Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maggie Thatcher dead - Mega merge thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

true wrote: »
    +1. I know plenty of working class people who stood up to Gerry Adams , and who emigrated to England in the 1980's and who got work there and were treated fairly and well there. Shame on Gerry Adams, but then again what do you expect from a pig but a grunt?

ahhhh it must be awful to live with such bitterness inside you. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Nodin wrote: »
    Yep, the way a vast amount of the wealth of Britain is concentrated in the services industry in the South East is an illusion.
    The wealth of almost every country is concentrated in the services industry. Welcome the 21st century.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Seachmall wrote: »
    It would be cruel to tell her that if she were alive and if it were undeserved.

Whether or not it is deserved is a personal opinion but I think it accurately represents a large portion of those who were affected by her politics.

No one, alive or dead, deserves to have someone wish that their grave be used as a toilet.

To be cool and dispassionate about the rights and wrongs of that in terms of her deserving/not deserving it is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Gatling wrote: »
    They were fecking terrorist's and got exactly what they deserved

Well in millions of peoples eyes they were freedom fighters, either way they were shot like dogs on the street, they were unarmed and had their hands up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

They were fecking terrorist's and got exactly what they deserved
    That's what I say about SAS corporals Howe and Wood at the funeral a few days later :)

• Advertisement

The Brits? They grabbed it years ago.
    From the poor colonised Spanish...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Anynama141 wrote: »
    The wealth of almost every country is concentrated in the services industry. Welcome the 21st century.

Financial services. "the city".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

No one, alive or dead, deserves to have someone wish that their grave be used as a toilet.

Lets be realistic here; there are plenty of people, dead and alive, that deserve a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Margaret Thatcher, Britain's first female PM, dead at 87. A spokesperson has said she will also go down in history as the first person to have the 21 gun salute aimed at the coffin.

gallag wrote: »
    Why were those people in Gibraltar?
    To blow up an army base..

Hope that clears that up for ya.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

The Brits? They grabbed it years ago.

No silly, the ira terrorists that got killed.

not yet wrote: »
    Well in millions of peoples eyes they were freedom fighters, either way they were shot like dogs on the street, they were unarmed and had their hands up.
    If true, they were probably as surprised to be killed as the people they were going to murder would have been.

That's what I say about SAS corporals Howe and Wood at the funeral a few days later :)

You are an absolute scumbag. I've seen footage of that, and it really shows your mentality for what it is. Absolute knacker.

Um...so why did they make concessions to the Fitzgerald government again? You aren't making any sense.
    FFS
    Jayus, didn't I just tell you a few posts back ....... the need for an "Irish dimension" ring a bell :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

rip

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

what that song they sing in the wizard of oz,o yeaa , the witch is dead ,the witch is dead:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

and to millions more they were terrorists who got what was coming to them.

stupid argument is stupid.

"ooh i'm irish and all the IRA were freedom fighters and those naughty brits were wrong for shooting them, but of course it was opk for us to shoot them!"

"ooh i'm british and the IRA were murdering scum who got what they deserved!"

sick of the búll**** arguments on here by the 800 years brigade and the Empire boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

SCUM plain and simple

If true, they were probably as surprised to be killed as the people they were going to murder would have been.

The difference My friend is their deaths were state sanctioned...

That sit well with you ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭Rocky Bay

Northern Ireland is still part of the UK. Laugh on.
    But, thankfully, not for very long more.

• Advertisement

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    You are an absolute scumbag. I've seen footage of that, and it really shows your mentality for what it is. Absolute knacker.
    Makes my day :) One of my favourite videos on Youtube.

Re reg troll banned

SCUM plain and simple

And the 1916 leaders ? scum to I suppose.

FFS
    Jayus, didn't I just tell you a few posts back ....... the need for an "Irish dimension" ring a bell :confused::confused::confused:

That makes no sense. Repeating it does not make any more sense. You are trying to argue that Thatcher - who never cared what anybody thought about what she thought was required - suddenly decided she needed to appear like a fan of Nationalism in Ireland? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Rocky Bay wrote: »

You think this country wants the north

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

That sit well with you ?

perfectly well with most right minded people, as it stopped them blowing up an army base.

my fúcking god, why wouldn't we be happy with it? scumbags dead, lives saved. happy days. the IRA always claimed it was a war, the british army should have treated it as one more often and wiped the lot of them out.

That sit well with you ?
    Yes. Wasn't there a war on at the time?

Or have SF/IRA been sh!tting us about that for all these years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

awec wrote: »
    Except this is a myth.
    The Movie shows the public and private life of Maggie Thatcher and all her idiosyncrasy's . You don't have to be a fan but as a historical figure I think Streep did a great job on her .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

It took 20+ pages to get to gibraltar/1916? A gerry mccabe post must be due in a minute

But still Maggie, eh? She gave us spitting image at least

Rocky Bay wrote: »
    Fingers crossed - but I'm not holding my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I lived in the six counties in the late 70,s/80,s and saw what thatchers hypocritical approach did to the nationalist community, As a recruiter for the Provisionals she was as good as Ian paisley a decade before, but I was brought up better than to rejoice in the death of anyone, friend or foe.

So I will leave you all to it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement