Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PTSB current account [was: PTSB €1500 a month? Should I open an account?]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I just opened a new PTSB current account so do i have 4 weeks from today to get the €1,500 lodged to avoid the €12 charge?

There is no charge for the quarter that you open you account, I opened my account in the last 2 weeks of the quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Just looked at my 1st estatement which I had to register using code sent to mobile - wasn't expecting this. However logged out and went back in and when I clicked on estatements it sent me another 2 codes - must have clicked twice. Does this keep happening every time you want to check an estatement?
    Also can anyone help how i save the estatement on to my computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Just looked at my 1st estatement which I had to register using code sent to mobile - wasn't expecting this. However logged out and went back in and when I clicked on estatements it sent me another 2 codes - must have clicked twice. Does this keep happening every time you want to check an estatement?
    Also can anyone help how i save the estatement on to my computer?

Yep, it sends you a code every time you view. Hover your cursor over the bottom right hand corner of the page on the estatement and it'll bring up options for saving, printing etc.

I get paid a few days before end of month into a BOI savings a/c and then I transfer €1,500 into PTSB current a/c. In a short month e.g February -the money would not go in until the next month. Other than change my salary to PTSB current any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

I get paid a few days before end of month into a BOI savings a/c and then I transfer €1,500 into PTSB current a/c. In a short month e.g February -the money would not go in until the next month. Other than change my salary to PTSB current any ideas?

Transfer multiple sums back and forth in early February when you have cash in your other BoI account. It does not have to be 1,500 EUR in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Well.. taking the plunge and started the process this morning. Went through all the info so he's sending me out paperwork to sign and then the whole lot - current a/c, Visa card, debit card - will be moved from AIB (save for my personal loan but I expected that)

Hopefully it's as painless as this thread makes it sound. Even more importantly I hope the online banking is decent as that's where I do pretty much everything as is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

can anyone confirm what are you able/not able to do using PTSB online banking?
    can you make transfer to any given account, either ROI or abroad?
    if so, I'm ditching AIB muppets tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    can you make transfer to any given account, either ROI or abroad?

You can transfer EUR to any SEPA compliant EUR bank account online.
    if so, I'm ditching AIB muppets tomorrow

Pretty much everything you can do with AIB online can be done with PTSB online.

The main difference I can see is, you can't set a future date for a bill pay, like you can with AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    The main difference I can see is, you can't set a future date for a bill pay, like you can with AIB.

You can just set up a standing order to pay out for one payment and select any date you want.

• Advertisement

^^^ Great work around!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,748 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Well.. taking the plunge and started the process this morning. Went through all the info so he's sending me out paperwork to sign and then the whole lot - current a/c, Visa card, debit card - will be moved from AIB (save for my personal loan but I expected that)

Hopefully it's as painless as this thread makes it sound. Even more importantly I hope the online banking is decent as that's where I do pretty much everything as is.

Just an update..

Have all the documentation but feck me there's a lot of forms?!! Not to mention all the validation checks they want. I've to go find a Garda station to stamp a copy of my driving license and all! :rolleyes:

Unbelievable nonsense really to have to go through to setup a bank account - and people wonder why the Irish don't shop around when it comes to financial institutions? Truth be told if it wasn't for the free fee banking I'd probably just forget about it.

strange, they asked me only for 2 photocopies of ID and 2 photocopies of proof of address. and if you go to the branch yourself you only need one of each
    edit: and a proof of PPS (like payslip)

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

strange, they asked me only for 2 photocopies of ID and 2 photocopies of proof of address. and if you go to the branch yourself you only need one of each
    edit: and a proof of PPS (like payslip)

Same here, or i was asked to provide 6 months bank statements aswell because i asked for credit facilities, but other than that i had my passport and utilitybill and payslip for PPS purposes with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Hi, if you are posting your proofs, do these need to be verified by a Garda? Do you still have to go into the branch after posting proofs?

Thanks

no&no

"1% AER (variable) Credit Interest on balances up to €1,500 a month"

Anybody actually get this paid for 2013? I did not and I'm hearing of a major I.T. fault with PTSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

"1% AER (variable) Credit Interest on balances up to €1,500 a month"

Anybody actually get this paid for 2013? I did not and I'm hearing of a major I.T. fault with PTSB.

No and as far as I can see I meet all the criteria. I spoke to a couple of PTSB staff last week about it; the first gave me incorrect information and the second sent the question on to their "problem solving department" and I was supposed to hear something yesterday. Hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I spoke to PTSB in relation to this today.

They confirmed that the IT glitch related to all customers on their new current account offering that was launched back in April 2013. None of these customers received their annual interest. They said that the problem will be resolved in the next couple of days. Interest will automatically be applied to the accounts. They also confirmed that DIRT will be taken at the old 2013 rate of 33% and not at the current rate of 41%.

Thanks DMcL1971 - all sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

No problem Delta. I was just about to post that I had received my interest this morning.

Got my 1.70 and paid my 60c tax!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭lukaszd2007

Could anybody tell me is it still available at the PTSB to get a fee-free current account if you will continue to lodge at least 1500/month?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes, it is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

For those who have signed up to PTSB in the last year or so, how have you found the service? Were they as good/worse/same as your previous bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

hardybuck wrote: »
    For those who have signed up to PTSB in the last year or so, how have you found the service? Were they as good/worse/same as your previous bank?

Absolutely no difference for me on both my accounts, and an extra plus is not having to pay for it :-)

It's a no brainer to move from AIB,BOI,Ulster,KBC to PTSB for your Current A/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

hardybuck wrote: »

I've been with them around two months so far and have no issues with them regarding customer service, transfers, setting up payments etc

The only thing that's a bit annoying is their online banking for pending transactions. It only gives you the number of transactions & amount owed which then takes a good few days to clear & show up in your outgoings, where as with my AIB online, it shows the vendor & the amount in the pending section.

Overall tho, definitely recommend PTSB and it goes without saying...no fees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I moved from BOI last September and I've had no issues with PTSB since I moved; I find the service pretty much the same as BOI and I'm happy not to be paying fees!

• Advertisement

Advertisement