Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

She's not the first gay rose entrant, and hopefully not the last either. She's quite open about her sexuality & I don't anyone really cares roo much in this day & age

I read a comment on one of the facebook pages who had it as an article, and it said that they wondered if she would now be disqualified!

Give me strength....

nice to know some people are still stuck in the dark ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I read a comment on one of the facebook pages who had it as an article, and it said that they wondered if she would now be disqualified!

Give me strength....

nice to know some people are still stuck in the dark ages!

Yep, some obvious trolling going on esp, The Mirrors article I find

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

wow that was some match!! so close, I really though we had it at the end, but thankfully we have another go at it next week! Apparently its in Limerick!

wow that was some match!! so close, I really though we had it at the end, but thankfully we have another go at it next week! Apparently its in Limerick!

It is Limerick,
    I'd say Eamon gave the wrong halftime team talk, Mayo came out for the second half on fire & it was only the experience of guys like Sheehan & Donaghy that got us out of a hole.
    Genuinely, I don't see us making the same mistakes next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It is Limerick,
    I'd say Eamon gave the wrong halftime team talk, Mayo came out for the second half on fire & it was only the experience of guys like Sheehan & Donaghy that got us out of a hole.
    Genuinely, I don't see us making the same mistakes next week

Good to see Donaghy back. If he finds a bit of form he'll be some impact sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Yes of course.

But just in case anyone was offended, in my previous post I was attempting to make use of a satire, a technique often used to expose and criticize foolishness using humor, irony, or exaggeration.

I wish to publicly congratulate Maria on winning the lovely girls contest, I hope she has a great year in what ever she decides to do*.

*except if she decides to get married, as that is wrong, or if she decides to become a teacher as that is not on either...
    I thought it was obvious he was.

You better throw in a few winks & smiley faces or else you'll get sinbinned
    :)
    ;)
    ;)
    ;)

^^ these little feckers I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

kingdumb wrote: »
    <snip>
    *except if she decides to get married, as that is wrong, or if she decides to become a teacher as that is not on either...

It's like your reading my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

My theory is that anyone who is comfortable with their own sexuality (straight, gay, bi whatever) will not be uncomfortable about anyone elses.

It is an interesting news story alright regarding the Rose winner but I can only see it as a positive development. People always considered the RoT dated and twee...this kind of brings it into the 21st century!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

ongarboy wrote: »
    My theory is that anyone who is comfortable with their own sexuality (straight, gay, bi whatever) will not be uncomfortable about anyone elses.

It is an interesting news story alright regarding the Rose winner but I can only see it as a positive development. People always considered the RoT dated and twee...this kind of brings it into the 21st century!! :)

Problem is now that it become a 'gay festival' like they turned Eurovision into a gay event. Instead of the Rose parade we will have a lesbian pride parade and next year it will be Boy George headlining the street entertainment along with Erasure etc. F*ck that!

They should just move the ROT to Donegal and call it the Rose of Muff (diving).

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    Problem is now that it become a 'gay festival' like they turned Eurovision into a gay event. Instead of the Rose parade we will have a lesbian pride parade and next year it will be Boy George headlining the street entertainment along with Erasure etc. F*ck that!

Wouldn't mind a bit of Erasure, always liked them, I'm sure I still have my silver hotspots somewhere!

Lads, I know you are having a bit of 'laugh', but can you refrain from any further joking about this subject. It can offend people and not everyone will find your humour funny. We can't be seen to be giving off the idea that people are making fun of the LGBT community.
    Thanks
    MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Pitchforks down, fellas.

For Maria:

I remember when Ciarrai used to be fun, now she reminds me of Ted & Larry Crowe in Horans stopping people & frisking them for cans going into the disco.
    You used to be fun man, now you're like.....one of them! Bring back the Ciarrai we know & love dude.

I remember when Ciarrai used to be fun, now she reminds me of Ted & Larry Crowe in Horans stopping people & frisking them for cans going into the disco.
    You used to be fun man, now you're like.....one of them! Bring back the Ciarrai we know & love dude.

its not really funny though and I'm getting reports so I have to be seen to do something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ted was one sound guy!

Stopped me going in the door to a sessions tour one night for being slightly worse for wear.

I flew around to the back door, got to the top of the queue and there he was again. Smiled and waved me on!

Ted was one sound guy!

Stopped me going in the door to a sessions tour one night for being slightly worse for wear.

I flew around to the back door, got to the top of the queue and there he was again. Smiled and waved me on!

Ted was sound, although he tried to be all serious, but you'd always manage to get him to crack a smile!! I do remember him confiscating my 'ID' the week before I got my leaving cert results, I was not happy! Thankfully I got in the night of my results, but it was touch & go! lol I as 17, but looked a lot younger & could never get in anywhere! :( Those were the days when Horan's was good craic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Ted was sound, although he tried to be all serious, but you'd always manage to get him to crack a smile!! I do remember him confiscating my 'ID' the week before I got my leaving cert results, I was not happy! Thankfully I got in the night of my results, but it was touch & go! lol I as 17, but looked a lot younger & could never get in anywhere! :( Those were the days when Horan's was good craic!

I never had a problem with IDs. I used to import batches of them from the back of soccer magazines.

I was quite the entrepreneur during my junior cert.

I never had a problem with IDs. I used to import batches of them from the back of soccer magazines.

I was quite the entrepreneur during my junior cert.

I was actually 18 when I started 6th year so I was old enough to drink...,.but I didn't bother until I was 19 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

When I think of it, nearly everyone I knew at the time were all underage who went to it. It got to the stage then when you were actually 18, you were almost too old and started heading to the "grown ups" disco at the Brandon. I still remember my fake date of birth!! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

He could have wallpapered his living room with all the id's he confiscated from me. He used to take them off me and let me in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

xxyyzz wrote: »
    He could have wallpapered his living room with all the id's he confiscated from me. He used to take them off me and let me in anyway.

I heard that Ted died of cancer not so long ago. Its a real pity as he was still very young and and was a real nice guy overall that you could have the crack with even as he manhandled you out the door. I never had a run in with him but I imagine if I did he was the kind of guy you could approach on the street in the light of day and sort it out.

I heard that Ted died of cancer not so long ago. Its a real pity as he was still very young and and was a real nice guy overall that you could have the crack with even as he manhandled you out the door. I never had a run in with him but I imagine if I did he was the kind of guy you could approach on the street in the light of day and sort it out.

Yeah poor Ted passed away a few years ago now RIP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Recommend a dentist in tralee?

Need a crown and teeth whitening.

Two expensive treatments. I'm ok about cost. I want quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Tom Quilter in Ashe street. Meeting him at 3:(

I go to Marcus O'Domhnaill in Denny Street (beside Denny Lane). All his fees are listed on his website http://www.macdomhnailldental.ie/fees.html
    Ph: 066-7121457

• Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭acequion

Peter Moran,Day Place. I find him excellent and also very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

3 posts, 3 different recommendations! Rats, I was hoping that wouldn't happen!!

Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

3 posts, 3 different recommendations! Rats, I was hoping that wouldn't happen!!

Thanks though

Tom Quilter did get 3 recommendations though :)

• Advertisement

David O'Sullivan reopening Sugrue's butchers shop in Boherbee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement