Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Korea v USA Mega Merge.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

pockets3d wrote: »
    A picture of a rocket was taken on 20th. Today they made the threat that they'd use the rockets in an attack

All weapons are there for a threat.
    I just think this thread is BS.

There was a thread a few months ago about North Korea and alot of people were just saying it's only Sabre Rattling ... :rolleyes:

Sabre Rattling eventually leads to a "put up or shut up" moment (or whatever expression you want to use) Now last month with North Korea it was nuclear missles, this month its this ... whats next month going to be about?

This shit can escalate.

No it can't.
    War games is all they are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

TheUsual wrote: »
    No it can't.

How do you know where this will lead to? :confused:

Let's look back to the wars of the past. No two governments woke up one morning and said "hey, lets go to war!" - no, s*it escalated and escalated and escalated. No one is saying come dinner time tomorrow a war will be on but how do you know this is all crap? :confused:

You seem to 'know' alot. How about giving me tomorrow's euromillions numbers if you know it all? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

TheUsual wrote: »
    No it can't.

Odd that no it can't statement

Russian military has be put on combat readiness footing,
    And this isn't planned as part of a games scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How do you know where this will lead to? :confused:

Let's look back to the wars of the past. No two governments woke up one morning and said "hey, lets go to war!" - no **** escalated and escalated and escalated. No one is saying come dinner time tomorrow a war will be on but how do you know this is all crap? :confused:

You seem to 'know' alot. How about giving me tomorrow's euromillions numbers if you know it all? :rolleyes:

Come on get real will you. It's all willy waving by NK, anyone can see that. The US are just showing them they are watching. If anything kicks off it will go nuclear and that's the reason it won't kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gatling wrote: »
    Odd that no it can't statement

Russian military has be put on combat readiness footing,
    And this isn't planned as part of a games scenario

All media hype because nothing is happening this weekend. In fairness Russia does not have much to put on readiness. Their last little conflict didn't go to well a few years ago. They caused as much damage to themselves as the enemy did. Their army and airforce both didn't know what the other was doing most of the time and ended up targeting each other ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I don't think the US are messing this time, I think there will be war, if not in the next few days certainly in the next few months I reckon China is going mad at the N Koreans currently. the US identified the 3 countries it was going to take out nearly 20 years ago, their polic has been pretty consistant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

This is surely just more dickswinging from NK. They've been at this carry-on for years.

There's no way they're going to attack US bases as to do so would be suicidal. And China will not back them on this, not a hope. Can't see the Chinese fancying a war with the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Come on get real will you. It's all willy waving by NK, anyone can see that. The US are just showing them they are watching. If anything kicks off it will go nuclear and that's the reason it won't kick off.

FFS did you even read my post? :rolleyes:

But what you just said is Deterrence. Let's scroll back the clock to pre World War 1. On one side you had the British, French and the Russians - On the other you had the Germans and the austro-hungarians. To quote the famous lines from Blackadder "both were to act as each others deterrent... but there was a tiny flaw in the plan .... it was bollocks!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This north korea stuff is really taking the eye off the Iran and israel situation that is seriously going south over the past week.Seems everyone is talking nuclear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Have a good read of this, It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, Imagine having to live listening to that cráp from your own government...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

charlemont wrote: »
    http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Have a good read of this, It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, Imagine having to live listening to that cráp from your own government...

Interesting bedtime reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Can't see the US using nukes against North Korea, as I can't imagine that the South Koreans, Japanese or the Chinese would be too impressed by clouds of nuclear fallout being blown over their countries.

The backlash in South Korea and Japan would be mainly in the form of public opinion, but China might use the incident to take firmer action in retaliation and they do have a range of economic and military options at their disposal.

On the other hand, the resumption of war on the Korean peninsula, wouldn't be welcome either, especially with their existing US military commitments in Afghanistan. Any such conflict could also have serious repercussions for shipping in the region, with such vessels proving to be easy targets for North Korean attacks.

Would a solely diplomatic response from the US to North Korean aggression be enough to satisfy American domestic opinion though? It probably depends on the extent of any attack, the damage done and the number of casualties. Tough decisions ahead !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

heyjude wrote: »
    Can't see the US using nukes against North Korea, as I can't imagine that the South Koreans, Japanese or the Chinese would be too impressed by clouds of nuclear fallout being blown over their countries.

