Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70

Options
1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd be on to them regularly . We deal direct with them.
    We are installing a good few most weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

Been using the HKC stuff for last few years and in fairness you put it in and forget about them. Had look at the Visonic stuff with the remote wireless RKP and imo its a bit off from using it yet. GSD stuff looks decent, have to try one i suppose. Can the app be used via their GSM Unit or is it only over the LAN and WIFI card..?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

App is via wired Lan card or WiFi card. They are celebrating their 10 th birthday this week. Must be doing a fair bit of businesses to be around that length.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Pauley2

Hello KoolKid,

I've been waiting to upgrade a (very) old key operated hardwired system and was holding off for a WiFi connection, Hybrid (so I can use the old sensor circuits but add new wireless smokes etc) AND a free app (with no subscription fees) to get remote notifications, silence alarms etc. through the internet. Remote configuration would also be a plus. I was very close to getting a HKC but having to commit to them "forever" for a monthly fee (which could always go up) and then pay for the apps on top of that put me off.

This GSD i70 - and GSD i7/i70 seem to fit the bill perfectly.. I was about to make the jump but you mentioned something about a new model about to come out that separates the keyboard from the panel - which would suit me better in my retrofit situation...

Is there anything else you can tell us about this (or pm me) - or have any idea of an ETA?

Thanks in advance!

All I can tell you at the moment is it is in testing. It will have 10 on board wired zones & will be able to take up to 70 wireless zones.
    I don't have a time frame for release. At a guess I'd say a few months.
    There is, however, a way of retrofitting the i7-70 using a separate power supply to house the expander(s)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

I'll send you a PM on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ocy

Have a god i70. Just got a new modem' do I need to get an installer out to get alarm to recognise, as the app in not working now

If you have the WiFi card just change the WiFi name and password to match the previous one and it will reconnect.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 volker81k

Does the i70 have any connection by default like IP or GSM?
    I assume other comm modules can be added.

• Advertisement

It has an on board PSTN ARC or Voice Dialler.
    Everything else is add on cards.

Advertisement