Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Discussion Thread Mod Warning Post # 5885 #4894 & #5202

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Apologies if this is an obvious question but where is "Pairc Sheamuis Stiophan"? I presume it's a Village ground. Is it the one on the Kells Road or in Larchfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Apologies if this is an obvious question but where is "Pairc Sheamuis Stiophan"? I presume it's a Village ground. Is it the one on the Kells Road or in Larchfield?

Out the Kells road. Pain in the ar** to try and get out of when there's any size of a crowd. Ludicrous bringing two town teams out there to play a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Stephen Staunton is away for the last couple of years huge potential and a major loss for ballyragget . There is not a club in the county affected by emigration,

• Registered Users Posts: 36 castlecat

Stephen Staunton is away for the last couple of years huge potential and a major loss for ballyragget . There is not a club in the county affected by emigration,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭brookville

Yea it was barry staunton that got dismissed but there good hurlers and bragget will be fancying their chances especially if freshford could take the bridge anyone know if the same minor or u21 management are staying on

• Advertisement

http://m.hoganstand.com/Home/Details/244954?county=National
    Minor and u21 county fixtures announced
    Kk v westmeath in the u21
    Minors get a bye and face group winners
    the senior draw will take place next thursday I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭Speak Now

brookville wrote: »
    http://m.hoganstand.com/Home/Details/244954?county=National
    Minor and u21 county fixtures announced
    Kk v westmeath in the u21
    Minors get a bye and face group winners
    the senior draw will take place next thursday I think

U21 draw has KK,Dub and Wex all in the one side. Laois will fancy their chances of getting to the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Match predictions

Sat 2.30 Kells Rd
    O'Loughlin Gaels v Dicksboro- Boro by 3 points this could go either way but I'm plumbing for the Boro just because I'm a Boro man

Sat 4.30 Nowlan Park
    Carrickshock v St. Martins- St. Martins by 2-3 a tight low scoring affair.

Sun 2.00 Nowlan Park
    Bennettsbridge v St. Lactains- Bennettsbridge by 4-5 although the few injuries they picked up might hurt them a bit

Sun 3.45 Nowlan Park
    Thomastown v St. Patricks- Thomastown by 4+ they seem to have a good head of steam built up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Comerman

Is it not Carrickshock v St. Martins????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Comerman wrote: »

I'd say you got a fright with him putting ye in a relegation final! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Comerman wrote: »

Correct sorry about that sure ye're all the one up there in the top right corner of the county. Ye should come together and pull in Railyard and Cloneen and form a UBERclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭blackcard

Match predictions

Sat 2.30 Kells Rd
    O'Loughlin Gaels v Dicksboro- Boro by 3 points this could go either way but I'm plumbing for the Boro just because I'm a Boro man

Sat 4.30 Nowlan Park
    Carrickshock v St. Martins- St. Martins by 2-3 a tight low scoring affair.

Sun 2.00 Nowlan Park
    Bennettsbridge v St. Lactains- Bennettsbridge by 4-5 although the few injuries they picked up might hurt them a bit

Sun 3.45 Nowlan Park
    Thomastown v St. Patricks- Thomastown by 4+ they seem to have a good head of steam built up now.

I would think that O'Loughlins and St. Patricks are favourites, possibly Carrickshock too. Do you know what injuries Bennettsbridge have?

Match predictions

Sat 2.30 Kells Rd

Is Buckley ok? Boro haven't a hope without him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Would fancy O'Loughlins under normal circumstances, but Dicksboro have two good championship games behind them and should hit the ground running. Could be a close one. Loughlins by 2.

I don't think anyone would have predicted Carrickshock would be gracing a relegation final at the start of the year, but having seen them twice this year they certainly haven't been operating at anywhere near a decent Senior standard. Martins have been awful all year too and you'd imagine the Southerners might be able to get scores easier. Carrickshock by 4.

Going for two minor upsets in the Intermediate, Freshford & Thomastown to record narrow wins in what should be two decent games of hurling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

citykat wrote: »
    Is Buckley ok? Boro haven't a hope without him imo.

Hadn't heard anything bad about him, why wouldn't he be? Honest question here, I'm out of the loop

Hadn't heard anything bad about him, why wouldn't he be? Honest question here, I'm out of the loop

Went off injured the last day after 35 mins - heavy/late tackle from Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Topcat32

I thought Walter Walsh was a bit unlucky not to get an all star nomination. Had a good Leinster and all Ireland final, worked hard and appears to be fitting into the team a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Comerman

Correct sorry about that sure ye're all the one up there in the top right corner of the county. Ye should come together and pull in Railyard and Cloneen and form a UBERclub.
    UBER CLUB sounds great but I'd reckon "fight club" would suit better if those four even tried to train together let alone pick a team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭robwen

Will the 2 stands be open for relegation final in Nowlan Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

Topcat32 wrote: »
    I thought Walter Walsh was a bit unlucky not to get an all star nomination. Had a good Leinster and all Ireland final, worked hard and appears to be fitting into the team a bit better.

Ha, no hope. He's too unskilled to get one. He's just there to do a job for Cody. His fumbled goal attempt when it was on a plate for him showed what level he is at. Also, all his points were taken with acres of space because a Larkin or someone set him up, he can't score under pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭kksaints

Was at the Black and Whites vs Kilmacow match. Decent enough match with both sides making some basic errors but some good scores aswell. Skeogh were too defensive in the first half and allowed Kilmacow to get back into the match towards the end of the first half. Two goals in the space of two minutes in the second half won it for Kilmacow with the no 10 scoring one and setting up the other, he also scored a very good point in the second half. Skeogh had some decent goal chances after that but they were well stopped by the Kilmacow keeper and his defence. They also drove a few scoreable frees wide in the second half which didnt help their momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Went to the O'Loughlin's v Dicksboro game today as a neutral, my first SHC game in Kilkenny. Dicksboro shooting in the first half was appalling but O'Loughlin's were always able to kick on when threatened. Buckley was obviously a loss. Thought the Dicksboro no5 looked a very handy player and the O'Loughlin's full forward line showed great pace. Hogan is still a great man under the dropping ball
    The standard of reffing though was absolutely shocking, no consistency whatsoever and a less physical Dicksboro appeared to suffer. How the O'Loughlin's no4 stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

The relegation final was a game of two halves, carrickshock went in 3 up and were getting their scores easier but st martins upped it in the 2nd half and a goal midway through the half put them ahead and they never looked back they soon added the 2nd goal to give them the cushion to see it out, cshock will be bitterly disappointed but in the 2nd half when the game was to be won they were out worked, I'm not going to kick a team when down but it's being a trait of this team when big matches were there to be won they disappeared, on paper they have better hurlers than most club teams but have underachieved on many occasions I fear it'll be a few years before we see them senior again

The relegation final was a game of two halves, carrickshock went in 3 up and were getting their scores easier but st martins upped it in the 2nd half and a goal midway through the half put them ahead and they never looked back they soon added the 2nd goal to give them the cushion to see it out, cshock will be bitterly disappointed but in the 2nd half when the game was to be won they were out worked, I'm not going to kick a team when down but it's being a trait of this team when big matches were there to be won they disappeared, on paper they have better hurlers than most club teams but have underachieved on many occasions I fear it'll be a few years before we see them senior again

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭dobbs2210

Cannot understand how Carrickshock got relegated given the number of fine hurlers they have. How did John Power hurl? Given they have the two Powers alone in their attack it's hard to comprehend. John Power when he is playing to his potential is a serious talent, he can be pure class. Why have they not performed this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Topcat32

dobbs2210 wrote: »
    Cannot understand how Carrickshock got relegated given the number of fine hurlers they have. How did John Power hurl? Given they have the two Powers alone in their attack it's hard to comprehend. John Power when he is playing to his potential is a serious talent, he can be pure class. Why have they not performed this year?
    To be fair they have suffered badly from injuries picked up to key players while playing with the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭northern lad

Went to the O'Loughlin's v Dicksboro game today as a neutral, my first SHC game in Kilkenny. Dicksboro shooting in the first half was appalling but O'Loughlin's were always able to kick on when threatened. Buckley was obviously a loss. Thought the Dicksboro no5 looked a very handy player and the O'Loughlin's full forward line showed great pace. Hogan is still a great man under the dropping ball
    The standard of reffing though was absolutely shocking, no consistency whatsoever and a less physical Dicksboro appeared to suffer. How the O'Loughlin's no4 stayed on the pitch I'll never know.

Buckley, Fagan and Murphy were a huge blow to Dicksboro. They've improved immensely from their defeat in 2013 to Carrickshock ( relegated today). Very young side but really moving in the right direction. Observations regarding ref and no.4 spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭blackcard

dobbs2210 wrote: »

I am told that Richie Power announced in the dressing room before the match that it would be his last game of hurling ever. Sad if this were true, has been a great servant to Carrickshock and Kilkenny. The effort he made the last two years to get fit despite injuries was monumental and vital to Kilkenny's cause. He owes us nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

blackcard wrote: »
    I am told that Richie Power announced in the dressing room before the match that it would be his last game of hurling ever. Sad if this were true, has been a great servant to Carrickshock and Kilkenny. The effort he made the last two years to get fit despite injuries was monumental and vital to Kilkenny's cause. He owes us nothing.
    Very sorry to hear if that's true. He was a difference maker, all through his career.

• Advertisement

As I said previously the likes of richie power, michael rice and mick fennely have being unbelievable servants to club and county and what there putting their body through we'll never know all men couldn't even train for most of the year and they have to look at the long term affect along with jackie and possibly larkin we could have another clearout

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement