Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cameron to curb welfare entitlements for migrants - Should Ireland follow suit?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Your narrowmindedness irks me, and I will now exit the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Prodigious wrote: »
    Your narrowmindedness irks me, and I will now exit the thread.

Thats it run for cover, have you lost the debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

SWL wrote: »
    Asylum seekers should come from war torn countries but in Ireland they do not, in fact I guarantee you that 100% of Irish people irrespective of their views have no problem supporting (with housing welfare, education opportunities) genuine asylum seekers in controlled numbers. That is not the case in Ireland; the fourth highest minority group in Ireland are Nigerians, higher than the combinedtotal number of some EU countries that have had access to Ireland since 1973 and 1992, and it is beyond comical.

Ireland will do anything to be loved its my biggest pet hate about the Country, if that means providing social housing to every citizen from every country in the world then so be it, given the restrictions on non-EU visa I am surprised so many qualify for social housing, no Irish politician has the balls to even debate the issue of mass immigration, too late for Cameron and the UK their Country has changed.

My partner who works aboard (and lived here for 8 years with me) refuses to visit me in Ireland, she has been adamant that we move home to Sweden especially if we are starting a family and I finally agreed, over the last six weeks I have finally realised she was right all along, Ireland is going nowhere it simply going around in circles, its not a Country run for its citizens, same faces, same policies, same outcome, same emigration, same fools left running the show making the same mistakes over and over.

25% of the new borns are foreign born and people still cannot discuss the negatives associated with mass immigration, only the positive can be discussed of which there are many.

Anyway it’s not longer my problem I won’t be paying for it or paying for the mistakes to support bondholder etc. Possibly my last post on boards as I fly home on Monday so Slan.

The funny thing is the facts don't support your assertions. Nigeria is not the 4th largest nationality in Ireland, it is as follows England & Wales 212k NI 58k Poland 115 k Lithuania 38k United States 27k Latvia 19989 and then Nigeria 19780.

The idea that we have uncontrolled immigration when the UK and EU make up 555k out of 766k the figures are here http://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/population/personsusuallyresidentandpresentinthestateoncensusnightclassifiedbyplaceofbirthandagegroup/

BTW Sweeden has a large Somali, Turkish and Iraqi population, as a percentage I believe way more than in ireland so why you moving there then.

The total number of Nigerians in ireland is 20k the total number of Iraqi's who moved to Sweeden in 2007 alone was more than 15k.

"After three years of decreasing numbers of individuals naturalising, 9.9 percent more obtained Swedish citizenship compared to 2009. A total of 32,457 became Swedish, with slightly more women taking citizenship. Most of those who became Swedish were Iraqi citizens, just as in 2009."

From http://www.thelocal.se/32138/20110218/#.UVYI8csgGK0

Ireland had less than a thousand people seeking Asylum in 2012 Sweeden on the other hand http://www.scb.se/Pages/TableAndChart____118098.aspx

Run for cover? Hardly. The ignorance of a few are dragging the thread down.

1. You are calling all foreign nationals asylum seekers.
    2. You have some imaginary vision of Ireland and its people as hard working, honourable people.
    3. You have no appreciation of culture or diversity.
    4. You are attempting to offload the blame of this country's problems on a minority.
    5. You are clearly a racist at heart.

Goodbye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Thats it run for cover, have you lost the debate?
    There was no debate just inane racist rabble rousing rantings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

People are sick of freeloaders coming into the country getting free bed and board three meals a day and allowances for their kids to go to school while you have families struggling to make ends meet.
    i know, shur we have enough with the irish freeloaders, oh wait, shur the irish would never do such a thing

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

2. You have some imaginary vision of Ireland and its people as hard working, honourable people.
    4. You are attempting to offload the blame of this country's problems on a minority.

Goodbye.

Incorrect on all counts, you are reading what you WISH I had said not what I said.

On your second point you have a very very low perception of Irsh people, a view I certainly don't share.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WayneMolloy

Goodbye.

1- Nope.
    2-They mostly are.
    3-What cultural benefits, other than the restaurants, have the majority of immigrants brought to the country?
    4-Nope. Even the brits are copping onto to this mass immigration crap.
    5-lol

Go off and have a good cry.

i know, shur we have enough with the irish freeloaders, oh wait, shur the irish would never do such a thing

Lets import other countries freeloaders too! Genius.

