Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK808 mini pc + Air Fly Mouse RC12 37.17 EURO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I am thinking of buying an ethernet adapter, read somewhere that wii ones does the job.

Just wondering will this be any good?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/220562968933?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I am thinking of buying an ethernet adapter, read somewhere that wii ones does the job.

Just wondering will this be any good?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/220562968933?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Yeah, it should be.
    This works too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-2-0-USB-network-HUB-RJ45-Ethernet-Wlan-adapter-card-/400450910964

From the UK
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-RJ45-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B009XPCNLW/

You could probably find it cheaper if you look around, but the Amazon price seems okay depending on shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Paul007

Blade wrote: »
    Also if you want flash in a browser to watch the likes of the RTE/TV3 player it won't work in the stock browser but works ok in firefox. Only thing is firefox is a $hit browser. Tried Opera too with no luck.

Dolphin browser works well but you need to mod it slightly to get flash to work.
    Seems to be the best browser I've tried so far

Allyall wrote: »
    Yeah, it should be.
    This works too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/USB-2-0-USB-network-HUB-RJ45-Ethernet-Wlan-adapter-card-/400450910964

From the UK
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Port-RJ45-Ethernet-Network-Adapter/dp/B009XPCNLW/

You could probably find it cheaper if you look around, but the Amazon price seems okay depending on shipping.

Does this one give full usb 2.0 speeds?

I know some sellers are stating their adapters contain the AX88772 chip but actually have ones limited to usb 1.1.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Paul007 wrote: »
    Dolphin browser works well but you need to mod it slightly to get flash to work.
    Seems to be the best browser I've tried so far

What exactly did you have to do to get it to work with Dolphin? Would be much better than Firefox for me anyway.

Can anyone recommend a good launcher for it? I'm using go launcher ATM but it seems to be dragging Antutu results down by 500+ and some app icons keep reverting to the default android icons.

• Advertisement

What exactly did you have to do to get it to work with Dolphin? Would be much better than Firefox for me anyway.

Can anyone recommend a good launcher for it? I'm using go launcher ATM but it seems to be dragging Antutu results down by 500+ and some app icons keep reverting to the default android icons.

Close Dolphin
    Open any file explorer with root access

Navigate to data/data/mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser/shared_prefs/
    Delete the file mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser_preferences.xml

Don't know much about launchers but many users seem to like apex launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

To get my usb extremal drive to work I had to buy a cheap usb 4 port hub. The OTG port was no use for that.

I downloaded Flash Player from HERE and it worked.

Last night a friend of mine asked me to clone my stick to his, and he specifically asked if i would also install this browser and check it's all working - PHOTON FLASH PLAYER & BROWSER.

I've never heard of it before, nor have i tried it yet, but i am going to check it out after i post this.. :D

There is another browser i heard of a while ago, fire something, or flame (NO - NOT FIREFOX), that was supposed to be good for Flash, but it never worked for me, so this Photon may be the same.

EDIT. Found it, it was SkyFire. I found it useless for flash.

I read that earlier as recommend a browser :confused: I was just reading over the thread and i realised it said launcher.. :o

I find different launchers are good depending on what you want them for.

I use one for hiding and renaming apps, but it may not lead to the best results on Antutu..
    I tried a fair few before i decided the one that i prefer.

Here is a good list

I would recommend/try the last one first, as i found that very responsive and fast. Which makes sense, as it's tested by users on xda-developers every day. He updated it 2 days ago, so it should be even better.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Allyall wrote: »
    I downloaded Flash Player from HERE and it worked.

Did this work for you on all browsers on the mk808b?

I did what Paul007 said and flash is working on Dolphin now but not on the others like Opera which is another browser I like to use. I'd heard about the Photon browser that's supposed to work with flash, will give that a try too. Would be nice to just have flash working globally on the device rather than having to tweak individual browsers for it.

• Advertisement

Did this work for you on all browsers on the mk808b?

I did what Paul007 said and flash is working on Dolphin now but not on the others like Opera which is another browser I like to use. I'd heard about the Photon browser that's supposed to work with flash, will give that a try too. Would be nice to just have flash working globally on the device rather than having to tweak individual browsers for it.

No. I couldn't get it to work properly on either Opera (mini or mobile), I haven't tried Opera Beta yet. Some flash sites would load, but wouldn't display properly, and some (for example AerTV) would load once, but not a second time.
    I find Dolphin better for flash (As Paul007 said), It used to be Dolphin HD over Dolphin Mini, but they have just the one now i think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

how are you finding flash in dolphin? are you able to watch streams at a decent quality without lag?

