Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Les Kiss, realistic long term successor to Kidney?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Kiss as head coach?? personally I think it would be a disaster considering his performance as defence/attack/Backs and whatever duties he's had since the 2009 slam. I'd like to see Kiss go back to what he does best, and that's Ireland defence coach under a new manager, he's got a past relationship with McKenzie also.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Kayless

I have been tuning into most of the coverage regarding Kidney and a couple of things have struck me David Wallace said Kidney would never get angry at the players and only let his anger out when it matter most, to me this could be interpreted as weak leadership another thing is how Kidney said he depend on the likes of Kiss to help him as he had his own "shortcomings" the more I look at this the more it seems that the people to blame for Ireland's performance over the last number of years are still in a job I just hope the IRFU don't decided to keep Kiss as I feel he's as much to blame as Kidney

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

It's a very confusing poll!

Really glad to see that post. Was surprised to see your name there alongside JM08...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Kidney (supposedly) doesn't so much actual coaching so Kiss and Smal have to bear quite a lot of blame for our poor play over the years. He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

No
    leftleg wrote: »
    repent repent yee heretics

hF8620344
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    Kidney (supposedly) doesn't so much actual coaching so Kiss and Smal have to bear quite a lot of blame for our poor play over the years. He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he deserves the job.

This.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

No
    I'm pretty certain I voted no to Kiss as Ireland coach, but the poll seems to say differently. I think this is down to voting via mobile. It's happened before.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No
    I'm pretty certain I voted no to Kiss as Ireland coach, but the poll seems to say differently. I think this is down to voting via mobile. It's happened before.

Yeah I thought I had voted no as well, and also did it via mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

Hmmmm. The waters seem to have got a bit muddied here so let's try to make it clearer, shall we?

LES KISS IS NOT A REALISTIC LONG TERM SUCCESSOR TO DECLAN KIDNEY.

If anyone can make even one coherent argument to the contrary, I'll be shocked.

Anyone? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

No
    jm08 wrote: »
    White. Only proven international coach. Schmidt hasn't even played international rugby or assisted on an international team so it would be a big challenge for him.

White has distanced himself from it.

Who would you have after him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I know what is going on. The IRFU are now controlling boards.ie . I've seen this before..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Seph503

Yeah I thought I had voted no as well, and also did it via mobile.

Don't act all innocent, you're committed now :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭willit

No
    leftleg wrote: »
    Yes
    achtungbarry, ArmaniJeanss, bilston, Brian_Zeluz, CKonetheonlyone, darragh_haven, decisions, delta_bravo, Dravokivich, Dunder Mifflin, gcgirl, Grandpa Hassan, irishbucsfan, Jarren, jm08, LeinsterDub, Lelantos, lemansky, Midlife Crashes, MikeCork2009, Millem, molloyjh, MonsterMob, Parawhore.xD, postitnote, RandolphEsq, Redsock, RoutineBites, sydthebeat, willit, Zyzz

I honestly thought I voted the other way. Can't imagine why I would have voted for Kiss as it's the opposite of what I want to happen. Not that I have anything against Kiss, just want to see a complete new regime. White with Eddie Jones for me in an ideal world. Lived in Australia for 4 years in the 00's when McKenzie was boss of the Warratahs and he didn't really impress me. What he ha done with the Reds I impressive but a bad spell with the 'Tahs and a bad spell on France versus a good spell with the Reds; after Kidney is that what we really want?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

No
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who got the poll wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

No
    willit wrote: »
    I honestly thought I voted the other way.

So that's 4 5 (just saw decisions post) of us that voted via mobile who reckon we voted No but it came through as a Yes. Something is definitely afoot here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Simple solution, so your voting on your PC :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

No
    molloyjh wrote: »
    So that's 4 5 (just saw decisions post) of us that voted via mobile who reckon we voted No but it came through as a Yes. Something is definitely afoot here.

And the pie chart is wonky.

For those not on mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

decisions wrote: »
    And the pie chart is wonky.

For those not on mobile

my avater got in there too , definitely wonky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

jm08 wrote: »
    It could also finish their coaching career and why the likes of O'Shea will avoid like the plague.

It took Jake White 5 years after winning a world cup to get a job.

In regards to the first point, nothing ventured nothing gained. Yes if Schmidt or Cotter took the Ireland job and went poorly that might hinder their AB-coaching aspirations...on the other hand if they coached Ireland to victory over NZ in November...

In regards to the second point, I'm not sure what you're trying to say? That winning a RWC is bad for career prospects? White has always been in hot demand post 2007, and I would say it was more a case of him being choosy in what job he went for. I'd agree he'd find it hard to get a gig in SA again, but otherwise he'd be a popular choice for a lot of clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Joe Hart

Gatland getting the boot from the Irish job didn't do him any harm. A good coach will always get more chances.

Advertisement