Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭cat in the sack

laois ref Stapelton is gone also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

That's a lot of culls in the refereeing circuit! Have they enough refs?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jaysusREF

Lads, I intend to go to Nowlan for the League final next Sunday. What's the craic with parking near the stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭amber69

jaysusREF wrote: »
    Lads, I intend to go to Nowlan for the League final next Sunday. What's the craic with parking near the stadium?

Being Sunday you'll be ok parking along the ring roads or if you want go up high street and park in the large car park at dunnes stores its a 10 minute walk from there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

jaysusREF wrote: »

Get there early lots of parking from the ring road in. Dont park in any of the housing estates close by as there is a private clamping company doing the rounds and they like nothing better than to get unsuspecting visiting fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Hitchens wrote: »
    I feared when I first saw this thread that some people would eventually try to turn it into a Tommy Walsh bashing exercise, and duly..........here come the WUMs! :(

There is obviously no point asking a question regarding that tinker when ye dont like the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Any further abuse of any GAA players will result in an infraction. I have already given out a warning. If you're not sure what to post, read the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Did anyone make it to any of the club games this weekend? Heard that Ballyhale gave the Boro a hiding, although they did get the game back to four points at one stage, but Shamrocks had too much for them (this report is second hand, be interested to know how people who were there felt it went). Scary to think of Ballyhale being that strong when they are missing three inter county hurlers, but the Boro have a bad enough record against them (and, knock out stages last year aside, against most other teams too, but I am hopeful of them improving this year).

Heard the Village had a great win over Carrickshock as well. Clara beating O'Loughlins, great win for them, and Danesfort got a good win too over Comer, while Martins beat Tullaroan.
    So...any reports? What was the result in the Fenians game?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Fenians won by 6pts, JJ gave an exhibition at centre back and Conor Tobin was hugely impressive up front for them. Danesfort probably the shock result of the weekend and by the winning margin that they had.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

anyone hear Richie power got injured at the weekend??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Fenians 1-17 1-11 Graigue Ballycallan
    Dicksboro 2-10 4-13 Ballyhale Shamrocks
    Clara 0-18 0-17 O`Loughlin Gaels
    Danesfort 1-16 1-6 Erins Own
    Carrickshock 0-13 1-12 James Stephens
    Tullaroan 1-10 0-15 St Martin's

anyone hear Richie power got injured at the weekend??

Cracked ribs I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Cracked ribs I heard.
    Yeah, two ribs cracked, and it seems he had the injury going into Sunday's match.
    Tough man is the bould Ritchie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Goadyk

Hitchens wrote: »
    Yeah, two ribs cracked, and it seems he had the injury going into Sunday's match.
    Tough man is the bould Ritchie.

Yer talent pool must be running dry if yer playing players with cracked ribs

Goadyk wrote: »

Sunday was a club match. Show me the club that can afford to leave Richie power out of championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Goadyk wrote: »

Carrickshocks talent pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

How would ye rate Carrickshock's chances in the club championship? Saw them last year and was impressed, losing Michael Rice was obviously a big blow.

Who do ye fancy to win it out?

How would ye rate Carrickshock's chances in the club championship? Saw them last year and was impressed, losing Michael Rice was obviously a big blow.

Who do ye fancy to win it out?

Carrickshock can beat anyone on their day, but there's too much of a tail on the team to put together a championship run. They have the right top players with franks, the powers, etc, but lack the supporting depth. Hard to look past ballyhale in that regard obviously but by the looks of things, at this early stage, village look like major challengers again.

Martin's should be in the semis at least too, but they are like the opposite of shocks, plenty of depth but need a but of a spark to make them favourites in the big games. I expect them, village and ballyhale to make the semis dunno who else yet. Hopefully the Boro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Any update on Shefflin? 8th June is the big day

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Carrickshock can beat anyone on their day, but there's too much of a tail on the team to put together a championship run. They have the right top players with franks, the powers, etc, but lack the supporting depth. Hard to look past ballyhale in that regard obviously but by the looks of things, at this early stage, village look like major challengers again.

Martin's should be in the semis at least too, but they are like the opposite of shocks, plenty of depth but need a but of a spark to make them favourites in the big games. I expect them, village and ballyhale to make the semis dunno who else yet. Hopefully the Boro :-)

Boring but I can't see past Shamrocks, Shocks, Village for the first 3 semi's dependent on the draw. Would be surprised to see St martins in there.

Tullaroan for the drop but then again every year they manage to survive somehow (Tommy).

• Advertisement

Very optimistic about Martins lots of players and ability lacking a little heart and soul. They need to draw a big gun for them to perform to their best. Maybe Charlie will do the trick

Pudders wrote: »

Tullaroan for the drop but then again every year they manage to survive somehow (Tommy).

Yeah every year they're pegged for it and it just doesn't happen. I expect the same again this year for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Sunday was a club match. Show me the club that can afford to leave Richie power out of championship?

http://www.realtdearg.ie/

He'd be the sub water carrier (stealing my place).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

'Tis only the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

adrian522 wrote: »
    'Tis only the league.

But the league has huge implications on the champinship.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, I know. I'm sure Carrickshock will be fine to make the knockout though, even with out Power.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Yeah, I know. I'm sure Carrickshock will be fine to make the knockout though, even with out Power.

Yeah but top of that group will most likely miss the shamrocks in the semis

blue note wrote: »
    http://www.realtdearg.ie/

He'd be the sub water carrier (stealing my place).

That's not the same, that place is like some freaky super club. I mean rural clubs where Richie power types don't grow on trees like in terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

If Richie Powers grow on trees in Terenure then Anthony Daly really is doing a terrible job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭halfforward

dzer2 wrote: »
    Yeah but top of that group will most likely miss the shamrocks in the semis

There isnt any seeding for the semi final. The top 2 in each group avoid each other in the quarters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement