Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC On Fuel TV 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

uncle Dana's a fan

67883_553964611310685_2112193040_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Was about to post the same.
    He's trending in twitter.

Ariel also did a great job of promoting It as the people main event. He pointed out before the fight that true to his word Conir came out with no hat, no shirt, no banner, no sponsors at all. Just the flag.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I don't know wtf is wrong with embedding today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8eoPJs5KQ&feature=youtu.be

I'll try embed for the guys on phones shortly.

Thanks for that, I got 5 minutes too late and missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

What are the bets Conors fight is shown on the main card if there is a 1st round KO? Would be very easy for the UFC to start the hype train now since Aldo needs a proper challenger and his first fight in the UFC will no doubt have people start asking questions. He has the right style for it.

Interesting days ahead. Interesting to see how the world media react. I think he's going to be a fan favourite outside of Ireland fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What are the bets Conors fight is shown on the main card if there is a 1st round KO? Would be very easy for the UFC to start the hype train now since Aldo needs a proper challenger and his first fight in the UFC will no doubt have people start asking questions. He has the right style for it.

Interesting days ahead. Interesting to see how the world media react. I think he's going to be a fan favourite outside of Ireland fast.

It's a guarantee it gets shown on ESPN now.
    They lost two rounds in the main. So the room should be there no matter what.
    It's only 67 sec long. Potential KOoTN. Trending on twitter, Dana took notice. Everything about the fight points towards a PPV spot.

And there we go. Thanks Kenny. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Getting pretty ahead of yourself talking about Aldo.

Think they will slot it in if they've time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Would be very easy for the UFC to start the hype train now since Aldo needs a proper challenger and his first fight in the UFC will no doubt have people start asking questions. He has the right style for it.

I would hate to see him fast tracked to contender status before he's ready. He's after making a remarkable start in the UFC, but I hope he has decent level headed people around him that will help to keep him grounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I've just realised he is only 24. That makes it even better.

• Advertisement

Getting pretty ahead of yourself talking about Aldo.

Think they will slot it in if they've time.

I don't think so.

They do build hype early for fighters that shine. Regardless of whether he is near or far in actual fact, the UFC might bank a little in him and increase his profile steadily. Kenny Florian is creaming himself and they are still analysing his technique and replaying videos even after 2 more fights have passed. He's clearly the story of the card so far. Not a bad sign.

As I said, will be interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Breakingnews.ie has this they spoiled it for me:mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Seriously, you're getting way ahead of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

connors capoeira and willingness to use it as demonstrated by the missed kick will mean fans will warm to his unpredictability imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

dave1982 wrote: »
    Breakingnews.ie has this they spoiled it for me:mad:

news agency reports on live sport shocker

Excellent second round for madadi. Easy to see why he's a fan favourite in sweden.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Lads, fuel tv is that a paid service?

And a great finish! My fave fight of the day so far! Apart from mcgregor obviously. Nearly out in the first and came back like that. Well Done Sir!!

T-K-O wrote: »
    Lads, fuel tv is that a paid service?

Dont think its available in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,311 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Any one have any idea what channel the main event is on on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Roar wrote: »
    news agency reports on live sport shocker

Have they ever before?

No is the answer so yes it is a shocker.

I know the sites to stay away from until I see a MMA event I wan't to watch.

Love the guys honesty and wit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

hahahahaha ya just have to love the guy makes ya laugh... pure honesty amidst all the hype and crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

conor678 wrote: »
    Any one have any idea what channel the main event is on on?

ESPN @ 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"Gonna take all the ufcs money. Hightail it back to Ireland. Big bag of cash. Fcuk the recession" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭conor678

Sound, put on ESPN and saw some bundesliga game on so panicked for a sec

RainMaker wrote: »
    ESPN @ 9pm

My EPSN says 8pm..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

• Advertisement

I've found a site with a good quality stream of the main card. Am I risking a ban if I post it? Mods?

Advertisement