Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why all the Fianna Fail bashing on this forum?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

davet82 wrote: »
    oh bertie we do!

oh bertie we do!

oh berite we do!

oh bertie we love you!!

Vote bertie to run our forests :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

FF destroyed this country for generations to come,.nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭WhatNowForUs?

Even though this thread is a piss take I feel like vomiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I think Fianna Fail are the best thing ever, oh no, wait, that's The Walking Dead I'm thinking off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Not for one second defending FF but what the whole country has missed is what the Central Bank has done. We could of avoided the bailout if the Central Bank did its job but in a way one positive from the bailout is a degree of reform across the public services which was long over due.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

DeanAustin wrote: »

99% of people who post here say they would prefer a dose of piles rather than to vote FF and think anyone who has a different view is a tool. But someone voted for FF for over a decade...

Great to see that people when they see the evidence are capable of changing their minds!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

Burke, Haughey, Ahern, Flynn, Callelly, Flynn jr, Foley, Ellis, Lawlor

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Rezident

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

Look we all make mistakes, one time when I was at a party we were playing football and I accidentally knocked over a statue of Jesus and it smashed and my friend's parents thought we did it on purpose as an act of blasphemy which it totally wasn't but Fianna Fail broke the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Just because you don't like what somebody who supports Fianna Fail has to say, doesn't make it trolling.

Yes it does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭space_man

"Why all the Fianna Fail bashing on this forum?"

Uh? let me guess.
    'cos they destroyed the economy, and along with it people's lives for years, maybe generations to come.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Op, what did poor Eva do to deserve FF?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not for one second defending FF but what the whole country has missed is what the Central Bank has done. We could of avoided the bailout if the Central Bank did its job but in a way one positive from the bailout is a degree of reform across the public services which was long over due.

Ahmmm, NO. The Central Bank only acted that way because it was allowed to do so, incidentally by Fianna Fail,Greens,corrupt Independents, aka the Government. So in effect, we could have avoided the Bailout if the Government done its job. Remember the Government rewarded the Bank regulator with a payoff that you or i could only dream of.
    And who has paid the price of Public Sector reform.? again mainly the ordinary decent hardworking frontline staff while little or nothing has those at the top who are still creaming it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Chucken wrote: »
    Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt so will you answer me one question honestly?
    Op, what did poor Eva do to deserve FF?

Dammit :mad: I've been waiting all day to say that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Good post. The Irish people are very much responsible for where we are but very few want to admit it. Easier to just blame someone else.

This "it's everybody fault" line is just a bit of spin. It's meaningless. The Regling/Watson Banking Report stated that Cowen's 2007 Budget added markedly to the overheating of the economy. Government spending increased by more than 11% in 2007 and 2008. The report went on to say that there were opportunities to mitigate the risks and create a cushion to the recession, but that these opportunities were not taken. Instead, "the policies of government and culture in the banks “added fuel to the fire".

The White report found that the Finance Department had issued warnings over the overheating of the construction sector but that these were unheeded. Repeated warnings from the Department on increasing public spending were also ignored. Fianna Fail's unique relationship with major property developers inflated the bubble to such an extent that the construction industry ended up being one fifth of the economy, something which has never happened in any other developed country. FF is blamed because FF is largely to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

washman3 wrote: »
    Ahmmm, NO. The Central Bank only acted that way because it was allowed to do so, incidentally by Fianna Fail,Greens,corrupt Independents, aka the Government. So in effect, we could have avoided the Bailout if the Government done its job. Remember the Government rewarded the Bank regulator with a payoff that you or i could only dream of.
    And who has paid the price of Public Sector reform.? again mainly the ordinary decent hardworking frontline staff while little or nothing has those at the top who are still creaming it off.

You still miss the point and how the Central Bank had a much larger role to play in the bailout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    You still miss the point and how the Central Bank had a much larger role to play in the bailout.

give us your explanation..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy.

I agree, it is quite pecular. Why single them out for ridicule. [mod note: poster warned for trolling]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

This "it's everybody fault" line is just a bit of spin. It's meaningless. The Regling/Watson Banking Report stated that Cowen's 2007 Budget added markedly to the overheating of the economy. Government spending increased by more than 11% in 2007 and 2008. The report went on to say that there were opportunities to mitigate the risks and create a cushion to the recession, but that these opportunities were not taken. Instead, "the policies of government and culture in the banks “added fuel to the fire".

