Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Why would you wan't to send text commands if you have a data connection??
    But yes, that would be possible in lots of ways also,
    I think you are getting yourself a little bogged down with GPRS because HKC don't have IP and you wish to sell customers a subscription charges.
    I can't think of any other reason why you would be asking questions any experienced installer should know the answers to.:confused:
    I have been doing IP panels for years now. I have never had one single attack on any sites IP connection. If there is an issues that a customer feels they may be vulnerable or their connection may go down at the same time as a break in, or want extra security then any path can be backed up multiple times. There are 100s of ways to do this using any type of comms you wish. You are in the industry, you should know how to do this with out asking all the silly questions.

With texts commands you will receive a text anywhere in the world regardless of a data connection to your panel. IP can go down, power can be off, cables can be cut, your coverage on your phone may also be down. There are plenty of reasons but I am sure you are aware of these.

Text command can be used as a back up. If you are away and have data switched off on your phone you wont receive any notification through you app or by email so as silly as it may sound to you other people here may find it informative!!!

These are growing concerns and hence the use of multi paths to a system.
    Its not about selling anything. Its about offering whats available.

You say there are plenty of ways to do it very cheaply but how much does it cost to do it cheaply?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Amazing how quick you are to point out the vulnerability of IP. As I have said I have yet to see one attack on this path.
    As you are well aware text can also be affected by numerous factors.
    Message stuck in a busy message centre.
    Slow communication waiting for texts and confirmation texts. GSM can be blocked, this is a major vulnerability with using gprs. But as an experienced installer I'm sure you know all this.
    Re pricing information on Sims.... Follow your own advice and shop around. I have some pricing agreements in place. But that would be commercially sensitive information that I would not be comfortable posting on a public forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marge2006

What companies use these GSD panels ? I have rang a few in my area and they use either hkc or Aritech. I live in Laois.

marge2006 wrote: »
    What companies use these GSD panels ? I have rang a few in my area and they use either hkc or Aritech. I live in Laois.

If you ring GSD direct they will tell you.

Amazing how quick you are to point out the vulnerability of IP. As I have said I have yet to see one attack on this path.
    As you are well aware text can also be affected by numerous factors.
    Message stuck in a busy message centre.
    Slow communication waiting for texts and confirmation texts. GSM can be blocked, this is a major vulnerability with using gprs. But as an experienced installer I'm sure you know all this.
    Re pricing information on Sims.... Follow your own advice and shop around. I have some pricing agreements in place. But that would be commercially sensitive information that I would not be comfortable posting on a public forum.

All paths are vulnerable to an attack be that from human error, plugging out a modem or a cable being cut to numerous other activity. No one is disputing that.

What bugs me is you comparing something you say is cheaper then pulling a commercially sensitive information rather than giving an answer. If that's what you are going to say then don't tell us you have a cheaper solution.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am not here to educate you on everything. Its not that long ago we had to explain the basics of resistance to you.
    It confuses me that someone like yourself would not know loads of ways to do this.Your advice to everyone else here is to shop around. Why don't you follow your own advice and do that and some research while you are at it. A little knowledge may well save you & your customers some money. It also confuses me why you are so adamant to push an unnecessary subscription onto customers. As I asked in the other thread is it true there has been a price increase to this subscription already?
    Also what do you think will happen with this GPRS package once video streaming of multiple 1 & 2 MP cameras are added.

I am not here to educate you on everything. Its not that long ago we had to explain the basics of resistance to you.
    It confuses me that someone like yourself would not know loads of ways to do this.Your advice to everyone else here is to shop around. Why don't you follow your own advice and do that and some research while you are at it. A little knowledge may well save you & your customers some money. It also confuses me why you are so adamant to push an unnecessary subscription onto customers. As I asked in the other thread is it true there has been a price increase to this subscription already?
    Also what do you think will happen with this GPRS package once video streaming of multiple 1 & 2 MP cameras are added.

Always back to the ole reliable haha.. Anyway, not that long ago that you learn an external bell contained a back up battery ;)

Still laugh at that one :D:p

Anyway, Since you where saying about this cheap option i though you might give us all the information but as usual your hands are tied..

I would say they will have other plans or options when they release the PIR cameras. I am not privy to that information at this point.

I have an option to sell something in a more competitive manner that clearly you don't understand. But you wan't me to share that with you & educate you in the process??:confused:
    But yet you use the same answer yourself??
    This is business 101 just like resistance is Alarms 101 .

I have an option to sell something in a more competitive manner that clearly you don't understand. But you wan't me to share that with you & educate you in the process??:confused:
    But yet you use the same answer yourself??
    This is business 101 just like resistance is Alarms 101 .

I don't care if you share or not :D
    I wont be losing any sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Astec master

pg141 wrote: »
    Could someone, pm me the following

A price of
    i70 board/hyrbid board as well
    Smoke detector's
    Carbon Detector's
    Grade 2 Wireless Shock/Contact Sensor
    GSDi Grade 2 Wireless Personal Attack (PA) Button

Looking to upgrade system at the house, It's my understanding that this is linked via wifi so it can be monitored via web/smart phone?

thanks[/QUOTE You can visit the GSD website and view the GSD panel and app experience video
    I am not allowed to post the link as i am new to Boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Astec master

Please find below the location of the GSD i70 experience video, demonstrating the GSD i70 in action for a lady controling home and business.

Great feature of GSD i70 alarm, the GSD expanders enable installers take over/ upgrade old Astec systems. Protecting customers investment by giving the latest technology controled from smart phone / tablet app.

youtube.com/watch?v=FGB1ez92gBw

• Registered Users Posts: 28 marge2006

Have called GSD twice and e mailed for list of installers but no joy. No one has called back and there is no answer today on the sales line. Can someone pm me with a few installers if they know of any please.

That sounds very unusual. If you PM me your number I will get someone from GSD to contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

That sounds very unusual. If you PM me your number I will get someone from GSD to contact you.

i thought you didn't like manufacturers dealing with end users....?? Sounds like double standards

stuartkee wrote: »
    i thought you didn't like manufacturers dealing with end users....?? Sounds like double standards

He's looking for them to give him a list of companies who install their products.
    I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Secure Solutions

Thanks to (Astec Master) for the heads up on the GSD i70 systems taking over the Astec alarm sensors.
    Upgraded an Astec system for a customer today who was delighted to avoid the cost of replacing the sensors.
    GSD i70 App works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hi all, does anyone have a ball park for the gsd i70 panel, and gsm card?

It's a combi panel correct so if it was smashed it could easily be disabled?

Hi, you would need to check with suppliers re pricing.
    It's a combined panel and keypad. They have a seperate panel and keypad system that's very close to launch as well.
    If the panel is smashed the external bell will activate.
    You will also get notifications via the app even if the panel is totally destroyed.
    You will also get poll fail notifications.

Thanks.

I normally use reliable security but they don't seem to do gsd. Also can't see it on many suppliers websites.

What supplier on Dublin northside would do gsd?

Sorry I wasn't thinking of youyou as an installer.
    Contact GSD and they will get you set up.
    If you want to pm me a contact I will pass it on to them.
    Have you ever dealt with REW?

• Advertisement

Sorry I wasn't thinking of youyou as an installer.
    Contact GSD and they will get you set up.
    If you want to pm me a contact I will pass it on to them.
    Have you ever dealt with REW?

Yea I've got stuff off the REG group before. PM sent.

REW yeah?

Thanks.

I normally use reliable security but they don't seem to do gsd. Also can't see it on many suppliers websites.

What supplier on Dublin northside would do gsd?

You can buy the equipment direct off GSD, works out cheaper than the suppliers.

Yeah, we're working on that for him.;)
    Thats why I asked about REW. I have just the rep to look after him.

GSD deal direct with installers.
    Are you trying to make a point here?

altor wrote: »
    GSD deal direct with installers.
    Are you trying to make a point here?

Its grand I've helped plenty of the installers here over the years ;)

Its grand I've helped plenty of the installers here over the years ;)

I have no doubt you have :)

Did you say you a registered installer now?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 thatwilldopig

How are these panels working out for people, was thinking of installing a few but heard a couple of reports of trouble. They do seem to have come on a lot since last time i looked at them.

Coming on very well. We have hundreds of them in now. They are easy to install and the tech support from GSD is better than any company/brand I have used in nearly 30 years in the industry.
    The same goes for their Access Control systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Coming on very well. We have hundreds of them in now. They are easy to install and the tech support from GSD is better than any company/brand I have used in nearly 30 years in the industry.
    The same goes for their Access Control systems.

On to them a lot, are we? 😊

Advertisement