Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Sun. Sun. Sun.
    Happy. Happy. Happy.
    :)

Busy day lifewise yesterday, with a day long mystery tour birthday party for my mum. Brilliant, but now I'm exhausted. No training as I was on my feet doing stuff from 6am till midnight.

Early pool swim this morning, drills and technique stuff. (Because I couldn't face a strenuous set) 1600m is all, but I'll do something else tonight, if I can get rid of the swaying feeling from being so sleepy.

Ended up too tired last night so saved it for this morning. Out to the beach for 7am. Fartlek was the plan today, so rather than have to think about it I set my watch for 1min alerts. After a km warm up I ran 1on 1 off for the rest of it. Parts of it in the sun were stifling hot but in the shade of the woods it was fine. I got out ahead but had people snapping at my heels all the way which kept me pushing. My fast pace was suffering by the end even though I tried to push it. 9.3 k in 46 mins. I can do the route faster at a steady pace but speed work like this is what I really need.

Got in the sea afterwards. It was cold but really good.

Sunday am
    Cycling. Started off fine, no pain.7 miles in, niggly pain. 10 miles in, noticeable pain. 18 miles in I gave up and stopped for tea. I was fed up, knowing I've only myself to blame for not contacting the man with the magic hands. Sat in the sun for half an hour then headed home. This stretch was better, I kept the legs spinning and that kept the problem to a dull ache. Finished the ride with another few miles of control drills. Definite improvements showing but a long way to go before I can ride with my arms folded. :) 42 miles in 2hr 45.

Finally gonna phone Mr Fixer in the morning.

Got to my local friendly physio today, and I'm now walking with a pronounced limp after trigger point needling, which is tonnes of fun.

Other than that I ran a bit and swam a bit since Sunday. Its been fine. No bike as it aggravates things. Dunno how the Beast will work out, I may have to bail on the bike. We will see.

Oooer. My TCR is officially for sale....

• Advertisement

Weds pm
    Sea swim. Conditions were the best I've ever seen. The water was like glass, toasty warm, and the sun was blazing. A strong current was the only hitch and sure that's just a training tool. Did 2.1 pleasant kms in 49 including regrouping stops.

Ran afterwards. 5k. Nice evening for it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Oryx wrote: »
    Got to my local friendly physio today, and I'm now walking with a pronounced limp after trigger point needling, which is tonnes of fun.

Other than that I ran a bit and swam a bit since Sunday. Its been fine. No bike as it aggravates things. Dunno how the Beast will work out, I may have to bail on the bike. We will see.

Ahhh I forgot you were doing the beast...don't think I am now :(

Ahhh I forgot you were doing the beast...don't think I am now :(

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Why not?

Because RQ is trying to rival me for paid up race entries not used... :(

BTH wrote: »
    Because RQ is trying to rival me for paid up race entries not used... :(

I had noticed a trend alright.

• Advertisement

Why not?

Can't be arsed.

I'm working as well but that's just a minor inconvenience.

Can't be arsed.
    Can't say I'm that inspired either, but I'm tight and hate wasting money. :cool:

And gotta give the beast a last outing at the Beast.

Out on the bike this evening. Nice evening it was, too. I thought I was riding into the wind at the start but nooo... it was far worse heading home. The knee/muscle thing is still literally a pain, but I have faith that it will heal. Anyway where there's no sense there's no feeling.

18 miles, 70 or so minutes, flat but windy.

Why are you getting rid of the bike?

Why are you getting rid of the bike?

I love it but ive known for ages its a poor fit (reach is too long). Time to bite the bullet and change. I'll miss it when its gone though. Tis a great bike.

Its Friday! I ran an easy 6.8k! It was hot!
    I think Robin Williams says it best:

And cos its a shame to cut that song short:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Thanks for brightening up my morning with those 2 clips! :cool:

Are you racing tomorrow? Best of luck if you are

pgibbo wrote: »
    Thanks for brightening up my morning with those 2 clips! :cool:

Are you racing tomorrow? Best of luck if you are
    Race is Sunday, but Ill take the luck and keep it till then. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

And cos its a shame to cut that song short:

Ha! I have a '66 Mustang convertible!! Too funny!! (it's either a '65 or '66 in that clip)

Yes, I agree with pgibbilloooo that those two clips are dy-no-mite!

But most importantly, I stopped by your pad to wish you the best on Sunday.

May the Beast be with you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Good luck tomorrow, have a good time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

Best of luck tomorrow oryx, sounds like a tough race, no bother to a tough lady like yourself! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Tough and emotional day out today. KG almost saw me blubber for gawds sake. Race was fine, the journey up wasn't. 2:47 3rd place in a small ag. Nice course, particularly the swim. Thats all I gotta say about that, its not a day I want to report on or revisit tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Tough and emotional day out today. KG almost saw me blubber for gawds sake. Race was fine, the journey up wasn't. 2:47 3rd place in a small ag. Nice course, particularly the swim. Thats all I gotta say about that, its not a day I want to report on or revist tbh.

Dear oh deer. Circle of life. It was great to see you out there today, you were motoring all the way around. Magic place to swim alright.

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Dear oh deer. Circle of life. It was great to see you out there today, you were motoring all the way around. Magic place to swim alright.

Deer.
    Motoring.
    Funny.
    :(

What did you do to a poor deer? :)

Monday.
    Mostly a rest day today I am shattered. Oly distance wouldn't usually do that to me but I think yesterday was just extra stressy.

I'm okay with the time I did yesterday, but would love to attack that course on a better day (with a full run) to see what I could do.

Just a short swim today 1k while my kids messed about. Its enough. Back at it properly tomorrow.

My insurance seem to be ok to cover the repair of my car.

The relief of that is UNREAL.

I suddenly feel so much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

My insurance seem to be ok to cover the repair of my car.

The relief of that is UNREAL.

I suddenly feel so much better.

Thats really good news. Its really good to hear of a good insurance-related story.

• Advertisement

interested wrote: »
    Thats really good news. Its really good to hear of a good insurance-related story.
    Yeah, I was a teensy bit uptight about it!

Advertisement