Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netherlands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭HardyBuckFan

Ta
    As stated i am a qualified accountant with 10 years experience, not sure how much in demand that would be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Ta
    As stated i am a qualified accountant with 10 years experience, not sure how much in demand that would be!

Sorry, maybe check the multinationals around Brabant then: NXP, Phillips, ASML. Monster.nl should turn something up too, but start learning Dutch ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

I am about to rent an apartment in Eindhoven - one month's rent, one month's deposit and an agency fee equal to one month's rent. Is this correct? Seems excessive. 3000 euro just to move if the rent is a 1000 a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

leavingirl wrote: »
    I am about to rent an apartment in Eindhoven - one month's rent, one month's deposit and an agency fee equal to one month's rent. Is this correct? Seems excessive. 3000 euro just to move if the rent is a 1000 a month.

Unfortunately it does sound about right.

But there is something about agents fees.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

According to the law they are only allowed to charge you the agency fee if they found the apartment for you. So if you approached an agency and said 'find me an apartment' and they did. otherwise they are not allowed to charge you an agency fee. There's a dept in the Gemeente in Amsterdam that helps tenants get the agency fees back (and any other illegal things in your contract such as charging for furniture that's more than x years old, charging for bills as part of the rent but never producing an annual rekening etc) if you contact her i'm sure she can put you onto her Eindhoven counterpart! She's trying to get my rent reduced for me at the moment!
    pm me if you want her contact details

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Had a second interview yesterday for a job here in Gelderland and then was phoned later on, to be told I had got it. Ik ben nog heeeel blij! :D

Now begins the fun of getting a BSN, zorgverzekering, een bankrekening etc etc.

Are there any laundry services in Eindhoven? Hard to find somewhere I can just go in and easy my clothes

Are there any laundry services in Eindhoven? Hard to find somewhere I can just go in and easy my clothes

http://www.wasserijdewasbeer.nl/

From a quick googling.

pajor wrote: »

From a quick googling.

Thanks. Their opening hours are ridiculous though. I found one from the net that is near me it turned out they only do dry cleaning. Doubt I can find one tomorrow!

It seems that a massive detour is the only to get from Eindhoven to Brussels airport on a Friday evening. It's only 120km away but the bus routes available involve multiple changes. Anyone familiar with the train or bus service between the two?

• Advertisement

It seems that a massive detour is the only to get from Eindhoven to Brussels airport on a Friday evening. It's only 120km away but the bus routes available involve multiple changes. Anyone familiar with the train or bus service between the two?

nsinternational.nl for international trains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

take a bus from Eindhoven airport to Antwerp.
    http://www.eindhovenairport.com/en/accessibility/other-bus-services/
    Then a train from Antwerp to Brussels airport.
    http://www.belgianrail.be/

Having some difficulty getting myself registered into the BRP. Gemeente says that birth cert isn't proof enough of identity.

Where do I request something more official, Dept of Social Protection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Having some difficulty getting myself registered into the BRP. Gemeente says that birth cert isn't proof enough of identity.

Where do I request something more official, Dept of Social Protection?

Ugh .... your Passport?

Ugh .... your Passport?

Nope. They need to know 'who I am.' Information about parents, hospital I was born in etc. But birth cert wasn't official enough. :confused:

They already took a photocopy of my passport.

Nope. They need to know 'who I am.' Information about parents, hospital I was born in etc. But birth cert wasn't official enough. :confused:

We had the same problem I think, the birth certs we had needed an "apostille" stamp. Is your birth cert the long version?

Oh they told me my birth cert needed a stamp as well but she decided to process me and i could come back with the stamp later! Needless to say I never did

• Registered Users Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Oh they told me my birth cert needed a stamp as well but she decided to process me and i could come back with the stamp later! Needless to say I never did

I did that as well, went back with the stamped birthcert when i needed something else done. I had been an orphan for 5 years apparently.

Ok, then you need an Apostille stamp on your Birth Cert from the department of foreign affairs.

We had the same problem I think, the birth certs we had needed an "apostille" stamp. Is your birth cert the long version?

Yeah it is. The gemeente are quite insistent on the paper being official and watermarked though. The stamp itself won't be enough apparently.

• Advertisement

Have you been to the immigration office yet?

Have you been to the immigration office yet?

Where? My gemeente?

Did everything so far with burgerzaken at the gemeente kantoor.