For me Firefox is working better than Dolphin for falsh content.

how are you finding flash in dolphin? are you able to watch streams at a decent quality without lag?
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    For me Firefox is working better than Dolphin for falsh content.

I don't use a browser to watch it. But i have been able to play RTE and TV3 without any problems in the stock browser without any problems once Flash was installed. Dolphin is much better though (I find).

I still haven't got around to trying Photon yet.

I tried "The Gathering Live" on Dolphin and Stock Browser, and it is awful. The stream must be very high quality, because it is constantly stuttering.
    I also tried "The Gathering Channel" .............. :(

Saying that, i just tried the Gathering Channel in Firefox on my laptop (The one i'm on now) and it is also having a fair bit of difficulty.
    Gathering Live is off air now.

I have tried Firefox on Android, and flash constantly crashed for me. I got really frustrated with it, and gave up.

if you get a chance (and are inclined) could you check out a random stream on www.twitch.tv ?

if you get a chance (and are inclined) could you check out a random stream on www.twitch.tv ?

I just did it there.

When i initially go to the page and press play, it automatically goes full screen. Then there is about 4 or 5 "jumps" about 5-15 seconds apart, then it plays picture perfect, but it is out of sync by about 30 seconds.
    I changed some of the settings, made no difference, then i tried to pull the timeline so that it was in sync with the audio, but it just caused it to close.
    So i had to restart again.
    But after i restarted, it seemed to be in sync (it did the 4 or 5 jumps again, seems to do that always upon start), but i couldn't really tell, as they were in game, and i couldn't see the commentators mouths.

I will try it the other way, and see how that goes. I'll post back here in a bit.

thanks a bunch

No, i couldn't get it to work as a plugin either.
    Although i did find out that something is wrong with justin tv servers.
    Some of the stuff on Twitch is played from/through them.
    I will try again later and see if that makes a difference.

--

Ooops, thought i had posted that ^^ I went on to the Stick for ages there.

I am just trying something, and will post back in a bit, hopefully it won't take long.

ah yer grand, you've done enough. mine should be here in a week or two so I'll fiddle about with it then, was just curious if it would work hassle free or if there would be hair pulling involved :)
    thanks again

Ha ha...
    AAAGGAGAGAHH!!

;)

The video image on it streaming is perfect, as is the audio. It just seems to be out of sync.
    But any other time i went back, i couldn't see anybody talking, so i couldn't tell if it was still out of sync.
    There is another option anyway, that i was looking into, but i hit a dead end. I changed a few files in the root folder of the stick, but they made little or no difference.
    I'll have another shot tomorrow, as i'm also trying to get notdoppler working on it for my nephew. It was working before, and just stopped. So i'm trying to figure out what is different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Can anyone tell me if its possible to power on the mini pc from the remote (RC11) instead off getting of my lazy arse and plugging it in? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I don't think so, up ya get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Can anyone tell me if its possible to power on the mini pc from the remote (RC11) instead off getting of my lazy arse and plugging it in? :P

You could always buy a remote control plug :-) if only flashing the unit wax that simple :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

I was previously getting around 5,000 on the antutu benchmark test. I removed firefox ( the only thing i had downloaded prior to running it) and now getting 8195

how do i remove the other game apps that it came with ? there is an app manager icon but it doesnt get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

someone else selling one on adverts :)
    Looks like this little things becoming popular.

http://www.adverts.ie/3011629

someone else selling one on adverts :)
    Looks like this little things becoming popular.

http://www.adverts.ie/3011629

That's a different one with crappy specs and 20 Euro dearer than the ones we're talking about here.

I was previously getting around 5,000 on the antutu benchmark test. I removed firefox ( the only thing i had downloaded prior to running it) and now getting 8195

how do i remove the other game apps that it came with ? there is an app manager icon but it doesnt get rid of them.

That is so weird what you're saying about Firefox, I didn't think an installed app while not running could have any affect on the benchmark test. I'll be deleting Firefox anyway as I hate it, so I'll see does it make any difference for my scores.

You can temporarily 'Disable' many of the firmware apps for a few days and make sure the device still runs ok. When you're happy everything is ok, use Titanium backup to delete them. Not just the games but there'll be stuff there like contacts that you probably won't need.

Incidentally those games that came with it all seem to be looking for a "controller" and won't run for me, anyone any ideas exactly what controller they're looking for?

I removed Firefox, also removed all the apps that I have installed and did a test but that did not make any difference to the score. Installed all the apps back again and still the same. Until you have lot of apps running in the background I dont think it will make any difference.

• Advertisement

Incidentally those games that came with it all seem to be looking for a "controller" and won't run for me, anyone any ideas exactly what controller they're looking for?

I think it's THIS ONE, as it supports 3D motion control

20120714163412ue04nyx7.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement