Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show: April 6th 2013 9.55pm

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Good Girl yourself Kathleen........

Off to Turkey with you!.........*when you think about it*...........lol!

Brings back memories of the wan who told PK to stuff his toy show tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That coke zero ad set in the cinema is shocking

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Brings back memories of the wan who told PK to stuff his toy show tickets!

But yet how differently it was handled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lisha wrote: »
    That coke zero ad set in the cinema is shocking

I know, I don't believe it has the same great coke taste either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Another really good show from Brendan... Mischievously asked Charlotte Church about Gavin Henson... He's some fecker.. :p

Come on RTE, Tubs' time is up.. He's had his go, now give Brendan a go..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

And now over to Graham Norton:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Whilst I respect Charlotte for 'doing her own thing' and trying something left-field, she just won't be taking seriously by the likes of the NME - so ingrained is the image of her in the tabloids and as the 'Voice Of An Angel'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Anyone who wants a Kahuna burger (and a boogie in about 15 mins) should flip over to Sky Atlantic +1.....

Pulp Fiction.......

***totters off to put on Mia wig***..........

Night Night all!!!!!!!.........:):):)

To be fair Charlotte seems like a lovely girl, with a great sense of humour.
    Best of luck to her, she can well afford to be so 'expressive'

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I've said this before but I'll say it again .........

If Brendan invited some of his past competition winners on to the programme some night, we could have a seriously great show on our hands, most of the competition winners sound like real characters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Whilst I respect Charlotte for 'doing her own thing' and trying something left-field, she just won't be taking seriously by the likes of the NME - so ingrained is the image of her in the tabloids and as the 'Voice Of An Angel'.

Charlotte wants to be a David Bowie chameleon. What kills her is that she has the voice, but she doesn't have the songs or charisma. She's spent years veering from opera to frothy pop "Crazy Chick" to rock to this weird indie stuff. She'll never be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I've said this before but I'll say it again .........

If Brendan invited some of his past competition winners on to the programme some night, we could have a seriously great show on our hands, most of the competition winners sound like real characters :D

Sounds like an average Friday night in the Television forum! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

After watching that boy on SNS, I wouldn't be able for another dose of misery with 'Song for a Raggy Boy'

• Registered Users Posts: 72,411 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Charlotte wants to be a David Bowie chameleon. What kills her is that she has the voice, but she doesn't have the songs or charisma. She's spent years veering from opera to frothy pop "Crazy Chick" to rock to this weird indie stuff. She'll never be happy

Exactly. Plus it didn't help that Brendan asks her to sing 'Pie Jesu' when she is trying to distance herself from her past!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,688 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Exactly. Plus it didn't help that Brendan asks her to sing 'Pie Jesu' when she is trying to distance herself from her past!

I was surprised that she did it. I expected her to tell him to f@ck off

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭wordsmithi

I have to say that Donal Walsh is an inspiration and it is heartbreaking to see his circumstances. One of the most impressive people I've seen on tv ever. A true hero.

(Sorry to post this one at the end of the thread but I really wanted to put this post in all the same.) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amoctober

I 100% agree with you.
    wordsmithi wrote: »
    I have to say that Donal Walsh is an inspiration and it is heartbreaking to see his circumstances. One of the most impressive people I've seen on tv ever. A true hero.

(Sorry to post this one at the end of the thread but I really wanted to put this post in all the same.) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Donal Walsh, excellent interview, inspirational guy, well handled by Brendan. Fast forward through daithi ....john waters ....nonsense.
    If the final act were a new band I would have been very impressed. I thought charlotte church was great, looks like she's enjoying it. The only thing she got wrong was looking too bjorky.( who i guess is inspiring her)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,937 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Another really good show from Brendan... Mischievously asked Charlotte Church about Gavin Henson... He's some fecker.. :p

Come on RTE, Tubs' time is up.. He's had his go, now give Brendan a go..
    i agree, he made his case tonight! I let it go this time that he called vomit "vom".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just watching the show now.

The interview with Donal Lynch was well handled. It was a good idea to keep his parents in the audience and let the lad have the stage to himself.

I'm not too keen on the logic that his incurable physical illness should serve as a motivation to those who may suffer from mental illnesses with many seeing suicide as the only cure.

The causes of suicide not as straight forward as that but I can't knock the lad's intentions.

Got a bit annoyed when he started on about God, and how this God has helped him through such a difficult time. What kind of fúcked up in the head god would inflict cancer on a child to begin with and take him from his family at such a young age?

But thats for another day. Each to their own.

There's Daithí O'Sé, who's yer wan?
    I often see Daithí around Galway and got talking to him a couple of times in the past. Sound oul skin, although I still think he slightly exaggerates his Kerry accent on TV.

John Waters.

Sort you hair out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just as I was giving out about God in the post above along comes the Pope Benny fan club in the shape of John Waters.

Although I kind of agree with him in that everyone is the centre of their own universe, I don't think that has anything to do with some artificial makey uppy magician demanding worship.

Speaking of worship, what in the hell was that noise Charlotte Church was making?

Is she only 27?

Dangerous age to be a musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Donal Lynch was just exceptional. Just caught it tonight. There's talk that his uplifting message won't reach teenagers in danger. Well perhaps not. But it moved me and uplifted older and generally non religious cynic that I am. I thought also Brendan was excellent in his role, sensitive but constantly probing despite that.

For a so-called misery slot and one which poured tears down faces there was such a very positive message from Donal. He's just an amazing young man. As his father said he is a giant.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Donal Walsh died this afternoon. No other details just yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Skid X wrote: »
    Coming up on the show this week we'll be meeting sixteen year old Donal Walsh who came to prominence last week when he spoke out about youth suicide. He'll be telling tell Brendan his own moving story and how he hopes a positive message can reach those at risk of suicide.

Just heard on the wires that Donal Walsh passed away this evening.. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Just heard on the wires that Donal Walsh passed away this evening.. RIP.

My God. Upset to read that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,680 ✭✭✭flutered

enjoy your new life kid, may you run free and enjoy yourself, forget your former life even tho it was to make people aware and give them some of your strenght.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

RIP Donal Walsh, and condolences to his family and friends. A remarkable young man who achieved a lot in his all too short time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

And RTE have uploaded the full Donal Walsh interview ...

Advertisement