The backlash in South Korea and Japan would be mainly in the form of public opinion, but China might use the incident to take firmer action in retaliation and they do have a range of economic and military options at their disposal.

On the other hand, the resumption of war on the Korean peninsula, wouldn't be welcome either, especially with their existing US military commitments in Afghanistan. Any such conflict could also have serious repercussions for shipping in the region, with such vessels proving to be easy targets for North Korean attacks.

Would a solely diplomatic response from the US to North Korean aggression be enough to satisfy American domestic opinion though? It probably depends on the extent of any attack, the damage done and the number of casualties. Tough decisions ahead !

US bombing campaign if NK were actually stupid enough to initiate hostilities. There'd be no boots on the ground unless it got very serious. Too close to China and NK terrain especially in the North is as mountainous as the Bora Boras with hundreds of miles of defence tunnels built, so would be an extended and expensive campaign.

everyone may laugh at NK's military, but they are absolute fanatics and would fight to the last man.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

"Increased activity" reported at North Korea's mid to long range missile sites

S. Korea's military reports "sharply increased" movements of vehicles and soldiers at N. Korean missile sites

Reuters.

Careful now Kim.

EDIT:
    S. Korean military source says "there is a possibility they (North Korea) will actually fire."

Yonhap

Munchies at the ready ,energy drinks on ice this is going to be fun to watch,

From fox news.

North Korea's leader says he is preparing his rocket forces to "settle accounts with the U.S." after the U.S. deployed B-2 stealth bombers to South Korea to participate in a training exercise Thursday.

Kim Jong Un's comments in a meeting with senior generals early Friday are part of a rising tide of threats meant to highlight anger over the drills and recent U.N. sanctions over Pyongyang's nuclear test.

State media says Kim signed a rocket preparation plan and ordered rockets on standby to strike the U.S. mainland, South Korea, Guam and Hawaii.

I'm calling bull****.

Nothing happening here. Nothing on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Pistorius's bail hearing is bigger news on sky at this hour..

Kim Jong Un photo shows map of "Strategic Force Plan for Striking US Mainland."

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/3/29/6863835b-76ed-48e9-ae36-ca663c94e559_500.jpg

DPRK

"If they make a reckless provocation with huge strategic forces, [we] should mercilessly strike the U.S. mainland, their stronghold, their military bases in the operational theaters in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea"

Kim Jong Un, according to KCNA report

Kims a fruitcake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Dwork wrote: »
    I'd have more sympathy if they didn't run around like excited kids as5-kising a stumpy, fat little dweeb who's daddy shat all over them. And if they weren't quite so willing to die smileing for him as part of a human wave. N Korea always valued bombs far more than food. I feel it only right and proper to deliver them a load of shiny bombs, they might shut the front door then and start valueing food more highly and lose all the feckin flag waving and military parades.

Sadly, your the type of person propaganda was invented for.

Its on TV so it must be true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

North Korea 'readies rocket force' after US stealth flights

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21972936

North Korea says it has put missile units on stand-by to attack US targets in response to US stealth bomber flights over the Korean peninsula.

Kim Jong-un placed the rocket units on standby after an emergency meeting at 00:30 on Friday (15:30 GMT), KNCA said.

BBC

Kims full of crap. All talk, no action. Just like his daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Thrill wrote: »
    North Korea 'readies rocket force' after US stealth flights

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21972936

BBC

Kims full of crap. All talk, no action. Just like his daddy.

Shh, what if he reads this? We don't want to provoke him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Nobody outside North Korea need worry about North Korea.

Paul1990 wrote: »
    Shh, what if he reads this? We don't want to provoke him.

So rrrooonrey. Poor rittle me.

N. Koreans chanting "Death to the U.S. imperialists" at mass rally in Pyongyang
    Thousands join mass rally in Pyongyang, North Korea in support of Kim Jong Un's call to arms

huffington post

http://i.gifeye.com/3238.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I'm about to go to sleep and there better be military bases in Okinawa when I wake up, or I'll be deeply annoyed.

Like this annoyed----> :(

But not like this annoyed ----> :mad:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/28/world/asia/north-korea-us-threats/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This is just Kim bigging himself up to the population (and possibly his military too.) He knows if he actually tries anything his country will be squashed like a bug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

The problem is that he is talking himself into a corner and will have to fight his way out. Too many false declarations and his people will view him as weak. He'll most likely try to sink another South Korea ship and then say that they had come too close the border or something.

Advertisement