Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Date Nerves

Options
  • 10-04-2013 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I've been texting this girl for a few weeks now and I asked her earlier if she would like to go to the cinema on Sunday evening and she said she'd love to, great I thought but as Sunday edges closer I am getting increasingly nervous. I'm a shy guy by nature and have never really been on a proper date with a girl (not while sober anyway). To make matters worse I have never actually met this girl, we exchanged numbers on a dating site and have been texting every day ever since. We get on well and have a laugh, she's really easy to talk to and she's gorgeous too.

Don't really know why I started a thread about this but I guess I'm just looking for other people's experiences and advice. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Shamozzle wrote: »
    I've been texting this girl for a few weeks now and I asked her earlier if she would like to go to the cinema on Sunday evening and she said she'd love to, great I thought but as Sunday edges closer I am getting increasingly nervous. I'm a shy guy by nature and have never really been on a proper date with a girl (not while sober anyway). To make matters worse I have never actually met this girl, we exchanged numbers on a dating site and have been texting every day ever since. We get on well and have a laugh, she's really easy to talk to and she's gorgeous too.

Don't really know why I started a thread about this but I guess I'm just looking for other people's experiences and advice. :o

Beta as fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

You never go to the cinema on a first date!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cool story OP

I remember when I was 12

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

OP You might get some good advice on the new online dating forum. PM knucklehead6 and ask for access

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Half a naggin of vodka in a soft drinks bottle before you go in. It will loosen you up whilst not feeling the effects of being drunk. Have a **** before it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Worked for that lad Byran last year :)

What a great thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Make sure to rub your penis up and down her leg half way through the film, tongue hanging out the side of your mouth eyes rolling in your head. :D she'll love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

OP You might get some good advice on the new online dating forum. PM knucklehead6 and ask for access

The what now? :confused:

Text her and ask her does she fancy a drink instead. You can then chat and get to know each other, without the awkwardness of the cinema. Nobody wants to eat popcorn or slurp their drink! You cant talk, you have to sit there and you get hot and sweaty with the nerves!

Drinks are much easier, and she's more likely to sleep with you after a few vodkas!!

Last bit was said in jest...kind of.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Don't do the cliché dinner or cinema.

Do something that allows conversation but should the banter die you still have something fun to be doing together.

Like sex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Shamozzle

I can't drink as she lives a good bit away so I'll be driving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

Bring soft drink flavoured rohypnol, be the gent and buy her drinks.

Full proof.

I can't drink as she lives a good bit away so I'll be driving.

Its not you we're trying to get drunk anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Bring her to your mothers house for tea first.

lkionm wrote: »
    Bring her to your mothers house for tea first.
    I'd have a job, she died in a car accident 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

But if you do, be sure to get the large popcorn and cut out the mandatory hole in the bottom of it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You're definitely going to score so i'd say put the condom on now to save time later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Don't foget the customary popcorn surprise.

EDIT:- Damn you Vic!

Oh and get a small popcorn...it will make it look bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You could bring her to knitting classes? No?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

I think the cinema is really awkward for a first date! you can't talk or anything and ya don't know what to be doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

There are no rules when it comes to dating.

It's up to the individuals. If they're happy with it then that's all the matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Clean the pipes OP.........

And as for all the "dating" experts roaring at you not to go to the cinema on a first date............... I'm with my missus over 10 years....... first date, the cinema.

I think the cinema is really awkward for a first date! you can't talk or anything and ya don't know what to be doing
    Watch the movie perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Some advice:

-Don't go to the cinema, go to, say, a decent restaurant instead or somewhere that you are comfortable so you will feel relaxed. Offer to pay the bill, if she offers to pay half, then let her.
    -Be yourself, don't do anything you wouldn't do around people you respect
    -Dress properly, wear decent clothes e.g round neck jumper with shirt underneath, good jeans, nice shoes that are not formal nor casual either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

When you try to put your arm around her and it goes wrong and you're sitting there in absolute horror trying to decide to remove it or leave it think of the joy you're bringing to the people in the row behind you as they watch.

mikom wrote: »
    And as for all the "dating" experts roaring at you not to go to the cinema on a first date............... I'm with my missus over 10 years....... first date, the cinema.

Oh, well then its f*cking foolproof so!! Put a deposit on a ring now OP :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Watch the movie perhaps?
    But then you only have the film to talk about, the point of a date is to get to know the other person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Some advice:

-Dress properly, wear decent clothes e.g round neck jumper with shirt underneath,

Jaysus.......

Tune in next week for another Tubridy dating tip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Bring her to confession first.

Advertisement