1- Nope.
    2-They mostly are.
    3-What cultural benefits, other than the restaurants, have the majority of immigrants brought to the country?
    5-lol

Go off and have a good cry.
    Now theres a word that sums up your posts
    And btw we dont have mass immigration

• Advertisement

Is David Cameron a racist?

Is David Cameron a racist?
    You clearly are, Cameron is not posting here, good to see you hero worshipping a toffee nosed old etonian snob, looks like your more English than your masters!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

youtube! wrote: »
    Asylum seekers are not the issue here but more the immigrants who decide to stay on when they have no work. I am talking about legal not illegal because illegals won't get anything anyway.
    Exactly. The asylum seeker debate is a red herring. The main drain on the system would be EU citizens who are entitled to claim benefits in this state.

You clearly are, Cameron is not posting here, good to see you hero worshipping a toffee nosed old etonian snob, looks like your more English than your masters!

That is not very tolerant.

The funny thing is the facts don't support your assertions. Nigeria is not the 4th largest nationality in Ireland, it is as follows England & Wales 212k NI 58k Poland 115 k Lithuania 38k United States 27k Latvia 19989 and then Nigeria 19780.

The idea that we have uncontrolled immigration when the UK and EU make up 555k out of 766k the figures are here http://www.cso.ie/en/statistics/population/personsusuallyresidentandpresentinthestateoncensusnightclassifiedbyplaceofbirthandagegroup/

BTW Sweeden has a large Somali, Turkish and Iraqi population, as a percentage I believe way more than in ireland so why you moving there then.

The total number of Nigerians in ireland is 20k the total number of Iraqi's who moved to Sweeden in 2007 alone was more than 15k.

"After three years of decreasing numbers of individuals naturalising, 9.9 percent more obtained Swedish citizenship compared to 2009. A total of 32,457 became Swedish, with slightly more women taking citizenship. Most of those who became Swedish were Iraqi citizens, just as in 2009."

From http://www.thelocal.se/32138/20110218/#.UVYI8csgGK0

Ireland had less than a thousand people seeking Asylum in 2012 Sweeden on the other hand http://www.scb.se/Pages/TableAndChart____118098.aspx

I was taking the UK as one nation, I saw a figure of 63k for Nigeria,maybe it was the total number of Africans, I am moving to Sweden because I am Swedish and the Country is better run than Ireland,it took the best part of 10 plus years to realise this. Ireland has no immigration controls the arrival of 300k accession citizens in less than 18 months proves this as does the 80k sitting on the dole.

As for the rest of your points feel free to visit Sweden and see things for yourself. Sweden is not the Country many people believe.

As I have already said no longer my problem enjoying paying.

Keep them coming you really are adding to the quality of debate here.

That is not very tolerant.
    Well then you should feel at home with it as intolerance seems to be your strongest if not your only suit.

Did you sign up to boards just to push your racist agenda?

Well then you should feel at home with it as intolerance seems to be your strongest if not your only suit.

I dont tolerate freeloaders.

What quango are you aligned to?

I was taking the UK as one nation, I saw a figure of 63k for Nigeria,maybe it was the total number of Africans, I am moving to Sweden because I am Swedish and the Country is better run than Ireland,it took the best part of 10 plus years to realise this. Ireland has no immigration controls the arrival of 300k accession citizens in less than 18 months proves this as does the 80k sitting on the dole.

As for the rest of your points feel free to visit Sweden and see things for yourself. Sweden is not the Country many people believe.

As I have already said no longer my problem enjoying paying.

The irony a immigrant making complaint about immigration in a country he is not even from. I would say that Irish but then again your not. If you believe Sweden is better run you could well be correct, and enjoy your life there.

• Advertisement

The irony a immigrant making complaint about immigration in a country he is not even from. I would say that Irish but then again your not. If you believe Sweden is better run you could well be correct, and enjoy your life there.

Your intolerance is showing. Just like mr coyotes. After ten years here the poster may well be an Irish citizen.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teatreeshamble

If you migrate to another country, pay your way and respect the law of the land. I dont really care about integration and your religous beliefs.

