Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC On Fuel TV 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Why didnt i back him for a first round knockout. Of course he was gonna win, stupid me

Easiest 24 i've ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

pauldoo wrote: »
    that was brilliant-any idea what his ground game is like??few fights ive seen have been standing-he looked awesome

Dave Hill didn't cause him any problems on the ground, and Hill is no slouch. Hopefully his wrestling is of a similar standard, I'd hate to see his momentum slowed by some blanket laying on him for 15 min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Very impressive performance, wont be long before he got shots on main cards if he keeps performing like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

****ing amazing well done McGregor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Dave Hill didn't cause him any problems on the ground, and Hill is no slouch. Hopefully his wrestling is of a similar standard, I'd hate to see his momentum slowed by some blanket laying on him for 15 min.

It's hard to wrestle when yer unconscious
    Mcgreggor has ground game but Christ can he hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Wikipedia was updated within about 3 mins of the win. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

he was so sharp.... no game plan just natural reflexive striking.... love the way he keeps his head back and waits for openings in and out bing bam boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I'd love if the UFC fed him Leonard Garcia or Nam Phan after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Hope y'all got on that 16/5 first round win I posted earlier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ah stop, what a hero! Went for the safer option of him to win by T/KO, but put it in a treble with Pearson to win and the main event to not go the distance. Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

He is some crisp puncher....Leaves himself very open and took a few needless shots. Impressive performance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

I could get used to the influx of "What time is Conor fighting??" posts :)

Delighted for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Currently Active Users
    185 (90 members & 95 guests)

Surely that's some kind of record for this forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

He started slow, but once he connected with Brimmage once cleanly, the whole fight changed. Again, very impressive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭EvanCornwallis

Brimmage's record is decent, he is no mug. McGregor was just so precise with his shots

No, it's not. The guys on his record are Terrible - Poor, Hettes included.

Brimmage is at least two levels below Conor. Maybe more , depending how far he can go. If you want to be a top UFC guy , you have to take him out very decisively. Which he did, so get him to the next level.

No point in keeping him against guys like Brimmage, he will destroy guys at that level just like he did today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Someone's already prepared a .gif for your viewing pleasure!
    (Shamelessly stolen from the MMA thread in the PW forum)

754914050.gif

crisp is exactly the word. So confident moving round at angles not backing off too much.. just on the edge of the bubble waiting just waiting to let his hands go fu$$in love it!!!

I'd love if the UFC fed him Leonard Garcia or Nam Phan after this.

Please no.

He would beat them both tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Roar wrote: »
    Hope y'all got on that 16/5 first round win I posted earlier :)

€84 bucks in the bank. cheers for the spot on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Great finish , hopefully they put him against someone decent next time. He has now proven he needs a serious step up in competition.

Someone decent?
    Brimage is a known 145er coming off TUF and us no slouch. Perfect matchmaking for a debut.
    Obviously he moves up levels now. But steady us better than diving into top 5.

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    Someone decent?
    Brimage is a known 145er coming off TUF and us no slouch. Perfect matchmaking for a debut.

Oh yeah, we all know the quality tuf is known for. Yes, feeding him to conor was perfect for a debut bout, but don't go sidewards with his next oppponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,078 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Oh yeah, we all know the quality tuf is known for. Yes, feeding him to conor was perfect for a debut bout, but don't go sidewards with his next oppponent.

Who said anything about going sidewards? You are arguing points that were never made.
    You were talking Brimage down after the fight. It's unnessecery and takes away from Conor's win imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Gold cup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Lads cool the jets. That was a great win and performance by Conor.

onwards and upwards..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Hard to get off the prelims as a featherweight but being known for KOs it might just happen next time

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

If anyone finds a video of the fight please send me a pm. I don't think there are any up yet.

Mellor wrote: »
    Who said anything about going sidewards? You are arguing points that were never made.
    You were talking Brimage down after the fight. It's unnessecery and takes away from Conor's win imo

Arguing , all I did was make a point ? What's the problem ?

I'm probably the only one not biased to Conor. So I'll call it as it is. If you want to go far , he was a guy that you should dispatch in impressive fashion. That happened, so now it's onward and upward.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/irelands-conor-mcgregor-takes-just-67-seconds-to-win-his-first-ufc-fight-859772-Apr2013/

IRELAND’S CONOR MCGREGOR announced himself on the world stage with an incredible first round knockout on his UFC debut.

The 24-year-old featherweight took on experienced US fighter Marcus Brimage (6-1-0) in Stockholm this afternoon and took just 67 seconds to end the fight with a series of devastating blows to his opponent’s head.

There was huge expectation from MMA fans in Ireland and further afield going into the fight, and the hype was justified as McGregor disposed of Brimage with utter confidence.

Speaking afterwards, the Dublin native said. “I didn’t really have a gameplan. You can’t let emotions get in the way. I think Marcus let the fact that the Irish were getting on his back get to him.

“This is the first time I’ve experienced something like this. It’s a game to me. I just keep calm.

He wobbled a couple of times early. I thought he was emotionally attached to the contest.”

Calling for UFC president Dana White to award him with the $60,000 Knockout of the Night prize, McGregor added:

“Dana… 60 Gs, baby!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I don't know wtf is wrong with embedding today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC8eoPJs5KQ&feature=youtu.be

I'll try embed for the guys on phones shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Here's a gif if anyone's interested.

mcgregor-knockout.gif

Bout 10 posts late...

Advertisement