It's about 8 years ago now but we definitely had to go to the immigration office in Den Haag, as well as to the Gemeente. Registering with a Gemeente is one thing, you will need to do that whenever your municipality changes, registering in the country is something different. Lots of people think you only have to do it if you're non- EU but unless the rules have changed significantly you also have to do it if EU. It was near the Gemeente Museum in Den Haag but as far as I know it's moved out to Rijswijk now.

Another thing you may need to consider is that you'll have to go to the Births, Deaths and Marriages offices where you come from and get re- issues of the cert. I had to do that at a tenner a pop for my trouble. Later I went to Dublin (Department of Foreign Affairs) to get everything apostille-d. It's hassle but you're best off getting it all done in the one go to save yourself trouble later. We weren't registered as married in NL for about a year after our wedding because of all the hoops we had to jump through. On the Irish side as well as the Dutch.

Gf says that going to Den Haag is just not necessary anymore. I think it all has a lot to do with that our gemeente are sorta useless.

I know now that I do need to get a copy of my birth cert issued and then apostilled alright. A quick google shows me that birth certs are now more 'official' looking (harp watermark etc) than they were even in 1992. :pac:

It's very low on my list of priorities though atm. Picked out a car last Saturday and picking it up this Saturday. Garage is RDW approved, but they weren't sure if they could transfer the kenteken at that garage with my Irish driving licence. Otherwise I need to go to the post office, no biggy if I need to. Anyone know if the garage should be able to do it?

I think you need to go to the post office alright.

I know now that I do need to get a copy of my birth cert issued and then apostilled alright. A quick google shows me that birth certs are now more 'official' looking (harp watermark etc) than they were even in 1992. :pac:

You should show them your pink irish driver's licence.
    That should convince them :D

Gf says that going to Den Haag is just not necessary anymore. I think it all has a lot to do with that our gemeente are sorta useless.

It's very low on my list of priorities though atm. Picked out a car last Saturday and picking it up this Saturday. Garage is RDW approved, but they weren't sure if they could transfer the kenteken at that garage with my Irish driving licence. Otherwise I need to go to the post office, no biggy if I need to. Anyone know if the garage should be able to do it?

You can do it at an RDW Office or RDW Station (Might be a Garage)

But because you don't have a Dutch Driving license you need an extract from the BRP also
    Andere geldige legitimatiedocumenten
    In plaats van met het Nederlandse rijbewijs of paspoort mag u zich bij het overschrijven van een kentekenbewijs of invoeren van een voertuig ook legitimeren met de onderstaande documenten (dit kan alleen bij RDW-keuringsstations of RDW-balies) :

een identiteitskaart of rijbewijs uit een EU- of EVA-land met daarop uw geboortedatum*
    een diplomatiek paspoort*
    een Nederlands reisdocument voor vreemdelingen*
    een Nederlands reisdocument voor vluchtelingen*
    een dienstpaspoort*
    een buitenlands paspoort*
    * Naast het legitimatiebewijs moet u ook een uittreksel uit de Basisregistratie Personen (BRP) overhandigen met daarop het BSN. Het uittreksel is verkrijgbaar bij uw gemeente en mag niet ouder zijn dan 3 maanden. Bij een diplomatiek paspoort mag het ook een verklaring van het ministerie van Buitenlandse Zaken zijn.

https://www.rdw.nl/Particulier/Paginas/Legitimeren-bij-kopen,-keuren-en-invoeren.aspx

https://www.rdw.nl/Particulier/Paginas/Basisregistratie-Personen.aspx?Path=Portal/Particulier/Auto/Kopen

Costs 13.50 at the Gemeente Den Haag, it's valid for 3 months.
    http://www.denhaag.nl/home/bewoners/loket/burgerzaken/to/Standaarduittreksel.htm

You can do it at an RDW Office or RDW Station (Might be a Garage)

But because you don't have a Dutch Driving license you need an extract from the BRP also

I have the extract from BRP, got it when I registered with the gemeente.

It was just that the guy in the garage wasn't sure about being able to process the kenteken change, cos the Irish driving licence number contains letters..

I got the impression they don't exactly handle many foreign licences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Happy Kings day Everybody!!

Weekend is kicking off here already. Slutty nurse uniforms and being pissed by 1pm seem to be the order of the day here :)

If your can't beat them join them

• Advertisement

Any suggestions on which company to choose for basispakket zorgverzekering?

All sort of seems to be the same..

Advertisement