Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooters

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Big yes from me. Love the food.

The girls thing is the novelty obviously and just an added extra. Should be no problem with having one here, sure the waitress' that walk around the VIP/Penthouse areas in Wrights are in bikinis and underwear the lot : /

It's not the 90's anymore, Hooters is hardly as controversial now as it was then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

Saying Irish women are beautiful is just as bad a generalisation as saying Irish women are ugly.

There are beautiful Irish women and there are ugly Irish women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭Gorilla Rising

Saying Irish women are beautiful is just as bad a generalisation as saying Irish women are ugly.

C'mon now. It's obviously OK to make stupid generalisations as long as it reflects positively on the group in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

It's always interesting to note who thanks post like this -and judge them accordingly. :cool: They do themselves no favours.

As`it is those who thanked this remark.:rolleyes:
    Generalise much?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If you want to debate the merits of being/not being a dick on the internet, then start a thread on it. If you want to complain about moderation, take it to feedback. If you want to talk about the thread topic, post here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

We opened supermacs to rival McDonalds. I say we should open a Diddys to compete with hooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

True.

However, Hooters wouldn't work here in Ireland. It began in the Deep South where there is a plentiful supply of girls with a certain curvy and sunkissed look. It only works in a steady tipping culture. A lot of folks on this thread spouting opinions without ever having been in one (skates!?).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Ok fair enough I did make a generalised statement. I just think Irish women get a bad rep for not being as good looking as a lot of other nations. I know many many beautiful Irish women,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

No cos it'll get me a ban. But by your stupid comment, I've made a judgement about what you look like and the kind of guy you are (because in my experience, you're always similar kind of fellas) and I'll be honest, it's not the kind of guy who gets the hot Polish women.....;) Same for all the fellas who posted similar comments and those who thanked them too.

I speak what is on my mind

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

What happened to Stringfellows club that opened up here in Dublin for a short time??

Why was it shut down??

I remember him being on The Late Late Show many years ago promoting it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

paddy147 wrote: »
    What happened to Stringfellows club that opened up here in Dublin for a short time??

Why was it shut down??

I remember him being on The Late Late Show many years ago promoting it.

i think it went BUST

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭checkyabadself

This is probably the most deserving thread of the phrase, "tits or gtfo"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Rezident

No it's too weird, it would probably only work in America. I went to one last year in Minnesota, all the lovely girls with their massive boobies and little tops - and people bring their kids there for lunch. It's just not right. If you went to one in Ireland, you'd meet your primary school teacher there and the guilt just wouldn't be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No thanks, enough oompa loompas walking around the street without them serving you food as well! Not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Rezident wrote: »
    If you went to one in Ireland, you'd meet your primary school teacher there and the guilt just wouldn't be worth it.

Nah, all my primary school teachers had crap tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd prefer a restaurant where the staff are all dressed like owls.

Advertisement