Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Bombing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

This is audio of a podcast released 31/03/2013 which predicts some kind of event to be staged within a couple of weeks.

I've only just heard news of the bombing, but immediately thought of hearing this.

beans wrote: »
    This is audio of a podcast released 31/03/2013 which predicts some kind of event to be staged within a couple of weeks.

I've only just heard news of the bombing, but immediately thought of hearing this.

He says 2 weeks not a couple of weeks, he says Austin, not Boston.

Every day thousands of conspiracy theorists babble on about impending false flags and other such nonsense on message boards, podcasts etc...taking all of this into account his prophecy is a tad underwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

ya know guys, if ye think its so distasteful

see that red x in the corner?

HIT IT

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Have a look through this forum. People claim that there is going to be some kind of event to be staged within a couple of weeks all the time.
    They never come to pass, but say it repeatedly enough times for long enough and eventually something will happen in that time frame.
    And again as will all tragedies some people will find stuff that they believe shows it's a false flag, so you can claim any event is staged.

The question is why, if this guy had access to any information about the attack or the upcoming attack, did he not provide any details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

4 - Nobody thinks it's funny.

Yusss! Conspiracy theories are serious business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

PHIDIAS wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS: Police will have controlled explosion on 600 block on Boylston Street Alert posted at 12:53pm
    https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886829596205056

Officials: There will be a controlled explosion opposite the library within one minute as part of bomb squad activities. Alert posted at 12:53pm
    https://twitter.com/BostonGlobe/status/323886879453892609
    Were these for the two other devices that they found?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

King Mob wrote: »
    Have a look through this forum. People claim that there is going to be some kind of event to be staged within a couple of weeks all the time.
    They never come to pass, but say it repeatedly enough times for long enough and eventually something will happen in that time frame.
    And again as will all tragedies some people will find stuff that they believe shows it's a false flag, so you can claim any event is staged.

The question is why, if this guy had access to any information about the attack or the upcoming attack, did he not provide any details?

Stopped clock, and all that. I know. If nothing else, its an interesting coincidence.

The contention was that something would be staged in the US, not specific to Texas, in reaction to the damp squib that the NK scare would prove to be, to keep panic levels up for whatever reason. Now I'm not glad about this, nor saying that the call was anything other than a chance occurrence, but thought it was suitable to a CT thread on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,382 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A few posts deleted and posters infracted/banned.

This is from the Forum Charter:
    The very nature of a conspiracy theory means that it will be unpalatable to some. Individuals, Corporations, Interest Groups, and collectives of all sorts will inevitably be suspected (and accused) of involvement in any manner of activities.

This forum is for the discussion of Conspiracy Theories. If anyone has a problem with people discussing conspiracy theories about a breaking event, I would suggest you simply do not post. Report any posts you feel requires the attention of a moderator, or simply don't read the thread at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Both horrible tragedies, but western world media will only give a fcuk about one of them.

Correction, we only give a fcuk about one of them.

I don't see a 3 page thread calling the attacks in Iraq this week or last a false flag, never saw anything on the snooker hall blasts in Quetta.

The contention was that something would be staged in the US, not specific to Texas, in reaction to the damp squib that the NK scare would prove to be, to keep panic levels up for whatever reason.
    Just like the damp squib that the fake shootings would result in guns being banned.
    Or before that where a sikh temple shooting would result in whatever.
    Or the various other terrorist plots that have come and pass.
    Or the various health scares.

Whenever one crisis passes without the NWO etc launching their evil plot, conspiracy theory writers just go back to random prediction mode until then next event, which will pass and the cycle continues.
    Sometimes the people claiming stuff about the previous event are decried as "dis-info agents".

I'm not sure why you find the clip interesting or worthy of reposting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

If it was a "Patriot" pro-gun types that carried out the attacks this will be a coincidence. This is the front cover of this weeks magazine from Boston's biggest newspaper. http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/2013/04/14

mag0414gunsA7.jpg

Yeah i doubt you will see her in the vicinity of a running event ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Correction, we only give a fcuk about one of them.

I don't see a 3 page thread calling the attacks in Iraq this week or last a false flag, never saw anything on the snooker hall blasts in Quetta.

+1

The obsession with events involving the US is much stronger in Conspiracy Theory forums and discussion boards than it is in the "mainstream media" (whatever that is) of "the Western world" (is this geographic or political shorthand?) where stories extend beyond the US and its political allies and interests.

Also, there were quite a few people from Boards who had trained for the past few months, and years, to be in Boston yesterday at the marathon. Many people will have known others who were there or who had ran Boston - it's not unusual or sinister that this will be discussed more than tragedies in countries where fewer people from Ireland visit or have experience of.

Sacksian wrote: »
    +1

The obsession with events involving the US is much stronger in Conspiracy Theory forums and discussion boards than it is in the "mainstream media" (whatever that is) of "the Western world" (is this geographic or political shorthand?) where stories extend beyond the US and its political allies and interests.

Also, there were quite a few people from Boards who had trained for the past few months, and years, to be in Boston yesterday at the marathon. Many people will have known others who were there or who had ran Boston - it's not unusual or sinister that this will be discussed more than tragedies in countries where fewer people from Ireland visit or have experience of.
    And yet still:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22149863
    The story was the 3rd on the most read (and 4th on the most shared )list right under the Boston stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Its funny how adult cartoons reference these events before they happen. Remember the Simpsons and 911?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

American Government need to catch someone for this. And they very soon will. But will it be the right person, or just a person that fits the profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Allan Blandford

The bomb squad were doing training exercises at the beginning of the race.
    Maybe they used live bombs by mistake!

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

weisses wrote: »
    Yeah i doubt you will see her in the vicinity of a running event ;)

Camera adds 10 pounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Camera adds 10 pounds!
    how many cameras did they use :D

was there an unexploded bomb found at the scene, there already seem to be contradictory reports.

it dosent seem to have been a suicide bomber, but the design of the devices seemsfrom accounts to be fairly generic.

my money's on domestic nutter at the moment

seanmacc wrote: »
    Its funny how adult cartoons reference these events before they happen. Remember the Simpsons and 911?

Eh, what? There's been over 200 episodes of Family Guy and it's set in New England. When a city is almost destroyed because of someone having a fight with a chicken I think it'd be fair to say that it was an odd coincidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Eh, what? There's been over 200 episodes of Family Guy and it's set in New England. When a city is almost destroyed because of someone having a fight with a chicken I think it'd be fair to say that it was an odd coincidence.

The odd coincidence thing is that the episode in question only aired for the first time less than a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Ludo wrote: »
    The odd coincidence thing is that the episode in question only aired for the first time less than a month ago.
    So they finally mentioned the most famous annual event in Boston in a series that is set in New England, only a month or so before a bombing at the event?

Can you suggest a mechanism for this if it wasn't a coincidence?

Anynama141 wrote: »
    So they finally mentioned the most famous annual event in Boston in a series that is set in New England, only a month or so before a bombing at the event?

Mechanism? Not sure what you mean,...but anyway...no...because it was a coincidence.

Mechanism? Not sure what you mean,...but anyway...no...because it was a coincidence.
    That seems to be pretty likely. :)

That seems to be pretty likely. :)

So you think the writers of a tv show knew this was coming and wrote it into their script? OK ...I love conspiracy theories as much as the next guy but come on :eek:

So you think the writers of a tv show knew this was coming and wrote it into their script? OK ...I love conspiracy theories as much as the next guy but come on :eek:
    The coincidence seems likely.

gotcha ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Did I miss a bomb in that clip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'm surprised so few people were killed. Not that that makes it any less reprehensible, but its just a small mercy that I suppose we can be thankful for. God bless all those who were caught up in these bomb blasts.

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    Did I miss a bomb in that clip?
    The bomb was hidden, I guess...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement