Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Was reading this

http://traleetoday.ie/five-hidden-gems-wed-proud-show-tourists/

Quinlans? Ive never had the pleasure of been in there,anyone here been in there for daytime pints?

Good Guinness but you would nearly want to order it the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Sully34 wrote: »
    Good Guinness but you would nearly want to order it the day before

Thanks for the tip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 kimbaines

As far as i know the Aqua Dome does not rely on tax payers money. It has to operate at a profit or else it closes - No operating siubsidies are given to it unlike most other pools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

Just wondering if people here watch sky channel 191 on Wednesday @ 7.30?
    It's a program called County Matters and it's all about what's happening around the county.

It's a program called County Matters and it's all about what's happening around the county.

"No signal been received" when I put on that channel,the dish and wall mount are a bit rusty,might be time to get new one

Anyone here used HRI Services? They supply a aluminum rust proof dish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

"No signal been received" when I put on that channel,the dish and wall mount are a bit rusty,might be time to get new one

If your out of contract with sky ring them and ask for a new 1 if tgey say no say you woukd like to cancel and they will give you a new free dish and install

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

HRI are very expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Its also on freesat channel 400.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

yeah I got that dish..
    it works grand..no rust but wind will affect it a little more obviously

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Try e bay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Anyone know where I can buy a cheap laptop charger for a HP Pavilion DV6000?:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

murdig wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can buy a cheap laptop charger for a HP Pavilion DV6000?:)

try PC Solutions in Castle Street. They do chargers, so he might have the one you are looking for! I need a new one myself!

New men's clothes shop in town,

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/new-mens-clothing-shop-opens-in-tralee/

If the quality of clothes is anything like the quality of suits in Suits Select then they are on to a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

New men's clothes shop in town,

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/new-mens-clothing-shop-opens-in-tralee/

If the quality of clothes is anything like the quality of suits in Suits Select then they are on to a winner.

Heard them mention it this morning on Radio Kerry News and the '2 jobs' created!! In fairness is this really news?? Or is someone with some connections getting free advertsing off Radio Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

kn wrote: »
    Heard them mention it this morning on Radio Kerry News and the '2 jobs' created!! In fairness is this really news?? Or is someone with some connections getting free advertsing off Radio Kerry?
    Anything opening in the town should be seen as a good thing/good news. There are too many places closing down in there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »

I would say it's just trying to have a positive story of a new business opening rather than the opposite! Looks like a nice shop too, pity it's only for men though :(

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I would say it's just trying to have a positive story of a new business opening rather than the opposite! Looks like a nice shop too, pity it's only for men though :(

Yeah, it's such a pity there aren't any women's clothing stores in town ;)

Yeah, it's such a pity there aren't any women's clothing stores in town ;)

not enough!! you need to be 18 & a size 6 to shop in most of them! :rolleyes:

it would have been nice to see some women's wear in 'Official' too though! The mens stuff in there is nice!

not enough!! you need to be 18 & a size 6 to shop in most of them! :rolleyes:

it would have been nice to see some women's wear in 'Official' too though! The mens stuff in there is nice!

Anyone know what the breakdown in clothing stores in the town center is? It must be 2 or 3 to 1 I'd think
    As far as I'm aware, upstairs in Shaws caters for the more.....mature woman shall we say :D

Anyone know what the breakdown in clothing stores in the town center is? It must be 2 or 3 to 1 I'd think
    As far as I'm aware, upstairs in Shaws caters for the more.....mature woman shall we say :D

Shaw's is just as you said, for the more mature woman!! although in saying that, Dorothy Perkins is upstairs, and its not a bad shop! I would like to see it in its own store though, same as in Killarney. It doesn't suit Shaw's!

I'd say there are a lot more women's clothing/footwear shops in Tralee, than men's, but there has been a few more men's shops pop up in the last few years, which is a good thing. I think A-Wear was a big loss to the town, still a shame to see it gone after it was open for so long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Haven't been to Suits Select but I find the clothes in Paraffin a bit...meh! I much prefer what DV8 or Jack'n'Jones offer. Is this new store a bit more upmarket than Paraffin? (ie not dominated by hoodies)?

Speaking of new openings, Brookfield College is relocating from Collis Sandes house near Nuns Wood to the new 3 storey office building constructed in Monavalley opposite FAS. Nice to see empty units in the town occupied.

I wonder what will become of Collis Sandes - I think it would make a lovely boutique hotel - lots of character and period features in a great setting.

ongarboy wrote: »
    Haven't been to Suits Select but I find the clothes in Paraffin a bit...meh! I much prefer what DV8 or Jack'n'Jones offer. Is this new store a bit more upmarket than Paraffin? (ie not dominated by hoodies)?

Speaking of new openings, Brookfield College is relocating from Collis Sandes house near Nuns Wood to the new 3 storey office building constructed in Monavalley opposite FAS. Nice to see empty units in the town occupied.

I wonder what will become of Collis Sandes - I think it would make a lovely boutique hotel - lots of character and period features in a great setting.

that's actually not a bad idea! it would be perfect for something like that, just needs someone with the cash!

I think that shop Official has more actual brands, bit similar to DV8 I think.

that's actually not a bad idea! it would be perfect for something like that, just needs someone with the cash!

I think that shop Official has more actual brands, bit similar to DV8 I think.

Hopefully it has better luck than DV8

Hopefully it has better luck than DV8

do you mean D3, that was on Ashe St?
    DV8 is in Abbey Court, next to Jack & Jones

do you mean D3, that was on Ashe St?
    DV8 is in Abbey Court, next to Jack & Jones

Oops, yes indeed, sorry, it's past my bedtime

Sad to hear of the death of 45 year old Tralee man Dermot Quinn from Brewery road. He had been missing in Spain since January but his body was recovered earlier this week. Hopefully the recovery will provide some closure to his family as the agony of a missing loved one must surely be harder to bear? RIP and thoughts with family, particularly his wife and 2 kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭dashdoll

I think Manor hotel is meant to have a good pool/gym. The pool in the complex is a great pool, but it would be quite busy as it has lots of schools using it as well as swimming clubs. There is also a pool in the Brandon hotel.

Hi all,

Thinking of joining here (manor west hotel) pretty much just for the pool as they have good deals on and looking for somewhere quiet. Would be interested in a few more opinions on this place if anyone has any info? Is it busy/quiet? Mainly an older or younger crowd? What are lifeguards/instructors like or are you pretty much left to your own devices?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

dashdoll wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thinking of joining here (manor west hotel) pretty much just for the pool as they have good deals on and looking for somewhere quiet. Would be interested in a few more opinions on this place if anyone has any info? Is it busy/quiet? Mainly an older or younger crowd? What are lifeguards/instructors like or are you pretty much left to your own devices?

Thanks!

I like it there, can be quiet busy at times
    Regarding lifeguards/instructors, they leave you to your own devices unless you want their help

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭dashdoll

g1983d wrote: »
    I like it there, can be quiet busy at times
    Regarding lifeguards/instructors, they leave you to your own devices unless you want their help

Great, thanks. I presume it was usualearly morning and after work times when its busiest?

• Advertisement

Now this is a feel good story that will demonstrate Tralee's civic pride. Let's hope the town does well out of it. Even if they don't win, the town will still look great!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/tralee-gets-into-bloom-for-top-eu-environment-competition-272214.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement