Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Good Mood Cookbook

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Super stuff, thats one testing course alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Great stuff Oryx - sounds like all those Tough Guy races had some use after all...:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Youve obviously done it jb. Fun, isn't it? It's been on my radar since I started. Was one of the bucket list ones. I'd recommend it, but only if you like hills. :)

I have just seen the new Giant propel and my brain is currently attempting to justify getting a new road bike.:) Should I:

a) Put my credit card in the freezer till the feeling passes?
    b) Ride up and down the nearest killer hill in the rain till I see sense?
    or
    c)Just do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I suspect "c" is the correct answer at this point. ;)

• Advertisement

My credit card is on ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

Oryx wrote: »
    My credit card is on ice.

Stick that ice into a G and T and use the card. You only live once, and it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't. You deserve that bike so much, the real sin would be in not buying it. ;)

Kurt Godel wrote: »
    Stick that ice into a G and T and use the card. You only live once, and it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't. You deserve that bike so much, the real sin would be in not buying it.
    I so wish you were my bank manager...

I so wish you were my bank manager...

You should buy two of them, in case one gets lost.

You should buy two of them, in case one gets lost.

No, silly. In case one gets dirty.

• Advertisement

No, silly. In case one gets dirty.

Yeah, that too. Three bikes please...

Better to regret something you have done rather than.....??? Wow. Sounds like a new lease on life to me!! :D

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Better to regret something you have done rather than.....??? Wow. Sounds like a new lease on life to me!! :D
    Facetious reverse psychology is his gift. And its effective.

I'll take the nudie oil painting Kurt posted on my thread any day over this. I may have been fat and round, but at least I looked happy and had friends around me.

I'll take the nudie oil painting Kurt posted on my thread any day over this. I may have been fat and round, but at least I looked happy and had friends around me.

Yeah you get art I get Holocaust. :(

Yeah you get art I get Holocaust. :(

My point exactly. I look at this as a glimpse into the mind of Kurt Godel....a cluttered canvas of chaos consisting of oily naked people, cherubs and animals on one end, and a disturbing cocktail of poorly displayed science fiction meeting the end of the world on the other.

Easy jog this morning. My first post race session. It was slow, but deliberately so. 6.75k.

I love running in sunshine. Sigh.

My point exactly. I look at this as a glimpse into the mind of Kurt Godel....a cluttered canvas of chaos consisting of oily naked people, cherubs and animals on one end, and a disturbing cocktail of poorly displayed science fiction meeting the end of the world on the other.

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me, thanks Dory!:)

That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me, thanks Dory!:)

I knew you'd appreciate the spirit in which it was written!! :D

• Advertisement

Spinny spin spin on the turbo. It was muggy and warm and I loved it. Nothing special, but even so I was woozy when I finished, but I didn't eat properly last night, so that might be why. Probably need more recovery as well. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just catching up now. Completely forgot you had a big race last weekend.

Well done Oryx..great report too.

Short swim tonight while the kids were training. The pool had a malfunction and was 38 degrees so it was exhausting to swim in. Not sure of distance but all drills and tumble turn practice.

Another double day from you, no rest for the wicked. What's the goal now?

Another double day from you, no rest for the wicked. What's the goal now?

Three easy sessions since sunday is rest. :)

BoTE is next, but that's just an interlude. My big fat 2013 goal is Vitruvian, I have some ghosts to exorcise there!

Easy run with the xc crew this morning. At first it was too easy, too slow to be comfortable, but by the end the guys at the front started to pick it up a bit and we had a good old run for the final kms. 9.5 total.

As we were at the beach anyway I went for my usual dip. Most of the rest wussed out. It was refreshingly cold and by the time we got out our skin was bright pink. But its June ffs. We might as well, winter will be long enough.

By the time I drove home I was chilled to the bone and the shower never felt so good. :)

Long (ish) bike today. It was VERY windy out. Gusting cross winds and deep rims are really not a fun combination. This took longer than normal, partly because of the weather and partly because I didn't eat properly on the bike and blew up a bit on the way home, which was uphill, into the wind as usual. That bugger of a wind follows you around you know. Youd think when you turn on an out and back route youd get a break but nooooooo, the feckin wind KNOWS and turns with you!

82k in 3hr 22.

Monday am
    My early swims are finished for summer so I'm fitting them in where I can these days. This started well with a few 200s that felt fast. They might not have been fast but good to feel strong anyway . After those it was on to technique drills and hypoxic work which also made me bilateral breathe which need, as I am shockingly bad at it. 2200m

Monday pm
    Kettlebells. My shoulders are a bit clicky the last while so I kept it light on the overhead stuff but otherwise business as usual. Makes a nice change from swimbikerun.

My pal in the club heads to Austria this week and I'm like a proud but nervous momma waiting to see how she does. Go Marie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Hey hoochie, NICE result last week! Wouldn't have minded being that stranger too :) Seriously well done, the pointy end of things eh. Thanks for the RedBesque report too, fun read

• Advertisement

I need to be a bit sharper to get to the really pointy end of things. :)

Run this evening. The first time this year that I was too warm when running. Twas nice. Legs were stiff and heavy from kettlebells and it took a while to loosen out. 9.6k

Advertisement