Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why all the Fianna Fail bashing on this forum?

Options
  • 04-04-2013 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

bad troll is bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

Fantasist.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

You could have at least have used a more subtle username before trolling!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fianna Fail can suck my cock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Lock in 5....4...3...2...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

:eek: you gotta be trollin' me?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Bye Now

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

IB4TL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I for one am SHOCKED to find there is trolling going on here

oh bertie we do!

oh bertie we do!

oh berite we do!

oh bertie we love you!!

• Advertisement

I was looking forward to good argument before clicking into the thread...now I'm just disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail i?

Why indeed, maybe it's because the Geebags Fuked up our nice little country

21/25

uch wrote: »

you took the bait, for shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I for one am SHOCKED to find there is trolling going on here

Your winnings, Sir
    uch wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭KuriousOranj

They fixhed the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

they tuk our jeeeerrrrbs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fianna Failed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

What a terrible wind up attempt. Would have been interested to see a proper debate on this though.

99% of people who post here say they would prefer a dose of piles rather than to vote FF and think anyone who has a different view is a tool. But someone voted for FF for over a decade...

Anyway, this isn't the thread for it. OP should hang their head in shame.

petes wrote: »
    Fianna Fail can suck my cock!!

Fina Gael cant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I can think of tens of billions of reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll give you the beefti of the doubt and assume you're not a troll. Two things to answer your questions:

1 - The reason FF got the blame is because they were in charge of the state ans it's finances, not labour. The Ministers for Finace were McCreevey/Aherne/Cowen were, all of which were FF. Two of them were even Prime Ministers.

2 - FG don't get the blame for making a mess, because, well - they didn't make a mess, now did they?

There is no guanatee that if FF had been in place things would be on the upturn, what are you basing this on? What is different abotu them now from 2007?

As I said in a previous thread: If you hired a guy to look after your kids and he absued them, would you hire him again?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

ain't nobody got time for FF !!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

When was the last time FF didn't sell our future to buy an election ?

Here's a clue, the fuss over water meters and bin charges is a direct result of the promise to get rid of residential rates back in 1977

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'll give you the beefti of the doubt and assume you're not a troll. Two things to answer your questions:

2 - FG don't get the blame for making a mess, because, well - they didn't make a mess, now did they?

No , they stepped into the mess then walked it all over the floor . Anyway FG have said it was the people that caused the mess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Lets lighten the tone in here with a classic,come on everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FF 4 Eva

summerskin wrote: »
    bad troll is bad

Just because you don't like what somebody who supports Fianna Fail has to say, doesn't make it trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fina Gael cant

I wish someone would, I'm not fussy!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The only reason FG didn't make a mess of the country is because they weren't in power.If FG do anything worthy or achieve any benefit to the country it will be because they are being led by the hand by adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Anyway FG have said it was the people that caused the mess.
    Well, let's look at the role of 'de peeple':

1. Repeatedly voted in Fianna Fail, who cut the tax base so we were reliant on property transaction taxes, failed to appoint a competent bank regulator or central bank governor, and ignored all warnings about a property bubble ("go away and commit suicide").

2. Fought tooth and nail to outbid each other on houses of every description as they either panicked about 'missing the boat' or tried to cash in on the bubble, thus driving the price of property through the roof.

The Irish population wasn't entirely to blame, but they certainly played a role.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

kneemos wrote: »
    The only reason FG didn't make a mess of the country is because they weren't in power.If FG do anything worthy or achieve any benefit to the country it will be because they are being led by the hand by adults.
    I notice these days that those who support Fianna Failure can't admit it publicly, but they can certainly attack Labour and FG...

Advertisement