Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Bombing

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

If you're in court on a murder charge ,would you be happy to accept a long sentence because your defence didn't prove you didn't do it even though the prosecution just sat there and offered no case beyond "that guy did it"? Or would you like them to actually prove you did it?

Are we in court?

Surely releasing the full, unedited, video would conclusively show what the guy was doing and can only strengthen the case that something was amiss? Strange that people seeking truth wouldn't release all the truth, no?

It's almost like they are withholding information and just showing you what they want you to see. But that cant be true, because that's what the authorities do to fool the people and they're the opposite to that.

Where can you get the video?

Why do you believe they are in the correct order? Why not show the WHOLE video as evidence instead of snapshots?

I don't have the video. Why wouldn't I believe it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,486 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

noway12345 wrote: »
    Where can you get the video?

You're the one quoting the video as fact, Maybe you should contact the guy who uploaded his "evidence" and ask him for the full video?

he didnt say they are in an incorrect order. he questioned whether they are. there is a difference. as it is just a series of stills it is impossible to say one way or another that they are in the correct order. that makes it impossible to draw any conclusions from what is shown. you say that others have made their mind up already but they are the only ones asking questions. you have just accepted what has been spoonfed to you.

You made up your mind before you saw the video!!!! Stop being dishonest. I'm just looking for answers that the video raises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,354 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

why would you believe it? unless you had already made up your mind before viewing and believe it because it reinforces a conclusion you had already come to.

I could take a video of a man walking down the street and in that video a woman falls over as he passes. I could easily edit that video and show only selected frames that prove (in your eyes) that the man viciously attacked her. Would that be evidence of assault in your eyes?

You made up your mind before you saw the video!!!! Stop being dishonest. I'm just looking for answers that the video raises.

i'm just asking questions. before you look for answers you need to ask questions. you havent done that. you've taken the 'video' and the voiceover at face value.

You're the one quoting the video as fact, Maybe you should contact the guy who uploaded his "evidence" and ask him for the full video?

I'm just saying what we see on the video. It's you and others who're saying that it says something different.

I'm just saying what we see on the video. It's you and others who're saying that it says something different.

But we are only seeing snapshots of the video with a guy TELLING us that this is what has happened, we only have HIS word for it.

• Advertisement

but its not a video. if you had linked to a video then it would be taken more seriously.

why would you believe it? unless you had already made up your mind before viewing and believe it because it reinforces a conclusion you had already come to.

I'd believe it because it shows a man running by his wife, running around in circles, talking to other people, dropping an unidentified object, all the while his wife is lying injured just beside him.

I'd believe it because it shows a man running by his wife, running around in circles, talking to other people, dropping an unidentified object, all the while his wife is lying injured just beside him.

it doesnt show any of those things.

I could take a video of a man walking down the street and in that video a woman falls over as he passes. I could easily edit that video and show only selected frames that prove (in your eyes) that the man viciously attacked her. Would that be evidence of assault in your eyes?

There's no way of editing that. You'd have to show him hitting her. In this video it shows him ignoring his wife!

i'm just asking questions. before you look for answers you need to ask questions. you havent done that. you've taken the 'video' and the voiceover at face value.

I have asked questions. Why would he run past his wife? Why ignore her while talking to other people?

But we are only seeing snapshots of the video with a guy TELLING us that this is what has happened, we only have HIS word for it.

We see him ignoring his wife.

but its not a video. if you had linked to a video then it would be taken more seriously.

I don't have the video but we have a video of the pictures.

I have asked questions. Why would he run past his wife? Why ignore her while talking to other people?

Ok

Let's take this slowly

You say he runs past her and ignores her?

Where is your evidence for this?

Bear in mind that a few pictures is not evidence without the FULL video that shows this.

it doesnt show any of those things.

Look at the video again then.

We see him ignoring his wife.

No you don't because you have NO idea of exactly where in the video that the picture is taken from.

• Advertisement

Ok

Let's take this slowly

You say he runs past her and ignores her?

Where is your evidence for this?

Bear in mind that a few pictures is not evidence without the FULL video that shows this.

Look at the video, it clearly shows him running past her.

see. you have assumed that he ran past his wife. did you see him running past his wife? or did you see stills where he approached his wife and another still where he is past his wife and nothing to show what happened in between or even if the events occurred in that order. you have just assumed all that because morondrone told you. go and find a primary source video of the event (there must be hundreds of them available) and take a look yourself at what actually happened.

No you don't because you have NO idea of exactly where in the video that the picture is taken from.

Why doubt the video?

Look at the video, it clearly shows him running past her.

No it doesn't!

Why doubt the video?

Why believe it?

see. you have assumed that he ran past his wife. did you see him running past his wife? or did you see stills where he approached his wife and another still where he is past his wife and nothing to show what happened in between or even if the events occurred in that order. you have just assumed all that because morondrone told you. go and find a primary source video of the event (there must be hundreds of them available) and take a look yourself at what actually happened.

We need to find the video to know for sure but I have no reason to believe that the pictures are edited to make it look like he's ignoring her. For some reason you and the others do.

Why believe it?

There's no reason not to.

There's no reason not to.

Of course there is

As i said already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Please read the forum charter, specifically on beliefs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

We need to find the video to know for sure but I have no reason to believe that the pictures are edited to make it look like he's ignoring her. For some reason you and the others do.

If the video was made and released by the government you would though. It'd be the same video.

Why do you assume the person is telling you the truth when they are witholding evidence? If the authorities did the same you'd say it was proof they are lying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement