you to visit the website about my uncle Jean de Gribaldy, with lots of rare Sean pics... :)

www.jeandegribaldy.com

It's a great site alright. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭theholyghost

What has become of this book? No reviews online or on Amazon, no sign of it in my local bookshop. Maybe Sean isn't free to push it until after the Tour.

Has anyone picked up a copy?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

What has become of this book? No reviews online or on Amazon, no sign of it in my local bookshop. Maybe Sean isn't free to push it until after the Tour.

It's in the book shops and I'm half way through it.
    Well written and offering a lot of insights.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Same, I bought it in the local book shop and enjoying it. Not life-changing but perfectly enjoyable so far. Very down to Earth, no motivational BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

Easons have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Is it a warts and all account of things during his time or are some parts just glossed over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Got it in Waterstones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Is it a warts and all account of things during his time or are some parts just glossed over?

Lots of gloss apparantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'm three quarters of the way through. Nothing is particularly in depth but it reads easily and reads well. Most interesting of all for me is the ongoing narrative about his relationship with Roche. A warts and all Tyler Hamilton book it's not, there are no flies close to going in any soup at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's ok, written in a no nonsense matter of fact style..as you'd expect.
    I just finished 'Domestique' by Charly Wegelius (sp?) and found that a much more interesting and engaging read.
    Gives a great insight to what it's like in the 'middle' of the peloton and the day to day workings of pro teams.
    Highly recommended

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

furiousox wrote: »
    I just finished 'Domestique' by Charly Wegelius ...........Highly recommended

I've also heard exactly that from two other people today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

brayblue24 wrote: »
    I've also heard exactly that from two other people today

I'll be a third to recommend it -it's one of the best biogs I've read in a good while -very frank and well worth a few quid!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i've been looking for it for awhile. not available on amazon or my local easons

Advertisement