Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date Nerves

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

Sitec wrote: »
    Beta as fcuk

I think anybody using the term beta needs to check themselves. I got caught up in the PUA nonsense myself - and while there is some decent advice - a lot of it is counterproductive jibberish, designed for mental masturbaters. Classing people as beta and alpha is just stupid.

And yes, I'm aware you may have been just joking, but I wanted a rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

Stop worrying!!

What you going to see?
    We never actually discussed that.

Here's whats on anyway. Dark Skies, Identity thief, Jack The Giant Slayer and Oblivion. Not much choice there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Steve O wrote: »
    Bring soft drink flavoured rohypnol, be the gent and buy her drinks.

Full proof.

Lmao, anyone that took this seriously needs to get a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Shamozzle wrote: »
    We never actually discussed that.

Here's whats on anyway. Dark Skies, Identity thief, Jack The Giant Slayer and Oblivion. Not much choice there.

Bro they are all crap you're focked!!

I'd go with Oblivion and only if its on for under two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

Shamozzle wrote: »
    She actually suggested the cinema so that's what we're doing. Only 3 days to go. :eek:

so shes calling the shots already from day 1? wait until your married to her... bye bye womanly sex drive!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

shane9689 wrote: »
    so shes calling the shots already from day 1? wait until your married to her... bye bye womanly sex drive!
    Then he can lock her in his new neighbour's basement.

joking aside, i think were only making things worse for him giving him doubts and too many choices. he'll show up shaking like mad taking bits of all our advice walking in circles, poor girl wont know what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

joking aside, i think were only making things worse for him giving him doubts and too many choices. he'll show up shaking like mad taking bits of all our advice walking in circles, poor girl wont know what happened to him.

Life is tough and interacting with girls is very hard for some guys unfortunately. If it was like Steve Martin in The Jerk we'd all be OK and life would be great. But for the minority who are not great socially, girls can be unforgiving until they reach a certain age.

We all have to learn the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

Can anyone smell catfish?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Well it will either be......

"Oh my god,you are a woman":D:D

OR

"Your really a man!!!!!..how could I be so stupid to fall for it":eek::eek::o

Hopefully it will be the 1st one.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,009 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Can anyone smell catfish?

I can smell something.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Text her and ask her does she fancy a drink instead. You can then chat and get to know each other, without the awkwardness of the cinema. Nobody wants to eat popcorn or slurp their drink! You cant talk, you have to sit there and you get hot and sweaty with the nerves!

Drinks are much easier, and she's more likely to sleep with you after a few vodkas!!

Last bit was said in jest...kind of.

i took a girl to the cinema on a first date, when she went to the toilet i managed to knock over the drinks and the popcorn, solved that particular problem

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Has anyone posted swiss tony clips yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Tonight's the night. Don't forget to keep us posted OP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Go for the old sniff her hair move, never fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

tell us what happened?! 1st base 2nd base? how far! and how long? O.o 30 seconds, 40 seconds! a WHOLE MINUTE?!!! :O

tell us what happened?! 1st base 2nd base? how far! and how long? O.o 30 seconds, 40 seconds! a WHOLE MINUTE?!!! :O
    The date is tonight, so nothing has happened yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Hope it goes well OP :) let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Don't forget the box of popcorn with the hole cut out of the bottom, and offer her a handful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The date is tonight, so nothing has happened yet.

It's a first date and it's been a while for him. he's just being a bit premature.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I just realized I've rarely actually gone on an organized "date" before actually being a girl's boyfriend. Usually when I pull we chat by text for a while and then maybe head out but it's usually with a bunch of mates and then we just feck off ourselves after hanging with the group for a while. I think only once have I actually gone on a date with someone I wasn't already going out with, and we ended up together for a while anyway after that so does it really count?

Am I the exception or are formal "dates" genuinely becoming slightly less common?

Either way good luck OP! Don't be nervous, if there's one thing that being around girls has taught me it's that in general they're about a million times more nervous than we are about flirting and going out, it's just that they hide it much better :p You know that moment when you've texted a girl and briefly hope you're not coming across as an eejit? They do it too, and about a bajillion times worse than us. :D

Who'd have thought it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I just realized I've rarely actually gone on an organized "date" before actually being a girl's boyfriend. Usually when I pull we chat by text for a while and then maybe head out but it's usually with a bunch of mates and then we just feck off ourselves after hanging with the group for a while. I think only once have I actually gone on a date with someone I wasn't already going out with, and we ended up together for a while anyway after that so does it really count?

Am I the exception or are formal "dates" genuinely becoming slightly less common?

That's the Irish way. I wouldn't say the formal dates are less common; I think they're a little more common nowadays with online dating and everything, but still not the norm I suppose.

I've only gone on proper dates through dating sites, otherwise it would just be heading for drinks with a group.

Can't beat a great first date though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Don't forget the box of popcorn with the hole cut out of the bottom, and offer her a mouthful.
    fyp

OP is still logged in. Was the date cancelled?

Edit: Logged out at 19.41
    Damn green light staying on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you should follow him to the cinema and whisper dating tips into his ear

• Advertisement

Bet you were great at cluedo!! :P

Sure we'll soon see, he could be knee deep in clunge as we speak...

Advertisement