Cant pay your way - slan leat.

Other than in the UK, where would an Irish lad be able to move to another country, work a minimum wage job and got hooked up with a nice free abode?

We are broke. We cant house anyone and everyone who rocks on up here.

Integration or religous beliefs - what are you on about?
    If someone has paid PRSI, then they should get whatever paying PRSI gets every and anybody, regardless of their birth nation. If change is called for, it should be across the board, targeting freeloaders, regardless of where they were born. If they're not contributing to society, they shouldn't get priority for housing. I'd much rather see a low wage earner(who works 40hr) get a house rather than a lazy Irish fcuk who just couldn't be arsed working get it. Being Irish shouldn't entitle you to jack **** in this country. Being a tax payer should.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

25% of the new borns are foreign born and people still cannot discuss the negatives associated with mass immigration, only the positive can be discussed of which there are many.
    i'm afraid bubba the days of ireland for the irish and england for the english are long gone, hay so is america for the americans, people emigrate and migrate, if you have a problem with it tuff, infact by the sounds of it you came from another country to here so i don't see what your problem is, if your talking about those screwing the system then yes i completely agree the full force of the law should be put up on them no matter where they are from.
    Anyway it’s not longer my problem I won’t be paying for it or paying for the mistakes to support bondholder etc. Possibly my last post on boards as I fly home on Monday so Slan.
    bye then

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Your intolerance is showing. Just like mr coyotes.

Where is my intolerance. I pointed out irony where did I say he had no right to be here, work here, collect welfare here. I even said he could be correct about his view if his own country and wished him luck in his choice to go home. How was anything I said intolerance.

Even if he has a Irish passport it does not take away that he is an immigrant bashing immigration go figure if you think that intolerant.

If your head wasn't so perfectly aligned with your arse maybe you'd be able to take it out and see some sense.
    Your intolerance is showing. Just like mr coyotes. After ten years here the poster may well be an Irish citizen.

Not just a racist, a hypocrite too? Congratulations.

The Irish

Integration or religous beliefs - what are you on about?
    If someone has paid PRSI, then they should get whatever paying PRSI gets every and anybody, regardless of their birth nation. If change is called for, it should be across the board, targeting freeloaders, regardless of where they were born. If they're not contributing to society, they shouldn't get priority for housing. I'd much rather see a low wage earner(who works 40hr) get a house rather than a lazy Irish fcuk who just couldn't be arsed working get it. Being Irish shouldn't entitle you to jack **** in this country. Being a tax payer should.

Being Irish should entitle you to jack sh*t in Ireland lol. The whole point of the nation state is to look after its citizens. That is its sole, and most important, purpose.

If you move to another country and need the country to provide you with housing - then you shouldnt really be in that country in the first place. If I moved to another nation, I dont think id have the balls to ask for a free abode - fair play to anyone that does. But they cant get miffed when some of us call it like it is. Freeloading in a foreign country.

Being Irish should entitle you to jack sh*t in Ireland lol. The whole point of the nation state is to look after its citizens. That is its sole, and most important, purpose.

If you move to another country and need the country to provide you with housing - then you shouldnt really be in that country in the first place. If I moved to another nation, I dont think id have the balls to ask for a free abode - fair play to anyone that does. But they cant get miffed when some of us call it like it is. Freeloading in a foreign country.

Can you tell me where these free abodes are, I know of no house that is free to its occupant, unless we are talking about the president's home. But everyone in social housing pays rent.

BTW this circular puts a lot if what has been said on this thread in context, http://www.environ.ie/en/Publications/DevelopmentandHousing/Housing/FileDownLoad,29412,en.pdf

Some interesting info

All EEA nationals may be considered for assessment for social housing support from housing authorities if;
    1) they are in employment/self-employed in the State; or
    2) where they are not currently working/employed it is because -
     they are temporarily unable to work because of illness/accident;
     they are recorded as involuntarily unemployed after having been employed for longer than
    a year, and they are registered as a job-seeker with Department of Social Protection and
    FÁS.4

"The Brits" of course have famously always been overwhelmingly pro-immigration.

• Advertisement

The whole point of the nation state is to look after its citizens. That is its sole, and most important, purpose.

How very left-wing of you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement