Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Is this the vista 5 ? I used this once and I think it's still going strong

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Aritech CD range is obsolete now, so is the Vista 5.
    Anyway the i70 like Siemens & many other newer systems uses a very simple menu navigation system.

I'd say that has its limitations . Elderly and people suffering from sight loss... May give it a shot

They may be obsolete but in fairness they'll probably outlast all these newer systems since there not that complicated.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say that has its limitations . Elderly and people suffering from sight loss... May give it a shot
    That's where the large screen display comes in handy. Not to mention key fobs & phone apps.
    They may be obsolete but in fairness they'll probably outlast all these newer systems since there not that complicated.
    By that logic we would all still be carrying around our old 088 mobile bricks...
    I actually love the amount of people in this business who hate change. The amount of Siemens systems I sell simply because the 5 other quotes the customer got were from people insisting they should have an older panel..:eek:
    Lets have more of them I say...;)

How would they be of use to a blind person .a keyfob wont let them know which zone tripped ;). Ah I'm not aiming that at just alarms ,, technology in general ,
    Everything's designed to be disposable
    Inertia sensors for example ;)

• Advertisement

A blind person could get text alerts which are read out.
    A pace or wireless key fob would make it easier to set & unset a system .
    Obviousally everything is disposable, noting lasts forever.
    Why do you single out inertia's? Have you never come across the big old Sharp ones. Ive plenty of them still performing perfectly 20 years on.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

KoolKid wrote: »
    Sent you a PM..;)

Can I have the price list as well? Thanks

PMed you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

As far as I can gather the new hkc lan card can be used to arm/disarm and to access logs over the internet but it will not notify the user of alarm activations. This means they would have to also purchase a dtv or gsm for self monitoring. wtf?

The lan card will have push to mobile so it will be able to notify end users of alarm activation's.
    A must for any app for self monitoring a system.
    No need to purchase any other equipment unless you require another form of monitoring.

altor wrote: »
    The lan card will have push to mobile so it will be able to notify end users of alarm activation's.
    A must for any app for self monitoring a system.
    No need to purchase any other equipment unless you require another form of monitoring.

Any clarification on whether HKC are going to charge for IP access or not?
    Free connection is a must for any panel with IP access.

• Advertisement

Dont think they are as far as I know..

altor wrote: »
    Dont think they are as far as I know..

It seems a very strange way to go if they do decide to charge. But I find it very odd that they won't give a straight answer.

Self monitoring over IP has not being released as yet.
    I am sure they will give us a straight answer when it is.

They seemed unsure about any connection over IP or whether there was even a browser on the panel to allow direct access.
    Still very up in the air unfortunately.
    Once you have IP connectivity everything should be available.

For end users it is not finalized.
    Engineers will have access to the panel over IP and smartlink 700.

Back to the waiting game again so.....:(

Sure the wait will be worth it when it is released :D

If you hear it for long enough...................................
    Hand up to GSD. They learn't from their mistakes & came back with a proper launch with working parts.

If you hear it for long enough...................................
    Hand up to GSD. They learn't from their mistakes & came back with a proper launch with working parts.

Nearly all working parts :rolleyes:
    You know what I mean hahaha

Few features like the voice library when using PSTN, keyfobs, wire free keypads, option to add a wired keypad either. Wire free external bell would be a good add on to the system.

Apps not out yet either...

I prefer the opposite, the options to add wired bell as standard. Most at the training agreed a wired bell is preferable. The apps are finished I have seen them working. They are just waiting on approval via App Store and Play Store.
    That doesn't prevent you installing them on a phone etc...

• Advertisement

What are the apps called :/

No idea TBH...
    Just give me the APK file for Android & off I go...;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

i would not use wireless unless you have to

if you do screw the sensors up dont stick them,when getting insurance you have to declare it was put in my licenced installer

i would not use wireless unless you have to

if you do screw the sensors up dont stick them,when getting insurance you have to declare it was put in my licenced installer

You can declare a system was self installed & let them decide what discount you get. Just make sure its clear on your insurance documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AWSG

Hi can you pm me a pricelist too? Like the look of gsd and its good to break the monopoly hkc have had, competition is good!!!!

Has anyone installed one of these units yet, if so any reports?

I know one or 2 people who have.
    There is a date of the 1st July for the apps etc to be fully available.
    Holding out till then at this stage.

I know one or 2 people who have.
    There is a date of the 1st July for the apps etc to be fully available.
    Holding out till then at this stage.

Any issues?

I know of one issue with a receiver , I think.
    But heard they were very helpful coming out on site to fix.

• Advertisement

Be interesting to see if there are any other issues. Keep us informed :)

Advertisement