Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why all the Fianna Fail bashing on this forum?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

FF 4 Eva wrote: »
    Just because you don't like what somebody who supports Fianna Fail has to say, doesn't make it trolling.

Ok, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt so will you answer me one question honestly?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Anynama141 wrote: »
    Well, let's look at the role of 'de peeple':

1. Repeatedly voted in Fianna Fail, who cut the tax base so we were reliant on property transaction taxes, failed to appoint a competent bank regulator or central bank governor, and ignored all warnings about a property bubble ("go away and commit suicide").

2. Fought tooth and nail to outbid each other on houses of every description as they either panicked about 'missing the boat' or tried to cash in on the bubble, thus driving the price of property through the roof.

The Irish population wasn't entirely to blame, but they certainly played a role.

Good post. The Irish people are very much responsible for where we are but very few want to admit it. Easier to just blame someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Why do we hate Fianna Fail? Because we have souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I notice these days that those who support Fianna Failure can't admit it publicly, but they can certainly attack Labour and FG...

What I'm saying is that they all have made a mess of the place for the last ninty years which can be witnessed by our long tradition of emmigration and misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No , they stepped into the mess then walked it all over the floor . Anyway FG have said it was the people that caused the mess.

Big difference as opposed to making it. I'd agree with them in regard to that last sentence. See below:
    kneemos wrote: »
    The only reason FG didn't make a mess of the country is because they weren't in power.If FG do anything worthy or achieve any benefit to the country it will be because they are being led by the hand by adults.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

FG proposed a very conservative budget in 2002 under Noonan. It would have stopped the radical increase in spending and reduce borrowing. This was rejected by the electorate overwhelmingly and FG returned just got 31 seats.

In 07 it was spend, spend, spend. Perhaps slightly less from FG but by then the damage was done. Had FG got in in 07 we'd never see them as a political party again. The mess would have been "their fault" and we'd be looking at a FF majority at the moment. *shudders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

petes wrote: »
    Fianna Fail can suck my cock!!
    And they would, in return for a first preference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Because Fianna Fail are traitors to Ireland and bankrupted the country deliberatly to bailout their corrupt cronie banker and developer friends. They are a corrupt party of traitors to this nation. In my opinion it is an utter and total disgrace that they are even allowed remain as a political party when all their members should have got lifetime bans from politics and the entire cabinet of the previous government executed by hanging for treason. They are lucky it was Ireland not a different country because this is exactly what would happen to them.

Traitor scum is what Fianna Fail are, nothing but the worst type of lowlifes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just because you don't like what somebody who supports Fianna Fail has to say, doesn't make it trolling.

Your thread title implies you're at a loss as to the reasons why FF might receive flak from your fellow Citizens in AH.

Sorry but that just ain't plausible, hence why you're being labelled a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

It's all about local politics in the end. I'd much rather vote for the FF candidate in my area than the FG one.

The FG lad around here Michael Darcy for example, promised to try and support the abolishment of the Senate during one of his campaigns, then when he failed to get elected went and ran to be elected for guess where? The Senate. I wouldn't vote for that gangster ever, and if it means voting for FF then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    I'll give you the beefti of the doubt and assume you're not a troll.

Why on Earth would you do that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,265 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

A quarter of the electorate will still vote for the fcukers next election.

That's the depressing thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Cant believe somebody would start a thread asking such a question!! The reason everyone hates fianna fail is because such a huge portion of the people in this country are financially screwed because of them and their developer friends. Look at all the middle class people up to their teeth in mortgage debt and negative equity largely because of them. Im not a supporter of any of the politicians in this country because they ALL see it as a right to cream off the ordinary people to feather their own nests. Like I said in another thread on here we need a new party with credible.capable people not another shower of clowns just out to look after themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

shootie wrote: »
    It's all about local politics in the end. I'd much rather vote for the FF candidate in my area than the FG one.

The FG lad around here Michael Darcy for example, promised to try and support the abolishment of the Senate during one of his campaigns, then when he failed to get elected went and ran to be elected for guess where? The Senate. I wouldn't vote for that gangster ever, and if it means voting for FF then so be it.

Facepalm.

That's all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭shootie

Facepalm.

That's all.

Do you even vote bro?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fred Cohen

uch wrote: »
    Why indeed, maybe it's because the Geebags Fuked up our nice little country

Watch it now or they'll have you shot!

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/former-ff-councillor-oflynn-charged-over-triple-murder-plot-29108536.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Do you only have Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael candidates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Anynama141

Do you even vote bro?
    Nothing Fianna Failure ever did was more crooked than accept a seat in the Dail waiting room (the Seanad)?

Fair enough. Fianna Failure all the way so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

I don't bash them, I just want their heads on spikes, no personal attacks, no rants on where they are now, just heads on spikes or eyes gouged out. All of them to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail ....

Maybe people are just trying to straighten them out in such a way that they never become crooked again!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Why on Earth would you do that? :confused:

Because I'm a nice guy. And he came across as being more innocent and niave than malicious. A bit like a 4-year-old who can't understand why he has a bellyache and no sweets.

While true, most honest and knowledge FF supporters know the past history of their party, whereas you come across as not doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

I would hold Fianna Fail in the same distain as the infamous and equally hated Black and Tans. How any one of them still has the brass neck to speak or even appear in public beggers belief. Like another poster pointed out, these guys can thank their lucky stars that they live in Ireland rather than some oyher countries, then again thats why they exist in the first place. Only in Ireland would a bunch of politicans bring a country to its knees and still convince 25% of the electorate to still vote for them. Thats quite a lot of poor deluded souls.:mad:

washman3 wrote: »
    I would hold Fianna Fail in the same distain as the infamous and equally hated Black and Tans. How any one of them still has the brass neck to speak or even appear in public beggers belief. Like another poster pointed out, these guys can thank their lucky stars that they live in Ireland rather than some oyher countries, then again thats why they exist in the first place. Only in Ireland would a bunch of politicans bring a country to its knees and still convince 25% of the electorate to still vote for them. Thats quite a lot of poor deluded souls.:mad:

Poor deluded souls.. more like gob****es if you ask me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Xivilai

I for one am SHOCKED to find there is trolling going on here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo&noredirect=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

cd07 wrote: »
    Poor deluded souls.. more like gob****es if you ask me:D
    Exactly, and probably gob####es that gained financially from FFs policies when they were in power.;)

washman3 wrote: »
    Exactly, and probably gob####es that gained financially from FFs policies when they were in power.;)

Thats the way it goes in this country unfortunatly:(. way to many backhanders

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

bonzos wrote: »

John O`donoghue, what a complete and utter TOOL

• Advertisement

One of the things I've noticed on this forum is that Fianna Fail bashing seems to be prevalent, and not only prevalent but hip and trendy. Why is it so acceptable to bash Fianna Fail in comparison to say Labour. All the more ironic given that nearly every economic boom (and subsequent bust) and progressive legislation has been done and signed by Fianna Fail. While it's easy to bash FF for what they've done, just look at the mess Fine Gael and Labour have made of things. Had we still had Fianna Fail the economy would be on the upturn. Why is it so hard for so many here to accept that Fianna Fail are good for the country?

FYP

Advertisement