Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MK808 mini pc + Air Fly Mouse RC12 37.17 EURO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

markad1 wrote: »
    Ordered on ebay. Got confirmation email then got dispatched email. Bit suspect :-/

He has more available here http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Dual-core-mini-Android-4-1TV-Box-MK808-mini-pc-Air-Fly-Mouse-RC12-NEW-ARRIVE-/140938021973?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item20d08f8c55#ht_4938wt_1393
    let us know how you get on, looks good if it is legit...if...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Dazza wrote: »
    So I asked him how he sells them so cheap and his reply was
    'Dear friends
    The project is a limited amount of sales. The project is not
    to make money.
    I am an honest man. I received a number of designated
    sales. Monthly sales 500pcs. I can get a good rebate. The project is not to
    make money, I just want to get the rebate. And the company hopes to sell
    more use. Repay the majority of users. Advocacy project. '

I have no idea what he means but I got a few anyway.

To be honest that sounds totally like a scam to me. Probably too late for you now. Hope it works out, let us know, I'll be happy if I'm wrong in this case!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It really does seem like a scam, but surely a simple charge back would get your money back?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Dont know about you guys , but this is suspect to me
    http://gyazo.com/3d3d213b229ddbdd1fdfe8132688834f

Same Guy buys 4 of the same item all at different prices and then puts negative feedback on all 4. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ChriisM wrote: »
    Dont know about you guys , but this is suspect to me
    http://gyazo.com/3d3d213b229ddbdd1fdfe8132688834f

Same Guy buys 4 of the same item all at different prices and then puts negative feedback on all 4. hmmm

Looks very very dodgy.........Sennheiser IE8 headphones for approx 43euro ??

I would think the guy got 4 something else at that price but not what he expected.

• Advertisement

So did people get the item or get stung?
    I didn't chance it myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭<bert>

mik_da_man wrote: »
    So did people get the item or get stung?
    I didn't chance it myself...

No sign yet but i optimistic that i will receive a package containing a surprise but defiantly not a MK808

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

<bert> wrote: »
    No sign yet but i optimistic that i will receive a package containing a surprise but defiantly not a MK808
    You mean it'll jump out of the package, look you square in the eye and provocatively declare "I am not a MK808"? :eek:

I'm less optimistic now. I see his range of products has now fallen back to sky lanterns and earbuds, and still no sign of any feedback from purchasers of the thingummabob....

peckerhead wrote: »
    You mean it'll jump out of the package, look you square in the eye and provocatively declare "I am not a MK808"? :eek:

I'm less optimistic now. I see his range of products has now fallen back to sky lanterns and earbuds, and still no sign of any feedback from purchasers of the thingummabob....

Yeah I copped that all right when I went back as I was going to take the chance and buy it.
    It doesn't bode well...
    But I hope I'm wrong and you all get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yeah was looking at that too.. He only has 2 items for sale now..

This was posted today
    iconNeg_16x16.gifScam artist Buyer: Member ID daniel-piggott ( Feedback score of 34iconYellowStar_25x25.gif)
    02-Apr-13 12:53iconFdbkCnvrsB_20x20.gif
    • Reply by lucky_life168 (02-Apr-13 16:27):

Friends, I do not know to deceive you what? The buyer is not recommended! ! ! !
    Remote Control Mini LCD Digital Projector VGA A/V USB /SD 320x240 Full Formats (#140937216490)

• Advertisement

Not looking good. Does anyone know how to reclaim the money or if it is possible? I know it is only €40 but it would cover the bulk of the cost to get another one

Not looking good. Does anyone know how to reclaim the money or if it is possible? I know it is only €40 but it would cover the bulk of the cost to get another one

It's only 2 weeks.. But if you want your cash back, you can open a dispute in PayPal. You should get it all. Probably not for another 3 weeks though..

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

2013 Departure from China Beijing IE 20130328 1921

seems to be making progess...

2013 Departure from China Beijing IE 20130328 1921

seems to be making progess...

I don't doubt that we will all receive a parcel but if there's a MK808 in the box hats will be eaten

I don't doubt that we will all receive a parcel but if there's a MK808 in the box hats will be eaten

Could be. But could be a faulty one also..

I'll be eating pie (humble) for one. But i still think it looks dodgy.
    Hope ye do get it though.

Seller had 100% when this advert and others went up. Now has 9 negative feedback, probably going to jump rapidly in the next week or so.

Also, he has just decided to make his feedback comments private....

Uh-Oh.

Also zero items for sale...

Start asking for money back.. I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i didnt jump for this one ( i usually do :) ) .. but am getting itchy feet.. is a roku box a safe bet ? i see it gets the nod over apple tv on which magizine...but would like a cheaper option.50stg minumim

i didnt jump for this one ( i usually do :) ) .. but am getting itchy feet.. is a roku box a safe bet ? i see it gets the nod over apple tv on which magizine...but would like a cheaper option.50stg minumim

The MK808B can be got for €31 at the minute on Geekbuying..

Use Code XZGXKGUK at checkout.

And you could add the RC11 for €15.30

€46 Altogether..

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭j_lennon18

Allyall wrote: »

€46 Altogether..

Cheers!!

I just ordered and got it for €30.60 with that code :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

30.60 . will get a mouse off focalprice to use up a $5 voucher :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

€46 Altogether..

Is this An american website? will we get done for customs when its being delivered?

Is this An american website? will we get done for customs when its being delivered?

It's a Hong Kong Based website that (like Ebay and Amazon etc.) has different sellers. The sellers on it have apparently reached a decent level of standard from other sites - The idea behind it is, they have sold many before and always deliver and/or reimburse/repair under warranty, any of their products. They have probably been selling on Ali-express and other sites first before they qualify for geekbuying.

If you do get hit for customs, it would be feck all on a €31 delivered product. But as there are no versions of these available in Europe it's hard for them to distinguish the "value" for them, other than the price you have paid delivered..

I said that in an arseways way, but hopefully a jist will be got.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

It's a Hong Kong Based website that (like Ebay and Amazon etc.) has different sellers. The sellers on it are "Gold standard" and "Platinum Standard" - The idea behind it is, they have sold many before and always deliver and/or reimburse/repair under warranty, any of their products. They have probably been selling on Ali-express and other sites first before they qualify for geekbuying.

If you do get hit for customs, it would be feck all on a €31 delivered product. But as there are no versions of these available in Europe it's hard for them to distinguish the "value" for them, other than the price you have paid delivered..

I said that in an arseways way, but hopefully a jist will be got.

Cheers for clarifing that for me. Went ahead and ordered it with the RC11 , I think the gyro on the RC11 is better than the RC12 track pad, but thats just me :pac:

It's a Hong Kong Based website that (like Ebay and Amazon etc.) has different sellers. The sellers on it are "Gold standard" and "Platinum Standard"

Are you sure ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are you sure ?
    About what?

Hong Kong Based?
    Most of the stuff i buy from them comes from a Warehouse in HongKong, sometimes, i get an item from China. - They ship from Hong Kong.
    But seems to be based in Shenzhen
    Our price advantage comes from our location and operation philosophy. Our sourcing base is located in Shenzhen, China, where more than 70% Electronics and accessories are produced. That enables us to get the large range of electronic products conveniently. Shenzhen is the only city that has land, sea and air ports. Also, as the closest neighbor of Hong Kong, Shenzhen takes full advantage of its developed international logistics. No other city has these two great advantages.

GeekBuying was an American store on Ebay, but they are different shops selling through Geekbuying now. Same as McBub.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but there are plenty of threads in Slickdeals about it, and how to identify sellers/factory.
    GeekBuying on Amazon is Geekbuying, Not sure how that works, but think it's spoken about also.

Either way, i have used them before many times, have no problem with them, and don't think i've ever got caught for customs from them. May have, but it wouldn't have been much. I'm not going through all my receipts.. :)

Just wondering where do you see the GOLD STANDARD and PLATINUM STANDARD sellers or any of the 'sellers' information ?

I thought it was just an ordinary website with the stuff being sold by the company that owns it.

I ordered something small from them the other day, and that is the first time I have used them.

eamonnq wrote: »
    Just wondering where do you see the GOLD STANDARD and PLATINUM STANDARD sellers or any of the 'sellers' information ?

I thought it was just an ordinary website with the stuff being sold by the company that owns it.

I ordered something small from them the other day, and that is the first time I have used them.

No, i used someone elses terminology there, The "Standard" may be incorrect.

I'll remove that. I think (As best as i can explain it)
    Factories sell through GeekBuying and they only use trusted ones. Ones that have been supplying the likes of Aliexpress and maybe DealExtreme etc..

I'll see if i can find the posts on SlickDeals relating to it specifically.
    The Gold Standard and Platinum Standard are ratings on other sites, and would allow them to sell through GeekBuying, ensuring the best delivery times/quality of product etc..

I'm sure it's all marketing blurb, and probably a lot of BS, but it is a small piece of mind when buying, they at least say they use the best people..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

€46 Altogether..

Got both for same - looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Grabbed them both too, under €50 for something like this combo is very good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Got my beads today. Time to contact PayPal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement