Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2013:Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Give me a "K"

:D

vectra wrote: »
    LOL
    Kimi, fastest lap right at the end.. :)

Too easy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Hmm,
    Wonder could he repeat 2007
    Win in OZ and went on to win wdc :P

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Fair play to Kimi, good race.

Nice haul of points for Ferrari.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Delighted for Kimi and more delighted Red Bull doesn't have pace they showed over practice and quali.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

This will wake Redbull up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

vectra wrote: »
    LOL
    Kimi, fastest lap right at the end.. :)

That was purely to piss Vettel off even more, fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Tough call for driver of the day tbh a tie between Kimi and Sutil imo, i do feel sorry for Massa though properly ****ed over by his team once again.

after fifteen hours of motor racing in the last twenty hours im now ready to keel over

Hon ya lad ya!

more delighted Red Bull doesn't have pace they showed over practice and quali.

all down to track temp i'd say

• Advertisement

Kimi looks so proud to hear the anthem :pac:

Surprised Lotus/Renault don't have La Marseillaise as their tune.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Grim. wrote: »

Next weekend's race will spin a better tale I suppose, unless it rains.

Probably made it a bit too easy for Lotus. Malaysia generally has high ambient rather than track temperature so we'll see, they have a pitstop in hand :pac:

Kimi already talking about Brazil, get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Surprised Lotus/Renault don't have La Marseillaise as their tune.

Renault are just the engine supplier, have nothing to do with the team otherwise. Would be a bit weird having the Lotus name with the French anthem.

Here is it just me or is Kimi a bit more lively than usual? i wonder is it the thoughts of the massive piss up tonight

Rascasse wrote: »
    Renault are just the engine supplier, have nothing to do with the team otherwise. Would be a bit weird having the Lotus name with the French anthem.
    Boullier isn't a French name :pac:
    Here is it just me or is Kimi a bit more lively than usual? i wonder is it the thoughts of the massive piss up tonight
    He's very woumd up. I get the impression that there's some podium pace there. Unlike McLaren (the **** has happened there!?) they seem to have carried pace into this year.

If Kimi had stopped before the end he would've finished 3rd. Instead he finished, set the fastest lap at the end and finished first.

Boullier isn't a French name :pac:
    Sure, but he's just an employee.
    Unlike McLaren (the **** has happened there!?) they seem to have carried pace into this year.
    Some journo made a quip on Friday that the McLaren looks so bad that they could bring back last years car. It was said in jest but looking at today's performance it might not be a bad idea.

after fifteen hours of motor racing in the last twenty hours im now ready to keel over

Really weird in the middle of a long drinkin session to see bikes tracking along at 200mph on the Daytona banking. Surreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Well done Kimi.

Fifth for Lewis in his first race race for Mercedes.

Sure, but he's just an employee.
    Is the money not mainly coming from France? It was til recently I thought.
    Some journo made a quip on Friday that the McLaren looks so bad that they could bring back last years car. It was said in jest but looking at today's performance it might not be a bad idea.
    Yeah they said it during the race today. I find it amazing they could go so far backwards this year with the new rules coming next season.

• Advertisement

Is the money not mainly coming from France? It was til recently I thought.
    No, a pair of Luxembourgish billionaire wbankers, one of whom is good friends of Sutil.

No, a pair of Luxembourgish billionaire wbankers, one of whom is good friends of Sutil.

Those Goddamn Belgians.

See Kimi driving around Hamilton lads? That's how it's done. Hamilton already having to "grin and bear it".

I wouldn't get wound up about the season yet:

Lotus won't have that advantage again except for a couple of races unless the tyres switch on perfectly.
    Ferrari will close up consistently it seems, even pace with both drivers.
    RB Will have general pace, hopefully they won't have good track position.
    McLaren have nothing, amazing to see them lose so much pace in a year.
    Mercedes are hard to judge, looked good for a while but I wasn't expecting much this season.

I wasn't expecting much from any of the teams this season. Can't see why Mercedes would waste their time on this season's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Have to say, delighted I woke up for that. Really really enjoyed that Grand Prix. Delighted that Alonso got on the Podium for the first race of the season. Fair play to Kimi too. Epic win that.

Can't wait for next week already!

I'm already writing off the next race so I can look forward to the next one. If I look forward from this one I'll just end up disappointed. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Jensons 9th place brings him to 1001 Total Career Points. But that is still only 2 points for McLaren.

Great result for Kimi, but I don't think we can expect the same from Lotus next week, unless it is as bizarre as this weekend.

Marussia look like they have the run on Caterham this year, Bianchi very strong all weekend.

McLaren seemed to be running with too much rear wing, in comparison to RBR and the other big teams.

Final Timing Screen:
    BFiur7-CQAE5Dy-.png:large

Speed Trap:
    BFixiGVCUAE_JgI.png:large

Constructors Standings:
    BFiyFK0CAAEg1gc.png:large

Driver Points Table:
    BFiyp2sCMAA9-Or.png:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

See Kimi driving around Hamilton lads? That's how it's done. Hamilton already having to "grin and bear it".

Well one long squint through his rear view mirrors at the Mclarens & I'm sure that grin got a good bit wider ;) I thought Lewis did very well, I'd say he's a very happy bunny today with 5th place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Himi Himi Himi Himi knows what he's doing!

Vettle is annoyingly a m a z i n g in qualy.

I like seeing new fresh Hamilton enjoying new challenge doing well. Pity for Rosberg once again :(

McLaren I can't understand how it's possible to ruin such a good car during winter break :O

I do enjoy seeing Lotus progress every year a tiny bit approaching steady development path in car but also elsewhere,with staff,sponsors,media and social media. I will put few yoyos on Kimis championship now.. Very possible indeed as long as their pit-stops and car reliability are top job throughout the season. Team atmosphere is fantastic.
    They need to improve qualy pace tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Great race, and relieved that RB just didn't run off into the distance.

Love seeing a good battle with Alonso and Kimi, they are great rivals and respect each other quite a bit.

We could yet have a great season on our hands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Coulthard got one last cheeky dig at Schumi on the beeb

Advertisement