Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why all the Fianna Fail bashing on this forum?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Whose actions resulted in the recession being far worse than it otherwise would have been? Who ignored repeated warnings from his own department?
    Cowen. Who elected him and his cronies?

emo72 wrote: »
    seriously. you cant be. unless you are a fianna fail MEMBER
    It should be a bannable offence on Boards to accuse someone of being an actual member of Fianna Failure. That's a disgusting thing to accuse anybody of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

Just seen this thread this evening, I would think its some boisterous lads letting some steam off. We will have them back in a year or so when the people have got tired of the present government.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

give us your explanation..confused.png

Its hard to explain in writing but Ireland didn't have to take the bailout if the Central Bank done its job. (nothing to do with the banking mess and regulation matters). Everybody blames FF when infact the Central Bank has got away without getting the blame when they were a large part. As I already said nothing to do with poor regulation of the banks. If I get time I will try and explain it further.

Just to point out again I am not and never will be a FF supporter and they have a good share of the blame but not all.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Its hard to explain in writing but Ireland didn't have to take the bailout if the Central Bank done its job. (nothing to do with the banking mess and regulation matters). Everybody blames FF when infact the Central Bank has got away without getting the blame when they were a large part. As I already said nothing to do with poor regulation of the banks. If I get time I will try and explain it further.

Just to point out again I am not and never will be a FF supporter and they have a good share of the blame but not all.
    Nonsense. And it's certainly not hard to put anything (true) into words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

In the words of Ireland's best moral conscience:
    Ah heyor!!!!! Leave it bleedin' ouuuuuu

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

F FF and F U 2

Anynama141 wrote: »

More like putting it into simple language for people to understand it here, if you had studied economics you would know this but seem as you only read whats in the media what would one expect.....

No only FF and the Central Bank the Irish people need to take some responsibility for there actions over the last few years to.

F FF and F U 2

I tried Google for an explanation but alas no result.

F FF and F U 2

I tried Google for an explanation but alas no result.

Oh a personal attack there, shows your level of maturity and most likely uneducated.

BTW if you want to find the answer you type UCD into Google and find the economics course spend 4 years studying and then another year for a masters and the you will find the answer.

If FF are so much to blame then why are the gaining support in recent polls, when Gov term is up I bet FF will get elected back in and everything will be forgotten won't it...

• Advertisement

Oh a personal attack there, shows your level of maturity and most likely uneducated.

BTW if you want to find the answer you type UCD into Google and find the economics course spend 4 years studying and then another year for a masters and the you will find the answer.

If FF are so much to blame then why are the gaining support in recent polls, when Gov term is up I bet FF will get elected back in and everything will be forgotten won't it...

Thank you for your explanation, nothing personal was intended.

More like putting it into simple language for people to understand it here, if you had studied economics you would know this but seem as you only read whats in the media what would one expect.....
    Oddly enough, I studied economics at PhD level. What you are saying is rubbish.
    No only FF and the Central Bank the Irish people need to take some responsibility for there actions over the last few years to.
    This is true.

You definitely don't sound like a closet Fianna Failure fan here.

I will explain it but it will take time which I don't have right not but this crap being blown from Europe and FF that we were running out of money and a bailout was the only way forward was all bull****. The Central Bank know this well however at the time they sat back and said nothing because FF were being lambasted by the media and everybody over looked the Central Banks role in obtaining the bailout and how they could of affected it.

Then again were are dealing with the 21st century hitler based in Berlin...

Since 2010 you can see that the EU were wrong in the way they delt with Ireland however they will not admit it and are just fooling the current Government about a possible deal to reduce out banking death. It won't happen but of course FG think it will if they keep Angela Merkel sweet when in reality she is playing them off the opposition in Germany because there is an election coming up in Germany lather this year and she wants to hold onto her job.

Whatever way things go in September in Germany nothing will happen on out Bank death.

September could spell a very different German approach to the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Do ye not see? The Op has sat and watched all day?

Next ff poll

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Robroy36 wrote: »
    I'll tell you why - Fina Fail were at the very bottom a few years back. They could only have had a lower rating if they had been inextricably linked with the holocaust or some other episode of genocide. They were seen as crooks, con artists and criminals - the lowest of the low. Everyone hated them.

Yep.
    Fina Fail accepted this but instead of sitting back and licking their wounds and blaming others for their own misfortune they started building. Remoulding themselves, learning from their mistakes, getting stronger.
    Jury is very much still out. I haven't heard one idea frmo them that I thought would be better than what FG are putting forward.
    Now, today they are arguably the strongest, most popular party in the country once again.
    Voters are fickle.
    Unfortunately such a resolute work ethic is rarely seen outside of Berlin, and certainly not amongst the typical embittered, leftist, self entitled Boards.ie poster. What have they done to improve their lot over the last four years? A few snarky comments on boards.ie? Maybe a few appearances at pro-abortion rallys? Perhaps a rant about the Catholic church?

So the hard working ethic you love in Berlin, which has no leftist factions?? Are we talking about Berlin Vermont, or Berlin New Hampshire? :confused:
    They hate Fina Fail not because of their relatively recent misdemeanours but because every time they look at them they see a group of resourceful, hard working, motivated, successful individuals and they know they'll never even be good enough to polish their shoes.

Ah, now you're just trolling!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I will explain it but it will take time which I don't have right not but this crap being blown from Europe and FF that we were running out of money and a bailout was the only way forward was all bull****.
    I'm looking forward to this explanation, it should be good...so the CBI had loads of cash somewhere under the mattress or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭G Power

I can't believe people ask such stupid questions, fianna fail should have been physically bashed and not just in virtual world threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Xenophile wrote: »
    Great to see that people when they see the evidence are capable of changing their minds!

I agree but not many of those people are now admitting that they once voted FF. Everyone is acting like only an idiot would ever have voted for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

This "it's everybody fault" line is just a bit of spin. It's meaningless. The Regling/Watson Banking Report stated that Cowen's 2007 Budget added markedly to the overheating of the economy. Government spending increased by more than 11% in 2007 and 2008. The report went on to say that there were opportunities to mitigate the risks and create a cushion to the recession, but that these opportunities were not taken. Instead, "the policies of government and culture in the banks “added fuel to the fire".

The White report found that the Finance Department had issued warnings over the overheating of the construction sector but that these were unheeded. Repeated warnings from the Department on increasing public spending were also ignored. Fianna Fail's unique relationship with major property developers inflated the bubble to such an extent that the construction industry ended up being one fifth of the economy, something which has never happened in any other developed country. FF is blamed because FF is largely to blame.

I never said they weren't largely to blame but people got in right over their heads.

People were doing anything to get on the property ladder to the point of either over-extending themselves or not giving a second thought to what might happen if the wind changed direction.

I've applied for a mortgage recently. We could have gotten a shedload more money than we applied for but we took the view that one of us could lose our jobs tomorrow and if that happened, we wouldn't be able to pay that mortgage. So we applied for an amount of money we could afford on one income.

If both of us lose our jobs, then that's horrible luck and we'll deal with it but it's unlikely. A lot of people failed to apply that sort of thinking during the boom because they just wanted everything and wanted it now.

A lot of people also voted FF despite the warnings that the economy was overheating and the bubble would burst. The warning signs and precedents were there for everyone to see, including the voters, but we ignored them because everything was grand that day and who cares about tomorrow.

• Advertisement
Advertisement