The White report found that the Finance Department had issued warnings over the overheating of the construction sector but that these were unheeded. Repeated warnings from the Department on increasing public spending were also ignored. Fianna Fail's unique relationship with major property developers inflated the bubble to such an extent that the construction industry ended up being one fifth of the economy, something which has never happened in any other developed country. FF is blamed because FF is largely to blame.
    Who put Cowen in government?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fair play - you made me laugh!

10/10.

http://unitedpeople.ie/fail.html

...Nuff' said!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭emo72

Biggins wrote: »
    Fair play - you made me laugh!

10/10.

http://unitedpeople.ie/fail.html

...Nuff' said!

that website should be sent to everyone!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,466 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

At least I can say I've never voted for them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Robroy36

I'll tell you why - Fina Fail were at the very bottom a few years back. They could only have had a lower rating if they had been inextricably linked with the holocaust or some other episode of genocide. They were seen as crooks, con artists and criminals - the lowest of the low. Everyone hated them.

Fina Fail accepted this but instead of sitting back and licking their wounds and blaming others for their own misfortune they started building. Remoulding themselves, learning from their mistakes, getting stronger.

Now, today they are arguably the strongest, most popular party in the country once again.

Unfortunately such a resolute work ethic is rarely seen outside of Berlin, and certainly not amongst the typical embittered, leftist, self entitled Boards.ie poster. What have they done to improve their lot over the last four years? A few snarky comments on boards.ie? Maybe a few appearances at pro-abortion rallys? Perhaps a rant about the Catholic church?

They hate Fina Fail not because of their relatively recent misdemeanours but because every time they look at them they see a group of resourceful, hard working, motivated, successful individuals and they know they'll never even be good enough to polish their shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭armchair fusilier

Anynama141 wrote: »
    Who put Cowen in government?

Whose actions resulted in the recession being far worse than it otherwise would have been? Who ignored repeated warnings from his own department?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Robroy36 wrote: »
    I'll tell you why - Fina Fail were at the very bottom a few years back. They could only have had a lower rating if they had been inextricably linked with the holocaust or some other episode of genocide. They were seen as crooks, con artists and criminals - the lowest of the low. Everyone hated them.

Fina Fail accepted this but instead of sitting back and licking their wounds and blaming others for their own misfortune they started building. Remoulding themselves, learning from their mistakes, getting stronger.

Now, today they are arguably the strongest, most popular party in the country once again.

Unfortunately such a resolute work ethic is rarely seen in this country, and certainly not amongst the typical embittered, leftist, self entitled Boards.ie poster. What have they done to improve their lot over the last four years? A few snarky comments on boards.ie? Maybe a few appearances at pro-abortion rallys? Perhaps a rant about the Catholic church?

They hate Fina Fail not because of their relatively recent misdemeanours but because every time they look at them they see a group of resourceful, hard working, motivated, successful individuals and they know they'll never even be good enough to polish their shoes.

A laugh at bedtime...Can't beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

Unfortunately such a resolute work ethic is rarely seen outside of Berlin, and certainly not amongst the typical embittered, leftist, self entitled Boards.ie poster. What have they done to improve their lot over the last four years? A few snarky comments on boards.ie? Maybe a few appearances at pro-abortion rallys? Perhaps a rant about the Catholic church?

Fortunately such naive Hitler Fianna Fail youth rhetoric has rarely been seen outside of Berlin since 1933-45.

oh please...would you ever fuc......oh sorry you are obviously trollin;) ....nearly got me.

Fortunately such naive Hitler Fianna Fail youth rhetoric has rarely been seen outside of Berlin since 1933-45.

Godwin's law in action. Fascinating.

emo72 wrote: »
    oh please...would you ever fuc......oh sorry you are obviously trollin;) ....nearly got me.

I am deadly serious.

I am deadly serious.

seriously. you cant be. unless you are a fianna fail MEMBER

• Advertisement

emo72 wrote: »
    seriously. you cant be. unless you are a fianna fail MEMBER

Hitler youth, apparently.

Advertisement