Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show: April 6th 2013 9.55pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

This show is saying, life is worth living. I assume last night's LLS was the argument against?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,043 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If I was giving the few months notice myself there's so much mad $hit I would try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He's amazingly mature ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 425 ✭✭Dreamertime

Wow. He's a credit to his family and himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,690 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The poor man is screwed, by the sound of it

• Advertisement

F*ck Tom Cruise, this lad is a real star, and well done Brendan for dealing with it so well also.

M

<Morbid thought>Could they not take some components from the suiciders and give them to him?</Morbid thought>

I'm crying now. Very moving

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

thats fcuking frightening. poor lad.

In fairness Nuala O'Faoláin said something similar about her apartment in NY and how she would miss it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭smurph10

God there's an awful lot of clowns on this thread, fair play to this lad, unbelievable.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭SRFC

Poor lad,very brave going on tv like that,

and as the saying goes ''None of us are getting out of this alive''.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

This is very tough to watch, he is an amazing young man, So mature and serene in light of what he is facing

Some people get 80+ years. Others get a lot less. There has to be a reason. He is an inspiration to us all. That's part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Ah jaysus that poor father is heartbroken.

This was going to be a powerful interview even without the suicide issue.

Brendan doing a very good job too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Why?

Some of what he has said is very naive, this poor young man, terminally ill and has a lot to be angry about. I'm just not sure that this is the right avenue for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Feel bad for him and the family but it really is such a naive opinion he has

I'm not sure he's wise to be commenting on other people's situation.. He's working with the premise that everybody's life is worth living and they should see it as such... But a lot of people would be of the opinion that their life is NOT worth living.

cofy wrote: »
    Some of what he has said is very naive, this poor young man, terminally ill and has a lot to be angry about. I'm just not sure that this is the right avenue for him.
    Maybe if you listen with an open mind you may think differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Poor divil. Bawling here.

• Advertisement

He's spot on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,006 ✭✭✭Hitchens

he has more grit and courage in his little finger than most of us have in our whole body

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,652 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

His heart is in the right place but he is really not understanding the complexity of suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Maybe if you listen with an open mind you may think differently.

Why he's picking on suicide is beyond me. He's a little immature I suppose. Shame he's discussing suicide.

I'm not sure he's wise to be commenting on other people's situation.. He's working with the premise that everybody's life is worth living and they should see it as such... But a lot of people would be of the opinion that their life is NOT worth living.

And thats exactly why Donal and we all should talk about how wrong it is to see such a mindset normalised in this coutry.

M

There's better facilities in Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

And thats exactly why Donal and we all should talk about how wrong it is to see such a mindset normalised in this coutry.

It's a lot more complex than that. Using the word "wrong" is something that we're trying to get away from.

Why he's picking on suicide is beyond me. He's a little immature I suppose. Shame he's discussing suicide.

Year, real immature :rolleyes:

Get a grip.

If he has convinced ONE person not to commit suicide, his life won't have been in vain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I suppose he's looking at it from the point that he won't get to live a full life while some people are ending their lives themselves. Naïve but I can understand his point of view.

Advertisement