Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooters

Options
  • 09-04-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

So yay or nay for a hooters here in Ireland. I think it would be great... :D but of course theres a lot of religious folk about who might not appreciate it so I dunno if it would work out or not. So what does AH think? Would a hooters in Ireland be successful?

Would a hooters be successful here in Ireland? 193 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    65% 127 votes
    Maybe
    34% 66 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Why would people be against it?
    They don't take their clothes off...oh maybe that's why.

A strip club that serves burgers & beer that what we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I've seen more excitement at Sunday night parish bingo hall than I have in Hooters, completely over rated, I don't know what people see in them.

If you want to look at silicon you can buy it in your local hardware store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,859 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

They should open up if they want, but their places are crap.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I reckon they open one on trial, and only let me in there for the first few months. Let me try everything in there, and Ill report back if it needs to stay or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Have you seen Irish women lately OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Might have worked during the Celtic Tiger years but I'm not so sure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭returnNull

na i prefer to perv in coppers:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I've been to Hooters in Las Vegas and Singapore and they are just a laugh really. The Waitresses are hot and work for the tips, would it work here, possibly but expect every feminazi to go crazy about it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

donvito99 wrote: »

Who said anything about irish women???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Uh oh...and so it begins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

bridge house pub, dolphins barn, south dublin. has diddys on show nightly....if you like women of the lowest social classes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

AdamOHare wrote: »
    So yay or nay for a hooters here in Ireland. I think it would be great... :D but of course theres a lot of religious folk about who might not appreciate it so I dunno if it would work out or not. So what does AH think? Would a hooters in Ireland be successful?

There is a Hooters down the road from me.

The food sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Stinicker wrote: »
    I've been to Hooters in Las Vegas and Singapore and they are just a laugh really. The Waitresses are hot and work for the tips, would it work here, possibly but expect every feminazi to go crazy about it though.
    If they only hire hot waitresses with big knockers, is that not a form of discrimination?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,412 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Polish women would no doubt end up doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

In before the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Stinicker wrote: »
    possibly but expect every feminazi to go crazy about it though.

Given that there are plenty of feminists that support the legalisation of prostitution I'd doubt there'd be too much controversy over this.

Although I'm sure those that oppose it would be quite vocal, but again they wouldn't represent all feminists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I have never understood the appeal of these places. I'm not against them, what people wanna do with their own time and money is their business, I just honestly can't understand the appeal of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

bridge house pub, dolphins barn, south dublin. has diddys on show nightly....if you like women of the lowest social classes

duly noted.

+1 man point to you.

orestes wrote: »
    I have never understood the appeal of these places. I'm not against them, what people wanna do with their own time and money is their business, I just honestly can't understand the appeal of them.

Boobs. It's all about the boobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Hooters is poxy.Food is crap,women are crap and the prices are crap.The further they stay away the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Seachmall wrote: »

Only you don't see boobs in hooters, and most of the waitresses don't even have big ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have and they are plenty hot enough for any hooters. There are few jewels in the rough but Irish women are no different to other women and people only think non-Irish women are hotter because they are different and this is only a case of the grass being greener. Irish Girls we love you!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Its ridiculous, and im no conservative or feminist. I have a long love affair with tits and tit related topics. But here - no. A bit of style please.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

And I suppose you're some oil painting... Pffft can't stand people who tar all with the same brush..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Seachmall wrote: »

There's boobs everywhere, and you can see lots of them for free or in naughty magazines or on websites for people who like boobs, and there are wimmins who will actually let you play with their boobs, and some of them will even let you do the sexy time with them too, and even if they are the kind of wimmins that you pay for then they're still cheaper than going to Hooters. It just seems like the kind of place that where if you order a beer it would be served in a foam-dome beer dispensing plastic hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Irish women are rides (obvious exceptions).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Have you seen Irish women lately?

No, but I've seen a few Irish lads.

Jaysus, disappointment to say the least

orestes wrote: »
    and there are wimmins who will actually let you play with their boobs, and some of them will even let you do the sexy time with them too

Do you have a source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

Sure didn't they open a Stringfellow's there in Dublin a few years ago and it closed down shortly afterwards. I don't know if that's down to feminists and religious fanatics, or to Irish men being reluctant to spend money on women unless they have a chance of getting the ride!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭AdamOHare

Just looking at the polls, its fairly close.

Although, Im wondering are people voting on what they would like the answer to be, and not what they think it would be.

ie "I hate the concept of hooters so Im just gonna vote no"

I think it would be successful enough if there was one in the city center.

I hear the foods crap, but I always wondered why we never got one, afterall we do have mcdonalds, kfc, subways, apple greens, costas, starbucks and just about any other franchise you can think of. And hooters would be a big enough one. Youd think they would have at least thought about it.

Advertisement