Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK808 mini pc + Air Fly Mouse RC12 37.17 EURO

Options
  • 19-03-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Very good offer if its legit. Looking for peoples opinion on this?
    Link here
    Edit:
    Out of stock

Alternatives here :
    link
    link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wouldn't go near it. Too similar (Near identical) to all of the other deals that turned out to be scams. Just turns into a lot of hassle trying to get your money back, and having to wait a month for it.

Also selling This, and This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

looks legit to me, not that much cheaper than ordered separately, yet a very good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

Looks great. First time I've seen these gizmos. Some guy demoing it here.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    looks legit to me, not that much cheaper than ordered separately, yet a very good deal

There are other threads about these scams, but this may be legit.

Once bitten.. I think i'll wait and see if anyone else gets it..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭RayCarley

Allyall wrote: »
    There are other threads about these scams, but this may be legit.

Once bitten.. I think i'll wait and see if anyone else gets it..

I wonder why this guy would go to the trouble to get so much positive feedback only to start scamming now? Or is that a similar setup to how you got scammed before?

I'm not in any way interested in buying this item, I'm just wondering what your thoughts were.

• Advertisement

RayCarley wrote: »
    I wonder why this guy would go to the trouble to get so much positive feedback only to start scamming now? Or is that a similar setup to how you got scammed before?

I'm not in any way interested in buying this item, I'm just wondering what your thoughts were.

A similar thread HERE and plenty more that people got stung on.

More in the consumer issues forum, and in the online auctions forum.

His ebay shop may have been hijacked. That's the same price they were being sold in February, and January.
    All previous shops had 99.9% positive feedback up until them.

One was selling clothes/jewellery up until that day with 99.9% feedback. Lots of people (Including myself) paid for the Android devices, and they never arrived, account was shut down and Ebay sent an email telling people to make a complaint with paypal. If i had been on holiday when that happened, or away from pc/email for whatever reason, i woul've lost my money, as i only had 7 days to get it back from the email. It takes nearly a month to arrive from China, so if it was never sent, you may think it was delayed after 30 days for whatever reason. Then submit a dispute. Which then takes a couple of days etc..

Not worth the hassle using Ebay for these type of bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Allyall wrote: »
    A similar thread HERE and plenty more that people got stung on.

Not remotely similar. The items linked are roughly what you would pay on Aliexpress. Scams tend to show huge potential savings, such as the dual-core tablet you linked to above for $30 odd. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's a scam.

gerryk wrote: »
    Not remotely similar. The items linked are roughly what you would pay on Aliexpress. Scams tend to show huge potential savings, such as the dual-core tablet you linked to above for $30 odd. Just because it's cheap doesn't mean it's a scam.

It is similar. The fact that the prices are slightly different makes it similar, but not identical.

If you are talking about the first two/three posts, then i recommend reading the rest of the thread.

Anyway. As i said, if you want, go for it. That was an example thread, i am not going searching for all the others to prove it to anyone.
    The prices were €38 or something for the other ones.
    I honestly hope that if anyone orders it, they get it, but until i hear anybody did, i'll stay away.

I haven't seen anything like that price on Aliexpress, although in fairness, i haven't looked very hard. The closest i can find is THIS Which works out at €50.35 delivered using slow mail. - That's an extra €12/€13 - the price of the remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I'm gonna go for it. Worse case scenario i lodge a complaint with Paypal and get the money back in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

gerryk wrote: »
    Scams tend to show huge potential savings, such as the dual-core tablet you linked to above for $30 odd.

Maybe they are catching on to the fact that if it looks too cheap people will suspect a scam, whereas if the products are offered at a reasonable price (while still providing a decent saving) they might get more people to bite (and at a higher price).

There are a lot of these type of sticks around at the moment also, and for an extra few dollars you could get a better unit and remote anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

is there any street store selling these devices in dublin?
    i want to buy one but im leaving ireland on friday and i cant wait for the delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

deepsilent wrote: »
    i want to buy one but im leaving ireland on friday and i cant wait for the delivery.

I could imagine only few places where you would buy it dearer than Ireland so no worry - just buy it where you going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

deepsilent wrote: »

Chinese shops around Parnell Street....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

eamonnq wrote: »
    There are a lot of these type of sticks around at the moment also, and for an extra few dollars you could get a better unit and remote anyway.

Interested Eamonnq in the better units you are referencing here. Watched the online review and though I have a smart TV this type of device looks like it will make my TV a lot smarter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

doncarlos wrote: »
    I'm gonna go for it. Worse case scenario i lodge a complaint with Paypal and get the money back in a month or so.

i went for it too. It really is very cheap though. If you think it ends up being a scam could you PM me or something so i can try reclaim the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

doncarlos wrote: »
    <bert> wrote: »
    i went for it too. It really is very cheap though. If you think it ends up being a scam could you PM me or something so i can try reclaim the cash?
    I wouldn't be that quick in assuming you'll get money back..

.. what was recieved and what Paypal told him:
    Bah just to update, rang paypal today because the damn claim went back a step, explained to them that he sent me earrings instead of a tablet PC, it was like it was the first time they heard that when i wrote it on the claim a couple of weeks ago, anyway i explained the whole thing to him about getting an email from ebay saying the seller removed the item etc and that he sent me a pair of earrings and that i sent them back to that address he gave, seems all paypal are waiting for now is an attempt at delivery or a delivery and i get my money back then, i dont really care tbh its just 25eur but its down to pride now :mad:

He did get his money back in the end.. but I wouldn't be so presumption in that Paypal would be that gracious!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

jesus the temptation is rediculas......but if it went sour the effort of trying to reclaim my money of paypal, not sure if its worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

Going back through his history he sold nothing of any great value before Christmas and there were no electronics either. most of the sales seem to be to people with a 100% feedback too which is strange. also there has been a huge influx of reviews in the past couple of weeks. i don't know much about eBay scams but this does look a bit odd i think.

Going back through his history he sold nothing of any great value before Christmas and there were no electronics either. most of the sales seem to be to people with a 100% feedback too which is strange. also there has been a huge influx of reviews in the past couple of weeks. i don't know much about eBay scams but this does look a bit odd i think.

Also the actual feedback is 100%..

Shipping from China...

Over Christmas period, when those massive ships were frozen..

Not one single person thought the shipping was slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Me too. Better still, please post back on the thread so we all get the heads up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Basq wrote: »
    I wouldn't be that quick in assuming you'll get money back..

.. what was recieved and what Paypal told him:

He did get his money back in the end.. but I wouldn't be so presumption in that Paypal would be that gracious!

Tbf paypal always side with the buyer pretty much. You just say that you received nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

So I asked him how he sells them so cheap and his reply was
    'Dear friends
    The project is a limited amount of sales. The project is not
    to make money.
    I am an honest man. I received a number of designated
    sales. Monthly sales 500pcs. I can get a good rebate. The project is not to
    make money, I just want to get the rebate. And the company hopes to sell
    more use. Repay the majority of users. Advocacy project. '

I have no idea what he means but I got a few anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

ChriisM wrote: »

That deal doesnt look great tbh.
    If yer looking to buy from Ireland i'd go with this MK809II with the RC12
    (Better device and the controller is better also)
    Link

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

thanks people!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Does anybody know of a combo where the remote is actually an air mouse? The op one is a trackpad, despite the name :)

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

Ordered on ebay. Got confirmation email then got dispatched email. Bit suspect :-/

• Advertisement

bmm wrote: »
    +20 euro delivery, so €109 really.

:eek:

€20 delivery? Didn't see that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement